Thread: Rum Mixology

Default Rum Mixology

One of the classes we attended during our first visit to CN in 2006 was Rum Mixology. It was not offered during our last two visits, and is not currently listed under Activities. Is there any chance of bringing it back?

One of the entertainment staff members guided guests, one at a time, through a drink recipe. Those in attendance would each sample the mix, and it had to be finished before we proceeded to the next drink. It was a lot of fun, especially with our new friends from Germany who delighted in reversing the proportions of juice to rum.

We had a really refreshing afternoon nap afterwards. I was amazed we woke up in time for dinner.

I would tend to think it is not offered anymore for obvious reasons.

That being, if I were in that 'class' it would last all week and there would be a definate Rum shortage on the island of Jamaica.

They had the Mixology class at CN in 2004 when we were there. We went back in 2008 and were disappointed to find it was no longer on the activities list. They told us they no longer had it because a few guests overindulged and became very ill.

I miss it too. It was a ton of fun and allowed you to try new drinks!