Default CN review Nov 14-24

Just want to start by saying WOW! This was my our first time to a Couples resort and to Jamaica. We landed and went straight to the Couples lounge,and were greeted with an ice cold Red Stripe. I have to say I was very relieved, my husband is a die hard Budweiser drinker and I was really concerned he wouldn't like the Red Stripe, but he LOVED it! We then went to the bus and were told we would have to tip the boy for taking our bags. He wanted $1 per bag. We didn't mind, but just a heads up for everyone else to have some $ ready (I had to dig through my purse to find my stash). Dave drove us to the resort, stopping half way for a washroom break and some Red Stripe. He was very informative, telling us about Jamaica the entire trip.

We arrived at the resort to a cold cloth and a glass of champagne, WOW. Check in was a breeze, but there was only 1 other couple checking in at the same time. front desk staff were OK, but could have been a little happier.

We were taken to our room which was in building 2. The room was perfect. A very comfortable bed, mini fridge, and a shower large enough for the 2 of us. The remote was not working for the AC, so we called the front desk, and a new one was delivered in 30 min.We asked for some extras in our mini bar daily and some days we got what we asked for, but not always. The room was cleaned daily with different themed towels on our bed which was a nice touch.

The bartenders were great. Franklin is awesome! His "come again" is my new favorite drink, but we can't seem to perfect it at home.We always had really good service at the swim up bar and Amay at the AN beach never let our drinks get empty, even when her ice machine was broken and she had to go to the pool bar to fill our orders.

As for the food, my only complaint would be breakfast... it was the same everyday. Only scrambled or boiled eggs unless you wanted an omelette (which were amazing by the way). Otaheite was by far my favorite. The snack bar serves a great jerk chicken after a day in the ocean. All of the restaurants were exceptional, you will always find something you like even if you are a very picky eater. I also enjoyed seeing who I assume is the Head Chef talking to guests in the Cassava Terrace.

The Beach, AMAZING. We have been to the Mayan Riviera twice before and the beaches of Negril are far better! I could not get over how warm the water was. It was a little choppy and full of seaweed when we first arrived due to Ida just moving through, but by day 4, the seaweed was gone and the water calm.

We had massages in the treehouse and WOW again. I don't know if it was because we were in such a beautiful place, or what, but that was one of the best massages I've ever had.

We did trading places one day and went to CSA. Unfortunately it rained the entire day, but we still made the best of it and spent the day in one of the hot tubs with 2 other brave couples, taking turns running to the pool bar for more drinks. We found the age group to be a little younger than at CN, but it was raining like I said and hard to tell for sure. We found CSA to be huge compared to CN,, but it seemed very nice as well.

This has to be the best trip we have ever had, and can't wait to go back. Now I see what all the fuss is about and am truly addicted to Couples!

My sentiments exactly! Couples far exceeded my expectations and it is "HOME". We will be back...again and again!!

Great review...addiction ot Couples is wonderful isn't it???
    Kristen

Default Thanks for your notes!

Heading to CN in late Fed - 1st time. Nice to hear about your trip. Mary & Duane from Central PA where it is rainy and dreary and cold.