Default After 7 years of marriage, I finally get my honeymoon!

We were engaged Christmas of '94. Broke up in the fall of '95. I had purchased the dress, booked the JP etc., just couldn't go through with the wedding. I was young and didn't know what I wanted or needed. I ended up in Austin, TX and he went to Boise, ID. We remained friends and in the summer of 2002 I purchased a house. I told him I needed someone to install some ceiling fans (wired from scratch) and he said he would come and do it. While he was visiting, he noticed that the Austin City Limits music festival was taking place that Sept. He came back for it and as I sat with him listening to some great music under the stars, I knew we were meant to be together. He said if we were to get married, I would have to ask him. So, that Christmas, we were both going back to our home town and decided to meet up in the Minneapolis airport. I Fed-ex'd him a wedding ring with a letter asking me to marry him and that he should give me an answer at the airport. He said yes and we were married March 8th, 2003. In the same wedding dress and by the same JP we had originally booked. Since DH moved down to Austin the day before we left for our hometown to get married, we had to get right back so he could start his new job. We never had a honeymoon.
    Two kids and a move to Canada later we decided it was time. I asked around regarding where we should go. A friend of mine suggested CSA. I didn't want to go with the first place I looked at, but after many hours of research, I kept coming back to CSA. The more I read about it, the more I know I made the right choice. We are booked to arrive Jan 22nd for a week. I will be counting down the days!

Awesome!

Shed9

You have absolutely made the right choice. You have chosen Couples. A name that has stood for the finest in All inclusive vacations for a very long time. Amazing service due to amazing staff. Delicious food, drinks, atmosphere, ambiance, peaceful and relaxing. No. I do not work for Couples , I just play at one.
    It is more than super that the two of you have come full circle. I'm pleased that you were able to get back together and finally marry. Like a real life fairy tale.
    Welcome to the Couples family. We've been waiting for you.

Richie

What a remarkable story. Congratulations. When something is meant to be it will happen no matter what! You will love CSA. We discovered in a few years ago and are headed "home" for trip number 3 in February. Have a wonderful honeymoon! We finally had our honeymoon after 25 years of marriage. Our daughter was born before we were married and we just couldn't swing a trip once we had kids and were busy with them so we had our first trip alone 25 years later. Went to Vegas and when we were checking into the hotel the desk clerk asked if we were celebrating something special--I told her yes, our honeymoon, just 25 years late and we actually got a room upgrade!

What a fantastic story!
    You will not be disappointed.
    ... it keepsh me shane

Great story! CSA is well worth the wait. Enjoy!

Swept Away will be perfect. enjoy your "us" time there.

Randy

Thanks, everyone! I was at a party last night and was telling some friends about Couples. We all agreed it must be a pretty special place. Not only is it adults only, it's for couples. In this age of divorce, I think it is so important to work hard on your marriage. Which is what we've told the kids when they asked why they can't come. LOL! Happy mommy and daddy = a happy family! We can go to Disneyland on our next vacation.

Congratulations, you will love CSA.
    nobody's favorite poster

what a wonderful story. You deserve every minute of your time together at CSA.

Loved your story!! I hope your time at CSA is everything you want it to be!!
    Kristen