Default New To All Inclusive

This will be our first AI trip and a I had a few questions.

1.When you check into the resort (CSA) will they give us some type of wrist band to wear during our stay?

2.How do they keep track of who is guest of the resort?

3.Is it a little overwhelming for first timers trying to learn where everything is. CSA seems so spread out and I don't want to miss a thing. Is an orientation necessary?

1. No wrist bands at couples ever. Don't worry about that.

2. There are security guards who patrol the "borders."

3. Take the tour on your first day - it takes an hour or so and it's a great way to see the resort. You'll definitely know where everything is that way.

Warning: once you go, you'll end up going over and over again. You're beginning an addiction with this trip!

1. No, Couples doesn't do the wristband thing. The staff recognizes their guests (most of them will remember your name after meeting you once or twice), so wristbands are not needed.

2. See #1, Also, only guests are allowed on the grounds. Anyone who is walking by on the beach from other resorts is watched by security and not allowed to enter the resort.

3. I have never stayed at CSS, but the orientation at CTI was time well spent on our first visit.

Quote Originally Posted by ElaineChick View Post
    1. No wrist bands at couples ever. Don't worry about that.

2. There are security guards who patrol the "borders."

3. Take the tour on your first day - it takes an hour or so and it's a great way to see the resort. You'll definitely know where everything is that way.

Warning: once you go, you'll end up going over and over again. You're beginning an addiction with this trip!
    DITTO!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Elaine is spot on. I'll just second the tip to take the orientation tour. It is fun, and they explain a lot of the basics, too (when to sign up for the catamaran cruise, how to make reservations for Feathers and Lemongrass, etc.). The resort is spread out, and after three trips, we still get a little lost in the middle of the resort, although since we are on vacation, we thoroughly enjoy wandering the paths and finding our way to the beach or wherever we are going.

So I still don't understand how they know we are staying at the resort and not just some random person walking into one of the restaurants or up to one of the bars?

Quote Originally Posted by mstravelbug View Post
    This will be our first AI trip and a I had a few questions.

1.When you check into the resort (CSA) will they give us some type of wrist band to wear during our stay? No..thank GOD!! All guests are treated equally!!

2.How do they keep track of who is guest of the resort? Security takes care of everything. Tell them your name once, and they will remember it for the rest of your stay....and then again when you return...and you will return!!

3.Is it a little overwhelming for first timers trying to learn where everything is. CSA seems so spread out and I don't want to miss a thing. Is an orientation necessary?I strongly suggest you do the orientation!! That way you won't miss one thing out of your trip!!
    Have a blast, and welcome to the Couples family
    Kristen

So true...take the time for the tour/overview of facility.

1 and 2 - Ditto what ElaineChick said.

3 - I would also recommend the tour. CSA was the first resort where we took the time to do it and it was WELL worth it. It's only an hour and then you save yourself time that would otherwise be wasted trying to figure stuff out on your own, and you will probably learn things you wouldn't otherwise know. Our upcoming trip will be our 4th and I'm even considering taking it again just because we haven't been there since '07 and I know there have been changes.

Hi Mstravelbug -

As ElaineChick mentioned, no need for those tacky wristbands!!! And you'll be absolutely amazed, but within a day of your arrival virtually all of the front of the house staff will be aware of who you are, and within a few days, most all of them will know your names (or will call you "Milady," which I happen to very much prefer)!

You are in for a VERY big treat! You'll never want to do any other AI once you've been to CSA - I'd bet a drink at the Sunset Bar on that one!!!

Have a blast!!!!!

CSA was our first all inclusive too. Be aware that you're starting at the top. Most all inclusives do use wrist bands and have mostly buffet service. They are still great (and less expensive) but that's not what you'll find at CSA. No wrist bands here.

Do go to the orientation meeting the first morning after you arrive. It doesn't take long and it's fun and you'll meet staff who will remember who you are. Couples isn't cheap, so enjoy it to the fullest!

I don't see that this has been posted before. The orientation is held at every Couples resort twice a day. Once at 10:00 am and again at 5:00 pm.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

MsTravelBug:

Just to illustrate how good the security is at the resorts, we were staying at CSA. We did the Trading Spaces to CN one day, right after the program was implemented. We went down to the beach, grabbed a couple of lounge chairs, and shortly thereafter, (within 5 minutes) security was there asking us (politely, I might add) what our room # was at the resort. We attempted to explain that we were from CSA and had "traded spaces" for the day -- which no one had bothered to explain to security. (A quick trip to the front desk took care of the mis-queue). They were so on top of things, they knew we didn't belong at CN.

No worries. They'll figure it out. And so will you. We're going back for our 6th trip to Couples in May. Ya mon.

So I still don't understand how they know we are staying at the resort and not just some random person walking into one of the restaurants or up to one of the bars?
    It's the job of security personnel, and it's remarkable how well they perform it. I have no idea how they figure out/remember who is a guest, but I can give you two examples to illustrate.

When we were at CN one year, two women from a neighboring resort decided that they'd like to use CN's beach. They grabbed a couple of lounge chairs and started to get settled in. Before they could do so, a security guard approached them and told them that they'd have to move along.

Security at the other resorts work the same way. A poster on the MB staying at CSA reported that he and his wife were walking past another resort that had an a/n beach, stopped to ask them a question about their resort's a/n facilities, and were invited by the guests to join them. The guest invite aside, the security guards for that resort quickly made their presence known and told the couple staying at CSA that they would not be permitted to remain on that resort's property.

Relax and enjoy your vacation.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

rumor has it a "chip" is placed in your neck while sipping a red stripe at the couples lounge in mobay airport. Hence all couples patron are routinely scanned and those wihtout chips are often takein "out back" No worries the chip disolves 5-10 days after your departure date
    enjoy

The way they know is that you DON'T have a wrist band on....everyone else does. And you can't just walk in from the street. At least at CN, they had a guard station (I think) at the front entrance and as everyone has mentioned, there are the guards on the beach that monitor to make sure no one comes on to the resort that doesn't belong. It really isn't an issue. Enjoy the best vacation you will ever experience.