Default How many would care

I know it's allowed on the main beach at CSS, but how many who attend and go to the main beach care when there is someone topless or wearing sheer bikinis/etc? Is it something that's looked down upon at the main beach even though it's allowed?

Looked down by prude Americans mostly I think it's the norm in Europe. Just go to Sunset Beach and get totally naked it's even better!
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

If it is clearly stated that it is allowed, I would expect to encounter it. I realize it makes some people uncomfortable, but rules are rules. There are many places to vacation that would have no option for topless. Doesn't bother me a bit, but I can understand there is room for all opinions.
    Lew

If you are comfortable wearing it then do so, no one else is likely to give it a second thought.

Topless isn't allowed on the main beach. I asked one day and was told no, but that I was welcome to go over to SSB and disrobe.

We were with a friend who wore a thong on the main beach and I didn't see any strange looks.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

No-one really cares what others have on. Whatever makes you feel good, or whatever you are comfortable is all that matters.
    Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    Topless isn't allowed on the main beach. I asked one day and was told no, but that I was welcome to go over to SSB and disrobe.

We were with a friend who wore a thong on the main beach and I didn't see any strange looks.
    Topless IS allowed in the main beach at CSS!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by sand52man View Post
    I know it's allowed on the main beach at CSS, but how many who attend and go to the main beach care when there is someone topless or wearing sheer bikinis/etc? Is it something that's looked down upon at the main beach even though it's allowed?
    If it is looked down upon it will probably be done so by those who wish they were in the physcial condition to wear such attire.
    I concure with shari, head over to ssb get nekkid and any worries or reservation become moot.

Yeah, we would probably do the AN option sometimes as well. But it would be nice to show off the sexy bikinis and stuff as well. It's nice to have that option on the main beach as well as the AN option.

I know from reading this board that at different times there are different numbers of topless on the textile beaches - sometimes alot and sometimes a few.

I would also imagine that some people frown on topless sunbathers while others enjoy the view.

Which leads me to the conclusion... do whatever makes you feel most comfortable and don't worry about what others think.
    ... it keepsh me shane

Randymon ~ Can you answer the question for us if topless is allowed on the main beach at CSS. Last week when we were there I asked a water sports person if I could go topless and he told me it was not allowed.

Thanks for clearing up the confusion.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradojuli View Post
    Randymon ~ Can you answer the question for us if topless is allowed on the main beach at CSS. Last week when we were there I asked a water sports person if I could go topless and he told me it was not allowed.

Thanks for clearing up the confusion.
    Maybe you're correct. This is from the FAQs. However we saw topless on the main beach at CSS in March and no one said anything.

Is topless allowed?

Yes – topless sunbathing is allowed in designated areas at following resort:

Couples Tower Isle: topless sunbathing is permitted at the end of the pier off the main beach.

Couples Negril: topless sunbathing is allowed on the main beach.

Couples Swept Away: topless sunbathing is allowed on the main beach.

Topless is not allowed at or in any of our swimming pools.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Here is the part from the Facts section: Is topless allowed?

"Yes – topless sunbathing is allowed in designated areas at following resort:

Couples Tower Isle: topless sunbathing is permitted at the end of the pier off the main beach.

Couples Negril: topless sunbathing is allowed on the main beach.

Couples Swept Away: topless sunbathing is allowed on the main beach.

Topless is not allowed at or in any of our swimming pools."

So, according to to this "topless" is not allowed on the main beach at CSS.
    Linda

Hi Coloradojuli;

I see from your signature that you were at CTI last week not CSS. I think I read that at CTI topless is not allowed on the main beach but rather at the end of the pier. I could be wrong.

Coloradojuli;

I just realized you may have been there for a trading places day. If so then I guess we'll have to wait for Randymon to weigh in.

Wish I'd been at either one recently

Mikencarmenn ~ We ended up changing resorts, so we were at both CTI & CSS. I just need to update my signature.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I'm still very unclear as to where at CSS topless is allowed? I plan to be on the main beach topless in the next few weeks so I guess I could answer it first hand. We plan to spend most of our time on SSB but have friends coming with us who might not participate in the AN experience and we'll want to spend some time with them. I have to be at least topless to be on a beach as I imagine the our friends will be. - just who I am and the way it is while in JA!

Ya MOn! It's all goood!
    ... it keepsh me shane

Julie, How did you enjoy your stay at CSS? Sorry you & Scott decided to switch, we enjoyed your company at CTI. Glad Couples let you be where you wanted to beThough, What a great resort.