Default The CRO Calls Ryan on the way to the church....

Ellena asked me to call her fiance today when he was on his way to the church for their wedding. Here is the letter from Ellena I just read"

"My Dearest, My Sweets, My love,

In a few short hours, we will stand before our friends and families and pledge to entwine our lives, souls and hearts in the most intricate of Gordian knots. I will become your wife and you my husband, and we will walk a shared path through life. I can’t wait to say, “I Do.” However, it’s not possible for those simple two words — really nothing more than three letters — to encompass the love I feel for you, my dedication toward our happiness or my desire to share your life for decades and decades.

Frankly, the phrase doesn’t even come close. So, when I say those words today, I want you to know everything that is behind them and everything that is in front of us.

When I say “I Do” what I am really saying is that I cherish and honor you. Your gentle smile, your deep blue eyes, the way you care for your family and look after my emotional and physical happiness — I couldn’t ask for more. You bring me so many small, happy moments. I’ll be giggling with you at 2 a.m. over crappy Anime, debating politics or shopping with you when this overwhelming sensation envelops me. It’s then I realize, “Wow, I am so incredibly, thoroughly, happy right now.” That’s truly special and not something I’ve ever experienced with anyone else.

When I say “I Do,” I mean I will cleave to you above all others. I will nurture, protect and grow our love. I will turn toward you, never away. I will remove temptation and not allow it to grow. And if some day I don’t feel the love I feel for you today (or worse I can’t remember how it feels to feel the love I have for you today) I will recommitment myself to falling in love with you all over again. I will value compromise, happiness and choosing the path best for us as a family over pride, anger and self-serving actions. I will not give up on us. Ever.

When I say “I Do,” I am committing to sharing your triumphs, achievements and joys, but also your failures, your dark moments and the challenges life will inevitably throw our way. I will act as your pillar, your support and your ballast in the storm and, yes, sometimes I will act as the firm, but gentle, hands pushing you to action. We’ve made it through some hard times already, which cements my belief in our longevity. I reject the Hollywood, romanticized version of love and romance. I know we will struggle. But I’m dedicated to struggling with you.

And when I walk down those stairs and stand before you and say, “I Do,” it is because of my life, my true inner self, was not complete until you joined me. Everything I am, every action, every success and failure in my life, has led me to this point. We’ve known each other for years, but it took time for love’s gravity to pull us together. I wouldn’t change that for anything because I needed to find out who I wanted to be so I could figure out who I wanted to be with. And it’s you; it’s always been you.

Wow. I’ve gone on for a bit, been a little sentimental and, yet, I still feel I’ve failed in my mission to fully explain my feelings to you. I’ll spend the rest of my life allowing my actions to speak for me. I’ll look for opportunities daily, both large and small, to demonstrate my love for you. I’ll caress your back, let you touch me with your toes, make you coffee in the morning, hold your hand, not kiss your hair — I could go on and on.

But, for today, I must leave it up to words. So, I’ll simply say, I do. I do. I do.

Love,

Ellena

P.S. Have I told you how much I can’t wait to go to Jamaica? Fun, sun and rum, baby! Can we promise to return for our 25th anniversary or do you want to wait for 35 years? Or even longer? Wait, that’s crazy talk. Let’s go next year too!"

Congratulations, Ryan and Ellena. We are honored that you have chosen Couples Resorts to start your new life together.

Couples Resorts

Randy,

Thank you, thank you and thank you. Ryan whispered how much it meant to hear the letter even as we were standing at the alter. He said it was strange to hear my words with a man's voice, but it still made him cry. It was such a wonderful moment. Everyone who I tell about it just can't believe Couples offers this service.

We just returned this week. I am a busy vactioneer, usually scheduling activity after activity. I didn't believe the people who said I should be prepared for sand gravity, but that is just what happened. We arrived at Couples and couldn't stand the thought of leaving. I'll be giving back to the board with a detailed review soon, but I just wanted to say thanks for being a part of the many memories we will cherish forever.

It was my pleasure Pixel. I was honored to read your letter at the start of your new life together. We can't wait to welcome you home again on your one year anniversary.

Couples Resorts