Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What's your favorite room at CSA?

We're looking at this resort and having trouble choosing a room.

What's your favorite room and why? Do you have any pics you can post and remember your room number?

We'd like an ocean view if possible but not necessary

Thanks for your help! That hardest part is picking which Couples to book and the room!

Sorry, not going to go there... you might take ours away!

Seriously, its just not possible for Couples to grant room requests at reservation. People check in and out every day, so granting requests ahead of time is simply not possible from a logistical standpoint.

I can, however, tell you that our favorite room classification is the Atrium Suite.

Hope that helps...
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Definitely Atrium! We were in 2130.

the ocean veranda suite that we receive when we check in. actually any room and being there...lol

Randy

We have only stayed in one type of room at CSA - the Ocean Verandah and loved it! The location was perfect and we loved having a first floor patio. We were in room 4109 on the corner.
    Last edited by Amy; November 7th, 2009 at 10:06 AM.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

We absolutely ADORE the Beachfront Suites (original section...) Gorgeous. Right on the water, beautiful views. Minibar.

That being said, however, we are staying in an atrium on our next trip, and staying one extra night.

We have only stayed in the Beachfront Verandah suite. We have travelled a lot, and no other resort that I've found in the Caribbean has a room right on the beach like the BFVS (at a reasonable price). The room is not fancy - no marble and brass. It is very comfortable, though, and we love the built-in couch and the comfy chair on the large verandah. If you absolutely must have splashier digs, you might want to consider the Greathouse Jacuzzi suites. But they're set back from the beach, but they do have a spectacular ocean view.

My favorite is the one I am staying in at the time! Haven't been in a room I did not like.

All I can tell you is this...

Most of the first timers want something beachfront. Of these the Beachfront Verandahs are the best. I did this and do not regret it in the LEAST.

Most repeaters want the Atriums... Why? They are an incredible bang for the buck! That's why!

We too have switched from Beachfront to Atrium and use the difference to stay an extra night. We found we don't really miss the mini bar and still have the ambience of the old section.

Vee, Sue and I are taking a short trip in October and staying in a Beachfront Suite. our first time in the original section!!!

Randy

Amy -- isn't 4109 a beachfront verandah? I though the first number was your section, the second your floor, and the third your room number.
    CSA Junkie! Next trip -- November 28th!

I just got back from CSA on the 25th of Aug. My first time there...so far From the moment I checked the room descriptions I knew I wanted an Atrium so that's what I booked. When we got there they tried to upgrade us to the beachfront. We got in the room and I said "nope, take me back to the Atrium please" and without a moments hesitation they had us in an Atrium. It was P.E.R.F.E.C.T.! Large patio, hammock, couch, ceiling fan inside and out, large room, large closet - it was exactly the type of room I want when I'm some place tropical.

I was in room 2124 and had an ocean view. It wasn't beachfront type view but I could see the beach and the ocean and it was a few short steps away which was actually better considering the main walkway along the beach is pretty busy with foot traffic--for mid-day naps, hanging on the porch reading, or whatever

Here are my pix: http://tinypic.com/a/19if6/3

I have a video of the room and of the view that I haven't uploaded but if you want to see them let me know and I'll email them to you
    http://tinypic.com/a/19if6/3 - pix from CSA 8/18-8/25

We just got back from CSA August 4th and we stayed in 4109. It was a beachfront verandah suite. It was wonderful, just steps away from the ocean.

mandith...we were there 8/21 thru 8/26 and were in room 2130
    Love the pics. Our room was exactly like that, except no hammock, which I was looking forward to, but made due w/ the lounge chair we had
    We had a great view from our steps out to the beach...you could see the beach, as well...great location!
    We also had a mini bar, did y'all?

We have only been once - stayed in Ocean Veranda Suite and loved it! Returning April 2010 and booked the same room type! We were on 3rd floor and had a great ocean view.

We stayed in 1226 in the Beachfront Suite (older section)and we were convinced we had the best room in the whole resort.

Planning to go to CSA in February...Can't decide on a Garden Verandah Suite or Great House Verandah Suite? One information site says the Garden verandah suites are noisy and also the Great House Verandah Suites. Any suggestions???? And is the Great House Jacuzzi the same as the Great House Verandah Suite?

Default CSA rooms

We stayed in an Atrium room in July (room 1122). We enjoyed being on the first floor; breakfast on the terrace in the morning was peaceful! We were quite close to the beach but still had lots of foliage around so we had tons of privacy. We really loved the atmosphere of the Atrium rooms! Here are a few pictures of the view from our room.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnie Laine View Post
    Planning to go to CSA in February...Can't decide on a Garden Verandah Suite or Great House Verandah Suite? One information site says the Garden verandah suites are noisy and also the Great House Verandah Suites. Any suggestions???? And is the Great House Jacuzzi the same as the Great House Verandah Suite?
    Did you get an answer to this question? I'm staying in a Great House Verandah Suite and would be interested. I am super psyched, but slightly sad that it appears I will be forgoing the hammock in lue of a mini bar and tv. Oh Well.

Our favorite room is 3121 a Beachfront Verandah Suite.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Quote Originally Posted by wileeandrr View Post
    mandith...we were there 8/21 thru 8/26 and were in room 2130
    Love the pics. Our room was exactly like that, except no hammock, which I was looking forward to, but made due w/ the lounge chair we had
    We had a great view from our steps out to the beach...you could see the beach, as well...great location!
    We also had a mini bar, did y'all?
    Sorry I'm late getting back to this - I've been very busy and also trying to avoid this MB...makes me want to go back to CSA too much

The Atrium rooms don't have a mini bar. I think you probably had a beachfront room-regardless, we were neighbors and didn't even know it

The hammock was icing on the cake for our trip. My bf napped in it EVERY day. It was so cute. He just needed a little wind-up thingy to make it swing gently the whole time...just a like a baby lol! I always woke him up if I tried to swing it and I got banned from the hammock space when he was sleeping by day 2
    http://tinypic.com/a/19if6/3 - pix from CSA 8/18-8/25

Most folks agree that you can't go wrong with your room choice. The place is just so beautiful. Having said that ... we have stayed in the Beach Front Suites (older section) for the past five times. However, this January, we will be in the Atrium rooms. Why?

The paved path along the beach is pretty much the 'main highway' from one side of the property to the other. As we've gotten a little older and go to bed a little earlier, we find that people will walk along the path laughing and speaking a little louder than we would like. Additionally, the past few times there, we could hear the beat of music from a bar down the beach going past midnight. We are not old fogies ... but our priorities have changed a bit. By being in the center of the property, we are hoping for a little more quiet ... and as we are not 'drinkers', the mini bar will not be missed. Plus, we will save a few bucks on the cost.

Are there "any" BFVS that are bad? We booked one and will take what they give us, if they are all good. Any pictures with rooms numbers are welcomed. This will be our first trip to CSA, and the sunset pictures I've seen are beautiful.......cannot wait to be taking one ourselves!

You will think I am a nerd (well I am), but my favorite was the third floor GHVS. Why? Because it had wired ethernet access. I just plugged my laptop in and I was good to go. Was able to email pics back to the kids, and chat online with them from my own room rather than going to the computer room twice a day.

I would pay extra for ethernet access in other rooms on the resort, I just wish I could book it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast