Default Closed toed shoes=Keens?

Any men out there who have worn Keens as their closed toed shoes in the restaurants? They look nice with Khakis...not sure if I can get my hubby in anything else. He's a keens or cowboy boots kind of guy...

What to Keens look like?

The restriction actually says "closed shoes." I'm assuming CSA and Feathers as I just checked the other 3 resorts and they all use different verbiage for their dress codes.

"For gentlemen: collar shirt, dress long pants (no jeans/ denim), dress shoes / closed shoes."

It's not just the toe, in other words. Keens look to be pretty open and casual. I'm thinking they may not let him in with them.

Is the toe closed?

Quote Originally Posted by mt_mama View Post
    Any men out there who have worn Keens as their closed toed shoes in the restaurants? They look nice with Khakis...not sure if I can get my hubby in anything else. He's a keens or cowboy boots kind of guy...
    Sweet ginger brown !! if you can provide a pic i am sure you will get plenty of useable information

thank you mt mama way to close the november strong ...

I wore my keens last night, technically are closed toed sandals so they will work.

Nope. The dress code for the gormet restaurants now states "Dress Shoes". Keens are not dress shoes. There are plenty of restaurants he can wear the Keens to, so you won't go hungry. His stuborness will just prevent you from the gormet restuarants on the resort. Nice guy!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

What I saw men wearing with my own eyes the week of November 14-21,2009 at SweptAway during dinner at the Palms and Patois Patio was every shoe type,(sneakers,sandals,even flipflops...yes even the simple rubber $1:00 type).At Feathers and Lemongrass there were boat shoes and canvas shoes all with completely closed toes...do I consider the last two a dress shoe ,no. Do they inforce the rules... they were not even following their own rule of not sitting groups together at the gourmet restaurants,our night at Feathers we were seated by a group of 10(at one table and 4 next to it(all friends not a wedding party) and on the other side of us were at group of 8 all friends (not a wedding party)we could not hear our waiter when he came to tell us the dessert offerings,it sounded like a elementary school lunch room. We just call it "Grouples" now when we refer to our vacation.

Walgreen's is having a HUGE sale on last summers crocs!!! Can't go wrong there...unless you wear the wrong socks with them!!!
    Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by Bkhiattky View Post
    Walgreen's is having a HUGE sale on last summers crocs!!! Can't go wrong there...unless you wear the wrong socks with them!!!
    On the serious side...Crocs are not acceptable anywere!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

LMAO Wally!!!
    Kristen

i know in some parts of the coutnry that beloved indoor sport that combines drinking and lots of noise aka bowling has the best solution
    you walk in and they have shoes available to rent what a great idea
    rules are followed and everyone seems happy. Yes bowling may not be classy or very foo foo but they have figured out how to
    1) have rules in place for specific reasons
    2) enforce the rule and create harmony
    now combine that with rubber bumpers and cheap beer and you have a party
    Randy is there any way couples could pick up a few dozen various size used bowling shoes? You walk up to feathere give your room number and your size and presto.

Oparent Grouples lol nice - sorry that you experienced that your week i can see that putting a damper on a romantic week

Bkhiattky -crocs on sale color me there knew i could count on your input on this critical subject

Pam - you are slacking miss i see someone was nice enough to provide the FAQ insert well done

Mt_mama include a pic you cant open up such an emotionally charge topic such as this with out a pic.

Wally - Crocs have to be acceptable somewhere no? i mean this country endured the amc pacer for 4 years right? we shall too endure crocs but only with sox

" our night at Feathers we were seated by a group of 10(at one table and 4 next to it(all friends not a wedding party) and on the other side of us were at group of 8 all friends (not a wedding party)we could not hear our waiter when he came to tell us the dessert offerings,it sounded like a elementary school lunch room. We just call it "Grouples" now when we refer to our vacation"

We have seen this also, and it is EXACTLY what is going to drive us and other guests away. There are other resorts for that....

I understand the occasional wedding, but there are groups of guests on this Message Board who like to "meet up " and "Par-Ta" , and get loud and drunk, instead of be alone and romantic with their partner which is the reason we go to a "couples only" resort.

I don't care if you attack me for saying this....since you are not the majority - just the loudest !!

Quote Originally Posted by WandA View Post
    I understand the occasional wedding, but there are groups of guests on this Message Board who like to "meet up " and "Par-Ta" , and get loud and drunk, instead of be alone and romantic with their partner which is the reason we go to a "couples only" resort.

I don't care if you attack me for saying this....since you are not the majority - just the loudest !!
    Very well said! We are with you!
    [

Quote Originally Posted by WandA View Post
    " our night at Feathers we were seated by a group of 10(at one table and 4 next to it(all friends not a wedding party) and on the other side of us were at group of 8 all friends (not a wedding party)we could not hear our waiter when he came to tell us the dessert offerings,it sounded like a elementary school lunch room. We just call it "Grouples" now when we refer to our vacation"

We have seen this also, and it is EXACTLY what is going to drive us and other guests away. There are other resorts for that....

I have to chime in on this topic as well. I don't post often, but read the MB several times a day in anticipation of our trip. (Two more days!!!! WOOHOO!!!)

I also am dismayed at the number of larger parties that are now at Couples. This will be our 4th trip to CSA and it gets worse every time. Beyond the loudness in the restaurants as they struggle to fit large parties to tables not suited for it, the partying late into the night has become troublesome. I was awoken twice on our last trip by rowdy individuals who had had way too much to drink and did not think twice about leaning over the railings of their verandahs to scream at their friends below.

Also the wedding parties seem to get larger and larger on each trip. I thought the purpose of a destination wedding was to keep it small and intimate and not have 20 - 30 people along for the ride. As much as I like weddings and will am renewing our vows on this week's trip, it sometimes gets out of hand with large groups.

Just my two cents. No offense intended.

Tammy

A pair of Topsiders can cure a lot of dining problems, folks.

Looks like I'm not alone in my generally pleasant opinions on some other topics.
    nobody's favorite poster

Agreed with everyone above. I wish Couples would be less accommodating of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubismo View Post
    A pair of Topsiders can cure a lot of dining problems, folks.

Looks like I'm not alone in my generally pleasant opinions on some other topics.

I agree... and also... you're there sharing some romantic time together going out for what will be a nice dinner, why not dress up just a little. put on some nice pants, a nice short sleeve shirt and some topsiders. I know my wife appreciates it when I dress up a little when we're going for a nice dinner... and if wearing closed toe shoes is that awful and that much of a burden, either run back to your room and change immediately after dinner or just don't go to the restaurants that have a dress code requiring that style of footwear.

ENJOY!

Grouples....ROFL - that is just classic!

What's strange about this (besides the fact that this thread has morphed from yet another shoes issue to loud groups at dinner and elsewhere) is SA is the last place I would have guessed as the site of these frat gatherings. I would have thought it likelier to read about this at CTI or CN, the two resorts with somewhat more social reputations. Just goes to show that anything is possible at any of the four resorts.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Well, alrighty then...apparantly I will not be asking any more questions here. I only wanted to know if anyone has ever worn keens to the restaurants, as they are a closed toed sandal. I had no idea I was opening up such an "emotionally charged" issue, I was simply asking a question about shoes. I thought this was a place to ask those simple questions about your upcoming trip or to post about past experiences, not a place that you would get criticized and put down for asking. And honestly, from a lot of the posts I have seen here I don't think my question was out of line by any means. But to have my husband slammed by other posters just has totally shocked the heck out of me...I don't even know what to say.

Thank you IACOUPLE! That is exactly what I was looking for and expecting to see when I logged back on tonight!

Wally :His stubbornness will just prevent you from the gourmet restaurants on the resort. Nice guy!
    Not once did I say he was stubborn or unwilling to wear other shoes, I was being a supportive wife who was asking questions to find out if he could wear something that he is comfortable in. Or if we needed to run out and buy some cheesy $15 walmart dress shoes in place of his $100 keens. My husband is an incredibly nice guy, and a simple post about shoes does not deserve the comments above. You also stated that "The dress code for the gourmet restaurants now states "Dress Shoes". In the FAQ section it states dress shoes/closed shoes. Keens are closed shoes. That is exactly why I asked the question...it says both are acceptable.

steverandlinda:
    Twice you mentioned that I should have enclosed a pic...I totally didn't realize I should have. As technically savvy as everyone seems to be here, I guess I figured if you didn't know what keens are you could google them to see what they are instead of berating someone for not posting a pic.

Cubismo: A pair of Topsiders can cure a lot of dining problems, folks.
    Thanks - I am not 100% sure what topsiders are, but I have in my mind that they are type of tennis material boat shoe? Oh wait, I googled them because I wasn't sure, and yes, I see what you mean! Great idea...unfortunately not so easy to find in Montana. Especially in December, it's all boots for us now! His keens may even be a bit dressier than topsiders...but we will definitely keep our eyes open on the way there during one of our many layovers to see if we can pick some up since those appear to be what people have worn.

Roclin Quote: I agree... and also... you're there sharing some romantic time together going out for what will be a nice dinner, why not dress up just a little. put on some nice pants, a nice short sleeve shirt and some topsiders. I know my wife appreciates it when I dress up a little when we're going for a nice dinner... and if wearing closed toe shoes is that awful and that much of a burden, either run back to your room and change immediately after dinner or just don't go to the restaurants that have a dress code requiring that style of footwear.
    I love and appreciate it when my husband dresses up...he looks incredibly classy (and unbelievably sexy) in his long black dress coat, dressy vest, pressed black jeans and cowboy boots. Much more dressed up than the khakis and short sleeve shirts that he will have to wear. I didn't say it was a burden or he refuses to wear other shoes, or that he never dresses up to impress me and share romantic time at dinner with his wife. We eat out often at very nice restaurants...and dress up often as well. Again, I was just trying to find something that will work that he will be comfortable in on vacation.

As for how this post changed from shoes to loud dinners...not sure how that happened...not my intent!

I have been checking this message board in anticipation of our trip, and have to say it's a bit disappointing to log back in and see what this has turned in to. Puts a bit of a damper on it all for a moment...but just a moment. Because we are going to be there in two days...and most of you will still be hanging around slamming people on the message board. Hopefully we won't see some of you at dinner later this week...but if we do, my husband is the sexy one in his dress shirt, khakis, and his closed toed keens.

Mt Mama,

Please do not let the negative posts of a few tarnish in any way your stay with us. I guess the moderators need to start flagging those who continually inject their subjective, often bitter and negative comments into a simple conversation.

Mt Mama has the final say here. We look forward to welcoming you home!

Couples Resorts