Default Zip lining at CSS

My husband are going to be at CSS Jan 2-9 and we are so excited. We would love to go zip linning and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on who to go through?

the resort can help you make these arrangements. We used the company suggested by CTI and had an absolute blast!!!!

Default Zip lining at CSS

We just returned from CSS on 11/28. While we were there, we went on the Chukka Canopy Tour for zip lining. It was about 30 minutes from CSS and was a complete blast! I would definitely recommend it.

We booked our zipline tour at the tour desk in the lobby and went through Chukka. It was a great time! They offer 2 trips a day, one in the morning and one later in the afternoon. Have fun!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Mendy View Post
    We just returned from CSS on 11/28. While we were there, we went on the Chukka Canopy Tour for zip lining. It was about 30 minutes from CSS and was a complete blast! I would definitely recommend it.
    Ooooh, I can't wait. This is THE non-freebie activity we're planning on doing during our stay at CTI. So if it's 30 minutes from CSS, is it longer or shorter from CTI - anyone know? Not that it matters, we're pretty much gonna do it regardless of how long it takes, but I'm curious nonetheless.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron & Rosa 25 View Post
    Ooooh, I can't wait. This is THE non-freebie activity we're planning on doing during our stay at CTI. So if it's 30 minutes from CSS, is it longer or shorter from CTI - anyone know? Not that it matters, we're pretty much gonna do it regardless of how long it takes, but I'm curious nonetheless.
    Chukka Cove is West of Ocho Rios, so I think it would be just a tad longer from CTI than CSS.

Be carefull. There are two canopy tours arranged by the Couples Tour Desk. One has only one line. The other is the Chukka and it has 8 lines for 8 times the ride. We did the Chukka one and I highly recomend it!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

how much is it and how long does it last? Do you get to spend time up at the top maybe to eat at the restaurant, etc? thanks!

Chukka was $110 per person through the Couples Tour Desk. It was 8 different zip lines. They take you in a bus high up in the mountains. You get off the bus at a little pavillion, where they fit you into your safety harness and helmet, and then they give you a demonstration and safety briefing. After the safety briefing, you walk down hill towards the first zip line, about 10 minutes. After the first line, you work your way down the mountain on the next 7 lines. At the end, you walk about ten minutes out of the forest. On the way, you see a beautiful, running river and some beautiful gardens and plant life. You get back on the bus and are taken back to Chukka Cove for a drink and purchasing pictures taken of you during the zip lining, if you choose. After a few minutes, they take you back the resort.

You may be thinking of Mystic Mountain, as far as the restaurant on the mountain. Chukka does not have one.

Interesting! The Chukka Canopy Tour (Zip Line) only cost us $85 per person from CSS in March 2009! Big increase.

Brain_Mendy - When did you go?
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Be carefull. There are two canopy tours arranged by the Couples Tour Desk. One has only one line. The other is the Chukka and it has 8 lines for 8 times the ride. We did the Chukka one and I highly recomend it!
    Done my due diligence and already know Chukka is the only company operating 8 lines, so that's been in our plans for some time now. However, it never hurts tho throw this info out there for others who may be considering this activity for the first time. Good stuff W.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Interesting! The Chukka Canopy Tour (Zip Line) only cost us $85 per person from CSS in March 2009! Big increase.

Brain_Mendy - When did you go?
    We went on November 26th, just a couple of weeks ago. I think Mystic Mountain was $85 when we priced it, but went with Chukka for $110, because of it having more zip lines.

I forgot to mention in my previous post that we spent about an hour getting down the mountain during the 8 zip lines. Overall, it was about an hour an a half driving up the mountain, going down on the zip lines, then walking out of the forest and getting back to Chukka Cove.

Chukka also uses top of the line equipment. And if you have any special concerns, one of the many guides along on the trip will stay with you and help you. Here are a couple shots from the safety discussion before you leave that show some of the equipment.

[

Default Mystic Mountain

Tried the Mystic Mountain tour in Mid November that included the sky ride, 2 bob sled rides, the zip line, and the waterslide. Its next to Dunns River Falls in Ocho Rios. You can book a tour or just take a taxi. Took about 3 hours. We all felt we got our money's worth. You could finish off with Dunns River Falls and have a pretty full day.

Just to add, we booked the Chukka when we were at CTI. The tour company picks you up, then you swing by CSS to pick anyone up there too. Then it was about 30 minutes to Chukka, then you load into another bus and drive up the mountain. It is awesome!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

Many thanks to all for your comments. There was a lot of good info in there. Since the Dunns River excursion is a freebie, we'll do that one for sure. Looks like we will also do some zip linning over at Chukka from all the great comments we read!!! Thanks again everyone!! John & Johnna(17 more days!!!!!)

http://www.chukkacaribbean.com/OchoRios/canopy.php

Thanks for the great info...if I may add purchase one online the other is 1/2.
    Appreciate everyones help

I just checked the online booking and it's $89 per person, with 1/2 off the second person if you book before 12/31/09, with use in a time window ending 3/31/10. Does anyone know if you book directly online with Chukka if that also includes the bus ride to & from hotel?

It does include the ride. The only downside to booking ahead of time is that you won't know the daily resort schedule so you could miss an activity. If that's no big deal, go for it!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    We booked our zipline tour at the tour desk in the lobby and went through Chukka. It was a great time! They offer 2 trips a day, one in the morning and one later in the afternoon. Have fun!
    I second that, I went ziplining this past spring 2009 through Chukka in Ocho Rios. They have great lines, it's beautiful and they are very safe and professional. What a thrillride!

What time does the Chukka excursion run in the morning and later in the day? Please let me know ASAP I want to book by the end of the year with this special they are running.
    Last edited by dex14; December 24th, 2009 at 10:13 AM.