Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6

    Default Possible to do the Cat Cruise if at CSS

    Hi all,
    Anyone know if it's possible to go to CTI stay the day and do the Catamaran Cruise, then get our own taxi back when we return from it at 7pm ish.
    Were looking at going on the Cat Wednesday 9th December.
    We are Rewards members and do qualify for the exchange but I don't know if thet accomodate quite that much.
    Unfortunately we wont arrive at CSS until early Tuesday morning, so time is a factor for booking, I know.

    Thank's

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    949

    Default

    Sorry to say but you will not be able to go out on the Cat cruise when you visit CTI during trading places. The Cat cruise does not go out on the days when trading places is in effect.
    If you really want to go out on the Cat cruise you have two choices

    1. Pay for a day pass to CTI on a day the Cat cruise goes out

    2. Go on a Cat cruise from an outside vendor from Ocho Rios. The activity desk in the lobby can arrange that for you.
    We are also staying @ CSS from 12/14 to 12/23 and cannot go out on the Cat cruise for the same rerason

  3. #3

    Default

    This question has been asked before and the answer is no the CTI cat cruise is only available to those staying at that resort. There is a cat cruise you can pay for and take from CSS they transport you into town to catch it.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Richli2 View Post
    Sorry to say but you will not be able to go out on the Cat cruise when you visit CTI during trading places. The Cat cruise does not go out on the days when trading places is in effect.
    If you really want to go out on the Cat cruise you have two choices

    1. Pay for a day pass to CTI on a day the Cat cruise goes out

    2. Go on a Cat cruise from an outside vendor from Ocho Rios. The activity desk in the lobby can arrange that for you.
    We are also staying @ CSS from 12/14 to 12/23 and cannot go out on the Cat cruise for the same rerason
    The Cat cruise at CTI is NOT available to those visiting on day passes you have to have a room number to book it. It would be cheaper to book the one you pay for at CSS anyway.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,084

    Default

    Sadly no, you can not
    Kristen

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default

    What time you getting in on the 14th? Joan and I get in about 1:30 PM, but 'have' to leave on the 22nd. Our first time.
    Bob

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    130

    Default

    I noticed that this thread is quite old, I am really hoping that CSS will make the Cat cruise an addition before 2012. It is such a great excursion and I have bragged about it so much that now I worry it will be a let down to those we have convinced to come experience couples with us. Randymon is there some reason it is offered everywhere but CSS, or why CSS guest can't enjoy with the CTI guests with the resorts so close?
    I totally missed this when booking for 2012.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rsmith2078 View Post
    I noticed that this thread is quite old, I am really hoping that CSS will make the Cat cruise an addition before 2012. It is such a great excursion and I have bragged about it so much that now I worry it will be a let down to those we have convinced to come experience couples with us. Randymon is there some reason it is offered everywhere but CSS, or why CSS guest can't enjoy with the CTI guests with the resorts so close?
    I totally missed this when booking for 2012.
    I had that question as well when I made our reservation. I was told there are coral reefs at CSS that prohibit boats from docking at the resort. We may go one one offered outside the resort. This is soemthing we always did in the past at other resorts and we have always had a good time.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    775

    Default

    It is not offered at CSS because of a reef that is in the cove of CSS and the boat can not get into shore.
    Linda

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,272

    Default

    CSS is surrounded by reefs. It is impossible to get a boat that large into the bay without damaging the boat or the reef. Thus, no cat cruise at CSS.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

  11. #11

    Default

    Can't have a Cat cruise from CSS because of the reef that surrounds the beach. You can't get the boat in there.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    130

    Default

    I get the reefs but don't get the unwillingness to allow the CSS guest to utilize the cat from CTI. I would be willing to grab a taxi and cover the transportation expense for certain. Matter fact in previous visits the Cat at CTI had to be picked up at a separate location due to rough water. Why not treat it as such and allow this great excursion to be had by those choosing CSS????

    Randymon please ask them to consider one of these options.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rsmith2078 View Post
    I get the reefs but don't get the unwillingness to allow the CSS guest to utilize the cat from CTI. I would be willing to grab a taxi and cover the transportation expense for certain. Matter fact in previous visits the Cat at CTI had to be picked up at a separate location due to rough water. Why not treat it as such and allow this great excursion to be had by those choosing CSS????

    Randymon please ask them to consider one of these options.
    With Trading Places, no one is allowed to use any service that requires reservations--Spa, Dinners, Diving for example. We stay at CTI and I can not go have a massage in the hut overlooking the sea when I visit CSS. It is just one of those things. BUT we are happy that now we can visit the resort without having to pay a fee as this has only come about in recent years. We have stayed at resorts that offered everything to everyone from their "Sister" resorts and it was crazy. Even with reservations, people would get bumped from an activity or a dinner.
    Vicky

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,272

    Default

    The Cat Cruise is booked as it stands now; I can't imagine trying to book it for two resorts.

    You just need to remember that each resort offers it's own excursions and a Cat Cruise is not one of the excursions offered at CSS. If you want the Cat Cruise, you either need to pay for one by yourself or go to a different resort.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    130

    Default

    I hear you all, just missed it when we booked and got other first timers to book. It is offered at all the others and I just assummed. If I'm being fair CSS has the least inclusive package yet cost more than CTI...just wish there was a work around for the CAT excursion since it was certainly a highlight of our previous trips and now I have to go explain there isn't an included option.

    We were making our rounds with all the Couples resorts, except for CTI which we will have 2 stays under our belt there in just a few weeks...I agree Couples is usually overly accommodating and I can't imagine staying anywhere else, but this is one item that there could be a work around on to make the excursions offered more equal between the resorts. This is especially true now that the horseback riding is going away, I would much rather have an excursion than a minibar when part of my favorite part of ordering a drink is the smiling faces of the glorious staff :-)

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,929

    Default

    Well, if you want to look at what's offered, CSS has all suites, CTI only as a few. CSS has full room service, the others breakfast only. CSS and CTI include Dunn's River, CN & CSA have no falls climb included. They all have something that is unique. But what they all have in common--excellen service with a smile and staff that will go above and beyond!
    Vicky

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •