Default Couples Negril Credit Card Hold??

I am booked to stay at Couples Negril starting Friday and on there website FAQ it says you have to have a credit card held for $250? Does anyone know if this is true? Thanks!

Yes it is true. They put the hold on for incidentals that you might charge to your room, photos, extra excursions, spa treatments, etc. I believe the hold is released when you check out.

This is true, and is no different then any other hotel/motel/resort you may stay at. It is only for incidentals or anything you may charge to your room (i.e. massages, gift shop, etc).

No worries......enjoy

i gave 100 cash last time there 10/08- just talk to them- we didnt spend anything all week and got it back at the end
    Dave & Beth Hay

The $250 credit card hold is simply a security deposit on the room.

Keeps you from swinging on the chandelier with joy when you get there.

If there are no room charges then there is nothing charged to your card and it is returned to you.

Davebeth-Really $100 and that was it for them to hold? I would rather do that since I just have a debit card. Last time a hotel held $200 on it and it took like a week to get back. I am not planning on using the phone or excursions or anything. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by KimAndy View Post
    Davebeth-Really $100 and that was it for them to hold? I would rather do that since I just have a debit card. Last time a hotel held $200 on it and it took like a week to get back. I am not planning on using the phone or excursions or anything. Thanks.
    They don't actually charge anything on your credit card that you have to "get back". You wouldn't even know that that there's a hold on your card for that amount unless possibly you are so close to your limit that any other charges you tried to put on your card wouldn't go through because of it. The way I see it is .............. It's just to make sure that you have room on your card so if you leave without paying or something, that they know they can get their money for charges you might have made to your room. Even if you do charge something to your room ............ say a gift shop purchase or resort photos ............. you have the choice when you check-out to pay cash or use a debit card or whatever. They don't make you put it on the credit card that you gave them at check-in. Nothing ever shows up on your credit card if you don't charge anything or pay for it some other way at the end. Every hotel/motel/B & B/etc we have ever checked into does the same thing. Nothing to worry about.

But if you don't have a credit card I don't know how it works with a debit card. I don't feel comfortable using my debit card for some things because once that money is out of your account, you're on your own to get it back. With a credit card you can always dispute the charges & the credit card company will help you out some.
    Last edited by Maxernie; July 2nd, 2009 at 03:24 PM.
    Julie

We have stayed four times at CN and never ever ever owed one penny when we left. They do not put 250 on your credit card and then take it off. They just hold your card info. It is awesome leaving the place and not having a bill to pay.