Default What's the weather like in December in Jamaica?

We may have to switch our spring 2010 trip and are thinking of December 2010. Is the weather nice in December? Is it rainy season?

Also are the resorts generally quieter? We're thinking the first week or so of December

thanks!

We were there last year in early December, and leave again in a few days. The weather was great. We stayed at CSS, and we only had rain one morning, which for us was the day we were heading to Dunns River to climb the falls, so we didn't care if it rained. It is a warm rain (at least to me, but then when you live in central WI any rain in the tropics is warm compared to ours). NO WORRY MON.
    Linda

Default December weather...

We have been to Negril every December for the last seven years. It's a great time to be there. It is a little more windy but other than that it's about the same as any other time of the year. Maybe also just a little cooler, but not much. I think our favorite time is early spring though. We'll also be there in six days for a week, can't wait. You'll be fine, have fun!

Later............Joe D.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It's pretty nice. We've gone the first week of December and the second week of December, and the weather was great (low to mid 80s during the day), the water was great, and it felt less humid. Both trips it only rained about 30 minutes on one of the days (and even that, that was just sprinkles). I'm not sure if this is normal, but that's been our experience. The resort seemed as full as at other times of the year.

we always go around the first week of december. the weather is always great. the resort is usually pretty full. this will be our 6th trip, we leave thursday. never anything but wonderful every time.

about 60 degrees warmer, january is always nice in ja

We were in Cancun once in january and the pools were cold.

Average Monthly High and Low Temperatures

Average Monthly Rainfall
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

I have been to Jamaica 3 times in December. I think the weather is lovely! If it rains, it may be a quick afternoon shower lasting less than an hour. Most days I remember it didn't rain at all AND it is a warm rain. People still play in the pool sometimes! I have never been to the Negril side so I am speaking of Ocho Rios!

We are heading to CN for our third Christmas. Each time, weather has been perfect. Low 80s for temp, water wonderful. I don't recall any rain at all, altho maybe once for a few minutes. You're out of hurricane season and don't have what can be excessive heat during the summer. Perfecto!

We are at CSA right now and let me tell you, it's hot and more hot. We've never experienced this much humidity when we've been on the north side of the island. It's rained in the evening and one quick shower in the afternoon but other than that it's been beautiful. The ocean is very calm and very warm as well.

That is great to hear as we will be there in 24 days

10 days to go and we will be back at CSA... and this time for 12 days... Yeah!!!!!!!!!!Let the sun shine!

we use to go to CN in March, but due to the cheaper rates, we have been going in Dec. We absolutely love it in Dec. The weather is not as humid as in the spring, and I am assuming the summer. Temps are great, swim in the ocean all day; sit on the beach, go to the pool bar. Evenings are even nicer. I am a warm person, so I still wear capris and short sleeve shorts in the evening, but am very comfortable. I think you will love it in Dec.

Hi
    We will sample the weather for you as we arrive at CN on Monday.
    My personal forecast is a fantastic time, plenty of drinks / diving everyday and putting on around 8 pounds in weight.
    Ian and Vanda

Nick and I will be there on Tuesday (CN). Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming of Jamaica 2010 View Post
    We may have to switch our spring 2010 trip and are thinking of December 2010. Is the weather nice in December? Is it rainy season?

Also are the resorts generally quieter? We're thinking the first week or so of December

thanks!
    ....We just got back. Gorgeous weather. From what I was told, the weather is pretty much the same year round.

Izzy and I will be there at noon-ish on Sunday! Can't wait to leave the cold temps (20's) and dusting of snow on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian and Vanda View Post
    Hi
    We will sample the weather for you as we arrive at CN on Monday.
    My personal forecast is a fantastic time, plenty of drinks / diving everyday and putting on around 8 pounds in weight.
    Ian and Vanda
    ....You have the right attitude. Have fun!!

n127_1297.jpg (48.9 KB)
    Attached Images Attached Images