Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Volunteering to record your phone message

I listen to a radio program on NPR called "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me." For those who are not familiar, it is a variety/trivia/news game show of sorts where listeners call in and play a game to win the voice of long-time radio personality Carl Kasell on their home answering machine.

The idea got me to wondering if anyone would like the Chief Romance Officer of Couples Resorts to be the voice on your phone while you are vacationing at one of our resorts OR simply as a fun new message before you leave or after you return.

I could say something to the effect:

"Greetings from the Chief Romance Officer of Couples Resorts. Bob and Sue are not available to take your call right now as they are in Jamaica Falling In Love Again at Couples Tower Isle. Please leave a message and they will call you back when they return more in love than ever before..."

I could also personalize it more if you want. How about " Bob and Sue are not here. They've eloped to Couples Sans Souci in Jamaica. Sorry Aunt Dottie..." LOL

OR -

"Bob and Sue are here, however, they are unable to answer the phone as they are right in the middle of a great DayDream about their upcoming vacation at Couples Swept Away in Jamaica."

I am willing to record greetings for people with confirmed reservations. If you are interested in this service, just post your interest here and I will contact you offline to work out the technical details in order for me to record the message remotely.
    Last edited by Couples Resorts; December 7th, 2009 at 07:42 AM.

Couples Resorts

Sounds like a nice offer,However I wouldn't recommend advertising that my house is vacant to the wrong callers.

Thanks Rastamon,

The message can say whatever you want me to say as long as I get the Couples Resorts plug in it somewhere.

Couples Resorts

I like it. - thanks Randymon

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

I do love the idea of it but I have to agree with Rastamon. Police always tell you not to advertise the fact you are away from home. It is an invitation to thieves.

I love the idea!

Fabulous idea!! I LOOOOVE Wait Wait, and think it would be great fun! Randymon, you're Couples' answer to Carl Kasell!!!

I like the Idea.....I really enjoy, wait wait don't tell me. There are always ways a company can provide unique services.....keep the brainstorming up! See you in April!

I think it sounds fantastic. (Although, I will admit to secretly longing for Carl Kasell on my home answering machine.)

Our next trip is in May to CSA. I may take you up on that offer.

I love this idea! Sign me up!(just one month from today at 4 pm I will b getting married at CSA on the beach)!

When we're ready, I'll have you say, "Ricky and Karen have moved to Jamaica, permanently."
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

nice idea but I wouldn't want to advertise that we are out of town. Think cellular phones!

Cute! Kev and I would steal Ricky and Karen's idea ha ha
    Kevin & Angie

Default Answering Machine

What a great idea! Definitely interested!!! We'll be looking for this service in July!

I LOVE it!!! We will be at CTI (first timers) in 10 days!!! Hopefully it will be ready to go by then - LOL - .... if not, we will find ya on the resort and have you record personally for us!!! heeee heee

I absolutely love the idea.. We will be home at CTI on 12/18. Would love to have a voicemail on my machine from Randy. 18 days and counting down. Still hopeful for an IPOD dock on the island,.....

Ok, It sounds like I may some takers.

Similar to how you all request me to read your love letters, place your request on this thread and I will contact you offline to make the appropriate arrangements. When contacted, I will need the following basic information:

1. Your first names
    2. The date you are confirmed to travel
    3. The name of the resort at which you will be falling in love again.
    4. Date you wish me to record and any special message you want me to include.
    4. Your telephone number and instructions on how to access your message remotely.

Upon receipt, I will then email you with the proposed text for your approval.

This could be fun.

Couples Resorts

I love the idea, "Dan and Karin left the kitties at home with a sitter to jet off to paradise......."

Ok Missy. We are all set. You are the first person to agree for me to record your phone message. I am looking forward to it.

Couples Resorts

My first thought was like many others: Don't tell the world you are not at home! Maybe you could come up with something to put on the recorder AFTER your return about how wonderful it was and that the caller could have that too?

Default another idea

Randy,

I saw a thing on Hawaii the other day. One of the resorts presents each guest with a necklace made of some sort of nut that is all brown.

On the guest's return trip to the resort, they are to bring the necklace back and the resort replaces one brown nut with one white nut.

Each time the guest has a return visit to the resort and brings their necklace, they get their brown nut replaced with a white one.

So when the guests wear their necklaces, it is easily seen as to how many times they have visited the resort. Maybe each Couples resort could have a different color so maybe other guests can ask them about the different Couples resorts they have been to.

I would grandfather in the people who have been repeaters already so they have a collection of the 'repeaters' colors on their necklace instead of starting from scratch.

I think it would be a great advertisement for Couples and also let those that are 'first timers' soon to be repeaters, of how many 'repeaters' there are to our truly loved 'home' in Jamaica.

Thoughts?

Joanne
    see you in 8 months 6 days (not soon enough)

Hey Randy!

I would love for you to leave a message on our phone. Sean and I (Angelle)will be at CTI Dec.5 - 9th. let me know if you can - thanks!

Angelle

Sounds great...I cant wait until May to have you do mine and my husbands.

Randymon I would love love love for you to record my VM. I just figured out how to do it remotely. I will be there from 12/24/09 - 1/01/10! I am getting married on the 28th! Our home will not be vacant and it is my cell so no one really has that number except for people who know I will not be there already!

My email is jmca_0704@yahoo.com.

We will be staying at CSA!

Thank you so much for offering such cool extras, its the entire reason I picked Couples.

Jessica

Greetings to all:

I thought you would all get a kick out of a recent vacation message recording I just did. Let me know if you would like me to do something similar for you. BTW- it does not only have to be a vacation message. I am also willing to record your normal daily message, ie: "Bob and Sue are not here to take your call right now, they're busy chasing each other around the house"... :-)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Couples Resorts; January 29th, 2010 at 07:27 AM.

Couples Resorts

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast