Thread: Changes at CN

Default Changes at CN

I think I remember reading an email on the MB recently that listed some recent changes to CN and just wanted to confirm. We were last there in April of 2008 and have just booked our third trip for April of 2010!! Among the list of changes/updates were:

1. mini-bars in all rooms
    2. sign-up sheets for the Hobie Cats and kayaks. If so, can anyone tell me if there are now time-limits on these items then? Like do you sign-up for a certain time block (like 30 minutes or an hour or something?) And is the sign-up available days ahead of time, or is it something you would do on a daily basis in the mornings?
    3. change in times for the daily snorkel trips. When we were there in 2008 I believe they were at 9:30 AM and a 1:30 PM.
    4. A whole new entertainment staff?

thanks in advance to anyone who is able to give us the latest info ... now that the tickets are bought we are in countdown mode!!

Having posted in the past about CN with threads titled "Changes at CN", I'll take a shot just in case:

1. mini-bars in all rooms
    >> you can verify on the accommodation page but this was a change made in the past few years, by the end of 2007. We haven't inspected every room but it certainly seems to have been completed.
    2. sign-up sheets for the Hobie Cats and kayaks. If so, can anyone tell me if there are now time-limits on these items then? Like do you sign-up for a certain time block (like 30 minutes or an hour or something?) And is the sign-up available days ahead of time, or is it something you would do on a daily basis in the mornings?
    >> We did post this from our Oct '09 trip. It was new to us to have the clipboard by the life jackets where one fills out name, room number, equipment for use of hobie cats, kayak, etc. It wasn't a reservation system, rather a record of who took what out when. There may have been a time limit in the past that whenever noted, but the clip board says 2 hour limit - a quite generous amount of time and more than most would need I think
    3. change in times for the daily snorkel trips. When we were there in 2008 I believe they were at 9:30 AM and a 1:30 PM.
    >>We did post in Jan '07 that CN added a Thursday 3PM, but you would have experienced that on your last trip. As of Oct '09, the schedule is the same: daily 9:30 AM and 1:30 PM plus the 3PM Thursday.
    4. A whole new entertainment staff?
    >> posted that the ET staff was new to us, as of Oct it was Simone (TL), Travis, Angelica, Fabian, and Lascelles.

Congrats on the countdown. That's a great feeling and it won't be long now. Please let us know what is going on with "home" when you go.

thanks for the info Rudi! I always post a glowing review (how could it be anything but?) once back and will also include any additional changes/updates we observe as well. thanks again!