Thread: Prayers needed.

Default Prayers needed.

During this time of thanks, I need some extra prayers said. My brother has been battling Lung Cancer since August. He has been taking Chemotherapy since then. However, I just got an e-mail from my sister-in-law telling us he is in ICU. His lungs are not working properly and his CO2 level is way up. They currently have him on a resperator, but his CO2 levels are still really high. Please, during this time of Thanks and the holidays, add him and his family to your prayers.
    Linda

Will do... what is his name?

You are deeply in my prayers...there are a great many people on this website who don't just cheer people on because they are going to a Couples. Please stay strong

Lindad, We will Be praying for your brother and your entire family! Keep us posted,and know God is in control.

I saw this thread and it stuck in my mind. I have seen both sides as an ICU nurse, I know how hard it can be to see a loved on a ventilator. My sister lost her battle with ovarian cancer, but I send best wishes for his recovery. I'm sure he's a fighter and shall overcome the high co2, hold fast and be strong, his family (and you) needs that at this time.

Sending positive energy your way!

Just know that prayers have been said. Cancer has surely affected almost everyone and all I can say is keep as positive as possible.

My father was recently diagnosed and a positive attitude and strength and support from his family keeps him fighting.

God bless your brother and I pray things work out for your family.

Sincerely,
    Tony

We will definitely add him and his family to our prayers. Please keep us posted.
    Kristen

Thoughts and prayers to You and Your Family

Lindad...Peggy and I are very sorry to hear about your brother's health issue...We will keep him in our daily prayers.

I will add your brother and his family to my daily prayers.

Thanks everyone. I knew I would get some extra prayers said if I posted. That is the great people on this board. I have not talked to my sister-in-law this weekend. They live over 2 hours away, and I knew their kids would be there, and she has enough to worry about. I will keep you posted, and thanks again for the prayers and positive thoughts.
    Linda

Lindad, I pray that God will strengthen you, your family and friends. God will not take your brother before his appointed time. I pray that this is a complication that can be overcome (like pneumonia). It is in his hands. God be with you.

Absolutely...GB y'all...

Yes. We will also keep you and your brother in our prayers.

Thanks all. The weekend was a tough one. His counts kept getting worse, and it looked like some of his organs were going to shut down. So, since my hubby and I are due to leave for CSS on the 5th, we took the 3 1/2 hour drive down to see him. He had finally used the C-pap's machine without pulling it off for a while, and was doing better. They worked a system of on and off the machine, and hopefully it will help him. He wants to go home. Thanks again, and please continue the prayers.
    Linda

Thanks for the update, I will continue to pray for him!!
    Kristen

Default Final update

I want to thank all of you for your prayers. Please keep them coming for my family as my brother has made a drastic turn for the worse, and is not expected to live through the next day or two. They are just keeping a little oxygen on him to keep him comfortable and have moved him to a hospice room.

Now, the next dilema, We are due to leave for Minneapolis/St Paul to leave for our trip to Couples tomorrow evening. I am feeling really torn between taking the trip that I really need, and being here for the funeral. I guess the prayers I have said regarding that decision hopefully will be answered soon.

Thanks again to all of you.
    Linda

Linda, I am so sorry to hear that your brothers health has declined, such a sad time of the year to lose a loved one, not that any time is a good time though.
    I wish I could offer some advice for you, but I wouldn't know what to do myself. Good luck with your decision, I will keep you, your brother and your family in my prayers.
    Kristen

I'm sorry to hear your sad situation. Being an ICU nurse, and the daughter-in-law of a man who died on Christmas morning, I often tell people to think of what their loved one would want you to do. Most of the time, your family would prefer that you live your life to be the happiest you can be. If you choose to go, have a toast to your brother and watch some sunsets for him!! That is a much more life affirming way to honor him than attending a funeral.

Thank you all again. My brother passed last night. All of my family told us to go, including his wife. She said we were there this weekend and made his Sunday, so we need to go, and like suggested, have a drink for him. So, Tomorrow this time we will be on our way to CSS. Hopefully the sun and together time with my husband will help heal the loss. Thanks again to all.
    Linda

Quote Originally Posted by Lindad View Post
    Thank you all again. My brother passed last night. All of my family told us to go, including his wife. She said we were there this weekend and made his Sunday, so we need to go, and like suggested, have a drink for him. So, Tomorrow this time we will be on our way to CSS. Hopefully the sun and together time with my husband will help heal the loss. Thanks again to all.
    Our most sincere condolences to you and your family!

I'm very sorry for your loss.

So sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope your trip soothes away the pain.
    Kristen