Hybrid View

Default Where to eat on the way?

Landing in Montego Bay on 12/29 around 1:45p.m. and taking a car to SS. First time in Jamaica and wanting to stop along the way to get a good meal on the beach. Not interested in a tourist trap but also not interested in going somewhere that is iffy. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
    Last edited by wrousse; December 8th, 2009 at 10:19 AM.

You are brave to drive in Jamaica! We've found it very easy to take the shuttle from the airport to the resort. It only takes 1.5-2 hours with a stop where you can get some jerk and something to drink. Sorry we couldn't give you any recommendations but we're sure you'll enjoy your time at CSS where you can always find a good meal with an ocean view and it isn't "iffy".

Bart & Bug

It shouldn't matter, because you probably won't make it to the resort alive if you plan on driving yourself.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    It shouldn't matter, because you probably won't make it to the resort alive if you plan on driving yourself.
    lol...I had to laugh. I am hoping you mean you have a driver that will be waiting for you! If so, he will know great places for you to stop, you will not be his first tourist fare I am sure and it will boost his tip maybe! If not, please be careful driving! They habitually drive fast there. If you pay close attention it will scare the heck out of you (for lack of a more acceptable word). One night I was in a private car coming from Margaritaville at about 2:00 am when the roads have less traffic. We passed a very tragic car accident. When they collide, which I have seen to be rare, it is no joke! I know it could happen to anyone including myself...Please be careful!

Yow's

Take the shuttle provided by Couples and tell the driver you want stop for some authentic food. I didn;t even know you could rent cars in JA.
    ... it keepsh me shane

Seriously: We know someone who lived in Jamaica for a couple of years. If you get in an accident and hit a vehicle or someone's animal, the "No Problem" mentality quickly vanishes and you suddenly have a "BIG PROBLEM"! If you are planning on driving yourself, I would strongly suggest reconsidering. Leave the driving in Jamaica to the Jamaicans. Oh, by the way, do you know they drive on the left side of the road?
    Last edited by Wally; December 9th, 2009 at 11:23 AM.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by wrousse View Post
    Landing in Montego Bay on 12/29 around 1:45p.m. and taking a car to SS. First time in Jamaica and wanting to stop along the way to get a good meal on the beach. Not interested in a tourist trap but also not interested in going somewhere that is iffy. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
    ....There IS a KFC along the way. We did learn that that stood for "Keep From Cooking"!!