Default Cheapest time to travel to CSA??

I am trying to plan ahead for 2011. I can't really afford to go in 2010 so I thought I should figure out the cheapest time to go during the year. I'd guess hurricane season. I'd like to go in may or June. Thanks for the help.

Hurricane season is not neccessarily the cheapest time to travel. The rate they charge @ Couples resorts for Hurricane season is also the same rate all the way to 12/25/10

Click on the tab for CSA above, then select "Rates" on the left side of the screen. Rates are most expensive in the week between Christmas and New Year's Day. They decrease a bit for January through March, decrease a little more beginning in April, and decrease against in mid-August before rising to their most expensive for Christmas week again. While the published rates are for 2010 rather than for 2011, you'll still be able to get idea of the seasonal rate differences.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Here's the link for CSA 2011 rates: http://couples.com/04special-FILA-2011-RATES.htm#CSA

You'll see that the cheapest time to go is during "hurricane season", August 16 - December 25. The next cheapest is April 4 - August 15 and so on. Figure out what your budget is, then find a room category that fits. May and June have the same rates - you could go for 5 nights for only $1625 in an atrium suite (does not include flights or insurance). Good luck!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

You might try tracking air fares, since this is where you'll be able to save the most. Typically, airfares to Jamaica are less when people don't want to travel...meaning you should try to avoid all holidays, long weekends, and yes, sometimes even the summer months when people "vacation". For this reason, it seem that Hurricane season is cheaper...but it really has more to do with no one wanting to travel to the Caribbean then. I suggest you plan to go when you really want to go. Then, you can "negotiate" for your ideal budget by choosing a less expensive room categorie. You're going to remember the "Experience" long, long after you've forgotten what you paid!

You can do the "Lay Away" plan a pay it off a little each month....

Better jump on it now, because according to Randy, they are preparing to raise the rates!!
    Kristen

Aug-dec 23 or hurricane season...

Thanks. I am starting to save already for the trip but I am thinking April or May before the summer crowds go crazy. I went this past July and it was great. That's the latest I will go due to hurricanes. Live in New Orleans so I don't plan much for hurricane season due to bad experiences.

summer crowds? really? we went last june and it was dead. entire 7mile beach was dead. it was like a ghost town. i wish it were busier during the summer. we are going again next june. its the best time for my wife since shes a teacher.

From the time we booked in September for Jan. 31 - Feb. 7 2010........the price when we made our final payment last week had gone up almost $500.

I'm surprised to hear it's dead in June. We are scheduled for a week the middle of May. I really hope it's not dead or a ghost town as you put it. We love to mingle and meet different people, thats one part of a vacation I look forward to.

Default well..

by summer crowds im mainly referring to airfare travel when it gets busier and more expensive. we were there this past june as well and while it wasnt crowded on the beach at all, it did seem a little crowded trying to book some excursions and dining.

BUT... i just booked a trip for May 2011 so i cant wait!

That post about raising rates has disappeared. Have they changed their mind, or do we still have until this evening to book under the current promotion?

Quote Originally Posted by mstravelbug View Post
    I'm surprised to hear it's dead in June. We are scheduled for a week the middle of May. I really hope it's not dead or a ghost town as you put it. We love to mingle and meet different people, thats one part of a vacation I look forward to.
    mstravelbug. CSA wasnt dead. we were able to mingle and meet alot of people. every other resort, bar, restaurant along 7mile beach was. we were also dissapointed since we wanted to mingle/party/drink away from CSA. my understanding is summer months are the slow season.