Thread: Ting

Hybrid View

Default Ting

My husband and I are going to be at CSA in 10 days. I am looking to buy Ting for some Christmas presents. Where can I buy Ting to take home? Thanks

We buy Ting at a place called Global Foods in our home town. You may want to check around your own city.

Depending on what part of the States you live in (assuming you live in the states) you may be able to find it here. We resupply weekly at Kroger.

Beyond that, take a cab to a local grocery store.

Quote Originally Posted by KrisJamie View Post
    Depending on what part of the States you live in (assuming you live in the states) you may be able to find it here. We resupply weekly at Kroger.

Beyond that, take a cab to a local grocery store.
    I am from Ohio and we have Kroger, but I have never seen it in the stores. I will just have to drink a lot while we are there.

Quote Originally Posted by kwaters View Post
    I am from Ohio and we have Kroger, but I have never seen it in the stores. I will just have to drink a lot while we are there.
    Check the International aisle. There is usually a small Jamaican section, based on our experiences in the stores down here.

There's an importer here in South Florida that supplies Ting to various restaurants. They also sell on the web to anyone. Google Ting.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Do I really have to pay those high rates to get some ting? I haven't found any local stores that sell it yet.

Just an FYI, though, the Ting in the US is totally different than the Ting in JA. The Ting in JA has real Grapefruit juice and real sugar. The stuff here is mostly artificial flavor and HFCS. (High Fructose Corn Syrup.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vee View Post
    Just an FYI, though, the Ting in the US is totally different than the Ting in JA. The Ting in JA has real Grapefruit juice and real sugar. The stuff here is mostly artificial flavor and HFCS. (High Fructose Corn Syrup.)
    This discrepancy is masked by proper application of Overproof rum and ice.

What is this ting called Ting?

Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJen View Post
    The best mixer ever for vodka or gin

Quote Originally Posted by JumpinJen View Post
    jen order up 2-3 ting and absolute go back to your room walk out on your balcony get nekkid throw your stuff over ther rail and start to feel what livin is all about !! lol....
    ting and vodka is very refreshing try one or 6 depending on your mood

We can buy Ting in St. Louis, but we were unable to find it at CSS when we were there last December. We'll be returning on Dec. 19th & we're hoping to have better luck this year. I believe I've seen some posts from people who found Ting at specific CSS bars. Can anyone verify this?

Quote Originally Posted by Daire View Post
    We can buy Ting in St. Louis, but we were unable to find it at CSS when we were there last December. We'll be returning on Dec. 19th & we're hoping to have better luck this year. I believe I've seen some posts from people who found Ting at specific CSS bars. Can anyone verify this?
    We had it in our room at CSS a couple of weeks ago, but asked for it at a couple of the bars (Balloon and Beach), and they did not have it there. One bartender did make us his version of a homemade Ting though, and it was awesome!

Every "ting" is good mon.

I wish they had it in the midwest.

Life is good!

Dang, the US ting isn't full of grapefruit juice??? Boo Hiss! I don't want it then. I drink San Pellagrino juice/soda, it comes in lemon and orange.. and has 10% juice.. closest thing I've found... it's pricey though.. $5/6 pack at the grocery, cheaper at Sam's club/Cosco.

Ting is on tap at the patio grille at CTI.. and I know they had bottles of it at the bar on Tower Island... so good!

Quote Originally Posted by Barren View Post
    Dang, the US ting isn't full of grapefruit juice??? Boo Hiss! I don't want it then. I drink San Pellagrino juice/soda, it comes in lemon and orange.. and has 10% juice.. closest thing I've found... it's pricey though.. $5/6 pack at the grocery, cheaper at Sam's club/Cosco.

Ting is on tap at the patio grille at CTI.. and I know they had bottles of it at the bar on Tower Island... so good!
    I don't where this rumor started, but the Ting we get here in South Florida is imported directly from Jamaica and, according to the distributor, who I just called, all the Ting in the US comes from Jamaica.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

Definitely no Ting at CSS, other than in the minibars in the rooms. It's "on tap" in the soda machines at CSA, I remember that for sure, but we were sad not to see in the soda fountains at CSS.

Does CSA serve Diet Ting?

If you can't find Ting, Squirt comes fairly close. BUT the OP wanted to know about bringing some back. If you buy it before your departure, you will have to pack it in your checked luggage. You may find it in a store at the airport after security. However, if you have a change a layover and change of flight coming home, you will have to pack it in your luggage once you claim it before going through immigrations.
    Vicky

Kwaters, the closest spot to Couples Negril to buy Ting will be (almost) across the street from the resort....walk 3-5 minutes up the road to the Petcom gas station (next to the craft market and airstrip)....you can buy it in plastic bottles...may be better to pack in the suitcases than glass bottles. A bottle will cost anywhere from J$60-J$80....less than a dollar per bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by Road Gypsy View Post
    Kwaters, the closest spot to Couples Negril to buy Ting will be (almost) across the street from the resort....walk 3-5 minutes up the road to the Petcom gas station (next to the craft market and airstrip)....you can buy it in plastic bottles...may be better to pack in the suitcases than glass bottles. A bottle will cost anywhere from J$60-J$80....less than a dollar per bottle.
    Thank you so much. I will have to check it out.

Tingsoda.com is the Florida distributer and it does have the real sugar and grapefruit juice...they sell both the glass and plastic bottles. You can also get a case delivered automatically once a month...not bad!

For those in the UK Lilt is a reasonable approximation to Ting - just make sure to avoid the diet version...