Hybrid View

Default More Prayers Needed

Hi everyone.

Everyone on this board is so supportive when someone has a family challenge, and unfortunately, now it's my turn to ask for your prayers and blessings.

My husband's (Doug) mom has been admitted to the hospital with what they think was a heart attack. She has been in a nursing home for the last year, and has been in ill health, however, the doctor informed us this morning that this is probably it.

I am asking for prayers for my mom-in-law to know peace and comfort during these last days and for Doug to know the same -- peace and comfort. Doug lost his dad earlier this year, and with it being so close to the holidays, I know this will be especially hard for him. He is also an only child, and his mom is the only family he has left. Please pray that healing comes to him soon and that his mom (Doris) has a peaceful and gentle passing.

With tears in my eyes for your prayers and thanks for all your support.

Vee

Default Prayers to you

Vee...prayers to you that your mom in law's passing is quick and gentle and that your husband finds peace knowing she is in a better place and no longer in pain. She will always be with him and nothing can change that. In my thoughts and prayers.

Our prayers are with you during this difficult time, all the way from Ontario Canada. I hope that your husband and mother in law as well as yourself find peace with the situation.

Vee...Peggy and I are very sorry to hear the news of Doug's mom..We will say prayers for her..Do give Doug a hug for us.

Default God's blessings....

to Doug and his mom. Mom will be pain free in God's hands now and what a wonderful gift for her to no longer suffer. And Doug's parents may be gone, but he still has you! We wish you peace this Christmas!

Prayers sent from Bertha & me.

Vee: I am so sorry to hear of this most unfortunate situation. I do send you and Doug all the positive reinforcement I can. My hopes for his mother are the same as I had for my mother when she was very ill. To just let go. It's enough already. For everyone.
    Many people have very strong feeling surrounding the issue of a person's right to die. It is something that everybody is going to have to deal with some time or another.
    In this case Vee, I can only hope that Doris will pass away with dignity and respect. And that you and Doug will find the strength to bear the weight of this loss.

I can say with complete confidence that with the passage of time, these losses we endure will never be forgotten, but the emptiness and loneliness we may feel now will lessen. And we are left with memories of our loved one that will go on enriching our lives.

Respect

Richie

I will keep you and your husband in my prayers, and say a special prayer for your mother-in-law.
    Kristen

Went to see Mom last night with the boys. She is such a fighter. (One tough broad -- Lord knows it caused enough problems early on in our marriage. ) But she is resting comfortably. Not sure how much longer she can hang on, but it may be a while still.

Thanks to everyone for your prayers and well-wishes.

Vee

It is difficult to say goodbye. You & your family are in our prayers. Razzl

OUr prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

Vee, my prayers are with you. The holidays are a rough time to lose someone, and he will need your support tremendously. We will keep everyone in our prayers.
    Linda

Vee, Sue and I have Doug's mother in our thoughts and prayers. we are hoping for the best for your family.

Randy

Thank you everyone for your love and prayers. Mom passed away quietly last night with Doug by her side, holding her hand. We were fortunate to have her on hospice for the last days of her life, so she was comfortable and not in any pain.

Even though it is a challenging time for our family, we know she is in a better place now and is reunited with her Ronnie. (Dad)

Thanks again.

V

Vee, I am sorry for you loss, but as you said, she did go peacefully. We will continue to keep you in our prayers.
    Linda

So glad that she passed peacefully. My condolences to you and your family.
    Kristen

Vee, while we are sorry for your loss, we know she is in a better place now.Do give Doug a hug from Sue and I. Your family is in our prayers,

Randy

Vee,

This is always a bad time of year to lose a loved one. My condolences to you and Doug.