Hybrid View

Default Top down posting - a suggestion for the new board

Most of the message boards I belong to function as this one does with the newest messages at the bottom. However, there are a few that I visit where the newest message is on top. For those of us who follow a large thread, I believe it's easier to read top down rather than having to scroll all the way to the bottom to find the newest post.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

You have the ability to change the message view order in your Edit Options
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

Quote Originally Posted by fawnridge View Post
    Most of the message boards I belong to function as this one does with the newest messages at the bottom. However, there are a few that I visit where the newest message is on top. For those of us who follow a large thread, I believe it's easier to read top down rather than having to scroll all the way to the bottom to find the newest post.
    You can changes this yourself. Go to Edit Options in your User Control Panel and look for the Thread Display Mode. You can change the drop down to "Linear - Newest First".
    Jeff (Mandynjeff)

View Our CSS Photos
    Admin - Couples Resorts Photos - flickr group
    Admin - facebook/CouplesResortsJamaica

CSS: 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013

Default Hope This Helps

If you prefer to switch the order of the postings to list the newest first you can:

1. Click the "User PC" link at the top left of the page to access your "User Control Panel".

2. After opening the "User Control Panel", from the menu selections on the left hand side, select "Edit Options" from the third set of choices titled "Settings and Options".

3. After opening the "Edit Options", locate the third panel down from the top called "Thread Display Options". There you will see a "Thread Display Mode" drop down menu which has a default setting of "Linear - Oldest First". Click the arrow to expand the drop down menu where you can select "Linear - Newest First" (among other options).

4. IMPORTANT...Lastly, scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click on the "Save Changes" button.

5. You will then be returned to the first page of the "User Control Panel".

5. All done. When you return to reading messages on the board, the order of the posts will show the newest posts first.

6. You can return to the first screen of the message bord by clicking on the "Couples Resort Message Board" link at the upper left hand corner of the page.
    Happy & Safe Travels!

=

Actually, you don't even have to go to options. Just click the arrow by "Last Post" and it will reverse the sort order.

Thanks everyone. I just set the option. Man, this thing's got more controls than a fighter jet.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)