Default CSS room selection question

Hello everyone,
    My girlfriend and I will be visiting CSS in January for 5 nights and I am torn as to which room to pick. In your experience, would the one bedroom Ocean Suite or Beachfront Suite be a better option? We don't mind stairs in the least bit and would prefer to be on the cliffs if possible because I have read better sunset views can be seen. If anyone could give us some pointers or recommendations on what type of room is better??
    Thanks so much,
    Mike and Summer

One bedroon ocean view all the way and request building E. We just stayed in room E-8 last week and it was our favorite Couples room yet!
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

Mike and Summer,

If you don't mind climbing stairs and would want to be up on the cliffs then the one bedroom Ocean Suite would be your only option. The Beachfront Suite, as the name implies, is down on the beach. We have stayed in the one bedroom Ocean Suite in G Block (room G5) twice and loved it! Here are some pictures from our stay in 2008 http://www.flickr.com/photos/ecsimso...7608740935393/ and 2009 http://www.flickr.com/photos/ecsimso...7621684193991/. We are going back in 2010 but are going to try the Beachfront Suite. We've heard that the difference is that the Beachfront Suite has a larger room but smaller balcony while a one bedroom Ocean Suite is a smaller suite but has a larger balcony. Hope this helps and enjoy your visit!

Bart & Bug

Mike & Summer,

We were at CSS in 08 and had a 1 bdrm Oceanview w/balcony in G block, we loved the suite, it is a true suite, with a seperate Living area, and bedroom area. Most of the suites have huge balconies with a table and chairs and either a double chaise or two chaise lounge chairs. We spent alot of time out there, even fell asleep one night to the sound of the tree frogs. We travelled that year with 4 other couples, we toured a Verandah room, and Beachfront w/jacuzzi as well as other rooms like ours which were all a bit different.

The location of the Beachfront rooms is great as far as limiting stairs, and central location, the suites are smaller than the 1 bdrm w/balcony. the balconies are normal sized balconies, with just a table and chairs. Beachfront is not what we consider beachfront, you are simply beach level, but you do not step out to the beach.

We are returning to CSS in 10 we went back and forth KNOWING what the rooms looked like. I thought we may like being on the main level, until I really thought about it, and my husband was pretty adament about sticking with the cliffs and the 1 bdrm oceanview w/balcony, he did not want to give up the balcony, and said we experience more of the resort by being up in the cliffs. We stopped at the Balloon Bar each evening for a nightcap with our favorite bartenders, stopped at the internet cafe to ck email, and up to G block to bed.

3 couples we are travelling with that will be experiencing CSS for the first time all chose Beachfront, we chose to be back in the 1 Bdrm Oceanview w/balcony, for the views, for the size of the rooms, for the size of the balcony. The stairs, well, at times your calves will burn, and at times after eating and drinking alot, you are glad to have a chance to burn some of it off.

You will love CSS, it is so romantic, and well just wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We stayed in room G13, a one bedroom ocean suite, a couple of weeks ago. It was perfect! Large bedroom, bathroom, living room, and, balcony with a beautiful view! I would always choose this room type!

Quote Originally Posted by Bart and Bug View Post
    Mike and Summer,

If you don't mind climbing stairs and would want to be up on the cliffs then the one bedroom Ocean Suite would be your only option. The Beachfront Suite, as the name implies, is down on the beach. We have stayed in the one bedroom Ocean Suite in G Block (room G5) twice and loved it! Here are some pictures from our stay in 2008 http://www.flickr.com/photos/ecsimso...7608740935393/ and 2009 http://www.flickr.com/photos/ecsimso...7621684193991/. We are going back in 2010 but are going to try the Beachfront Suite. We've heard that the difference is that the Beachfront Suite has a larger room but smaller balcony while a one bedroom Ocean Suite is a smaller suite but has a larger balcony. Hope this helps and enjoy your visit!

Bart & Bug
    Bart & Bug,

The Beachfront Suites are actually much smaller than the 1 bdrm Ocean Suties w/balcony, and yes the balconies are much smaller, the Beachfronts are popular because of their central location and jacuzzi's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mzambo View Post
    Bart & Bug,

The Beachfront Suites are actually much smaller than the 1 bdrm Ocean Suties w/balcony, and yes the balconies are much smaller, the Beachfronts are popular because of their central location and jacuzzi's.
    Mzambo,

Thanks for the correction. We haven't checked out the Beachfront Suites but decided to try it in April. The only draw for us was the jacuzzi. Most likely will do the Ocean Suite again next time. Just can't beat the view from the balcony!

Bart & Bug

Mzambo,

Thanks for the correction. We haven't checked out the Beachfront Suites but decided to try it in April. The only draw for us was the jacuzzi. Most likely will do the Ocean Suite again next time. Just can't beat the view from the balcony!

Bart & Bug
    Not to take anything away from the Beachfronts, they are very nice, and the location is supreme, even after seeing 3 of the room types, and knowing exactly what they looked like, we debated back and forth totally torn...... We did decide to stick with our big balcony. My husband who goes with the flow and never says much piped up quickly on that one, and said "I do not want to give up the balcony, we used it too much, the stairs were not an issue". So every now and then I have to let him win... lol

Mike and Summer,

Bart & Bug
    You heard WRONG the beachfront suite has MUCH smaller rooms as well as balconies the only advantage to a beach front suite at CSS is the location to avoid the steps up the cliff and the big jacuzzi tub neither which we care at all about because the HUGE rooms and balconies of the one bedroom ocean suite are far superior to us but that's just our opinion.

Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

We stayed in F5 which is a beachfront verandah suite. Great room in the cliff close to the balloon bar, cassanova, lobby and spa. Loved it