Default Any incentives for booking a return trip while still at a Couples Resorts

I am not sure if this has ever been brought up, but many cruise lines and resorts give a great deal if you rebook with them while atill at their resort or on their cruise. I was just wondering if Couples ever thought of doing this. I just went to CSA for the first time in November and loved it. We will definetely return, however we keep looking at prices and prices are $1500 more than what we paid. So we are waiting. If Couples offered an incentive before we left we would already be booked on our next trip. Just a thought. Just wondering if this was ever brought up.

Actually there was some discussion about this some time back, but nothing was ever resolved...maybe this will renew it.
    Kristen

You can book now for up to 50% off in November 2010.

50% is pretty standard, its like my local jeweler, its always 50% off....... so the real market price is the 50% off price, IMHO

No, as of right now, there aren't any additional incentives for booking a return trip while you're still at Couples. The 50% deal is available for anyone to book, whether you're at the resort or not.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Depends on when you book and what time you go. Spring is typically the most expensive (other than, perhaps Christmas thru New Year's). Summer and fall is typically discounted. If you book early, you can get pretty good prices.

We tried to book a return trip while we were staying at CSA, and were told we'd still have to go through the 1 800 COUPLES routine. Didn't seem to make sense, but that's what we did.
    nobody's favorite poster

Right. The 50% off is the standard price. I think offering a discount while still there would have a lot of people booking while there. Not that they don't have a lot of people booking anyway. But you are having such a great time while you are there, that if there is an incentive to book while there, you are just going to book. So many places offer it. And the Jan 2011 prices are $1000-1500 more than we paid in Nov 2009. We do want to go back and we will but if they offered an incentive before we left we would have already been booked. We love Couples and we are hooked too. I just think a little incentive while stll at the resort would be nice.

Very Interesting. So 50% off is now the standard price? Hmm. I think we will raise rates by 10% so we can offer a 10% discount if you book your next trip before you leave the resort. (Tongue-in-cheek).

Right now, including the "standard" 50% off, our rates are as low as $298 per room per night. That's ALOT less than what a nice hotel in many major cities charge JUST for the room. No food, no drinks, no excursions, no, no, no...

We are not say no to the idea, but there is a limit to how low we can go before we start lowering the standard of the product.

Couples Resorts

Randymon......I would definitely hate to see the standards lowered just for price (I Know....kill me people when I say this) but the high standards for Couples is what sets them apart from anyone else too. It is a lot of money, but you are right that it is equal to just a room in a lot of places. And though it is hard to come up with the money....it is CERTAINLY worth every dime when you get there....IMO. Been back two weeks now and can't wait to come home again!

An incentive to book while at the resort would be great. We'd love to know when we are coming back again before we leave. Would help with the "post vacation blues". I'd also be happy to use my $100 romance rewards cheque towards the deposit on my next trip. Save Couples the trouble of writting the cheque and mailing it to me.
    Karon

Just knowing I'm "going home" in one year is incentive for me. I like the ide of making the reward check the deposit on next year's vacation.

I agree Karon and Mrs2cool....just put it down as the love-away-plan, and set your dates!!!
    Kristen

Here's an idea - for those who go every year. If you book next year's vacation before you leave the resort this year, you get "this year's rate" and you can use your $100 reward as the deposit.

Quote Originally Posted by randymon View Post
    Very Interesting. So 50% off is now the standard price? Hmm. I think we will raise rates by 10% so we can offer a 10% discount if you book your next trip before you leave the resort. (Tongue-in-cheek).

Right now, including the "standard" 50% off, our rates are as low as $298 per room per night. That's ALOT less than what a nice hotel in many major cities charge JUST for the room. No food, no drinks, no excursions, no, no, no...

We are not say no to the idea, but there is a limit to how low we can go before we start lowering the standard of the product.
    I am just taking notice of what another member wrote, and since I have been looking at Couples for almost 2 years, the rates always say 50% off. That was the only reason that comment was made. I by no means would want quality let go for price. I was just making a comment that a lot of great places like yourself give a little discount if you book while you are still there. Maybe Couples can't do this or doesn't have to do this. No harm was meant. Just a thought.

Randymon - I can't speak to the marketing/pricing aspects of your business but must admit a large percentage of departing guests are in a state of mind that could easily lead to committing to a return trip; whatever the incentive might be. In fact, many have wanted to extend their stay on the spot (remember that couple at CSA a few years ago that extended for a week at risk of losing employment, which they both did, but they deemed it worth it?).

Segue to your thread (Volunteering to record your phone message) which had a twist on Carl Kasell's voice on one's home answering machine ala "Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me!". Perhaps instead you could offer "Wait Wait... Don't Tell My Boss!", where we extend our stay and you call my boss and deliver the news that ......

Please do not lower the standards so that a lower place will be had. This is the reason why people keep returning. The high standards that Couples in known for can rarely be matched by another resort. I can only speak for myself, but I am willing to pay for these high standards. If a deal is what you want, there are many "deals" offered by a lot of other resort chains.