Default Pre Check-In Question

How can I tell if I've done the pre check-in. I was so excited about our January trip, I think I did the pre check-in a few months ago...but I'm not sure. Should I just do it again, or is there someplace on the web site that will tell me if I am ready to go?

Thanks, Wally
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Hi Wally,

I did pre check-in for CTI seven days before and it had zero effect. They didn't even know we were repeaters when we checked in... I waited a day before I told them. This mistake kind of threaded and manifested itself in interesting ways during the week. Mostly with redeeming the gift shop credit vouchers.. since our FILA certificates were issued separate and on a different day than the Romance Reward one.. I think the serial numbers did not match up correctly.. Anyhow, there were no real problems, but there definitely were some situations.

We pre-checked in about 3 or 4 days prior to our arrival at CTI. They didn't have our info upon check-in, but had it all there and ready on the next day. The only bummer was we were eligible for an upgrade, and it wasn't ready when we arrived. (We arrived around midnight.) They DID have the availability to upgrade us, however, I am a "get settled and stay" kind of gal. Once we arrived in our room, I really didn't want to be bothered moving the next day, which was our only option.

If you did your pre-check-in that long ago, I would honestly recommend doing it again about 2 or 3 days before you are set to arrive. Works better that way.

It isn't really pre check-in, is it? It is just for the repeaters gift, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    How can I tell if I've done the pre check-in. I was so excited about our January trip, I think I did the pre check-in a few months ago...but I'm not sure. Should I just do it again, or is there someplace on the web site that will tell me if I am ready to go?

Thanks, Wally
    ....It doesn't seem to matter

Can someone post a link for pre-check in....as I am having trouble finding it.
    Thanks obviously a newbee question.
    Does someone have a phone number for CSS so I can give it to my kids in case of an emergency?

Sure, pre check in link can be found at http://www.couples.com/RomanceRewards/08-check-in.htm

It's under Romance Rewards from the main www.couples.com home page.

Angie
    Kevin & Angie

I agree. Pre-check in doesn't matter. I also sent an email asking about my Romance Rewards, and never got an answer. Still some bugs to be worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldyweds View Post
    I agree. Pre-check in doesn't matter. I also sent an email asking about my Romance Rewards, and never got an answer. Still some bugs to be worked out.
    I asked at checkout to have my points credited and the gentleman said he did. They still haven't and I have sent TWO emails about it and I am getting no response. I am very much looking forward to returning next year but can't figure out why they offer the program if it is so difficult to get credit. The second email said it was going to the same person the first one did and she hasn't responded yet, so that frustrates me too. A little disappointed in the handling of the romance rewards points, but it won't keep me from returning. I just wish it was easier to get answers on this.

Quote Originally Posted by cleversole View Post
    I asked at checkout to have my points credited and the gentleman said he did. They still haven't and I have sent TWO emails about it and I am getting no response. I am very much looking forward to returning next year but can't figure out why they offer the program if it is so difficult to get credit. The second email said it was going to the same person the first one did and she hasn't responded yet, so that frustrates me too. A little disappointed in the handling of the romance rewards points, but it won't keep me from returning. I just wish it was easier to get answers on this.

Just got an email back....I guess I have to learn to be a little more patient. Thank you.

I believe it says on the Rewards page that it can take up to 30 days or so to get credited for your stay (even though they note it at each resort, that doesn't make it "official" at that point in time).

That's just about exactly how long it took for our points to show up on our account. So......just be patient & the points should (hopefully) magically appear in your account after about a month !!

Pre-check in is a complete waste of time. On arrival, they will have no record of your information and ask you to complete a new form. Surprised? No, this is Jamaica, we just returned from our 14th visit to CSA and loved every minute. We'll certainly go back next year and fill out the same form again. Have a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by db View Post
    Pre-check in is a complete waste of time. On arrival, they will have no record of your information and ask you to complete a new form. Surprised? No, this is Jamaica, we just returned from our 14th visit to CSA and loved every minute. We'll certainly go back next year and fill out the same form again. Have a great time!
    That's not true. Just because it happend to you doesn't mean it happens every time. We have done it twice and both times our rewards have been waiting either at the front desk or in our room the next day without any need to fill out the form again.

By the way...can anyone answer my original quesion?
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

I'm not sure Wally. You'd think if it did, you'd be able to tell when you log-in. I'd do it again just to be sure. Maybe when you try to do it again, it will tell you if you're already checked-in? Let us know.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Thanks, Amy...that's what I did. There was no indication that I had done it before, but I'm pretty sure I did.

4 Days!!!!!
    [

We did pre-check in the day before we arrived at CN and our rewards were in our room!!
    One Love,
    Mya

I seem to recall that there was a recommendation from Couples (perhaps from Randymon?) to submit your pre-registration (optional, by the way) about 2 weeks prior to arrival. Perhaps in pre-registering so early, it was set aside or even ignored?
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Default Pre Check In Questions

We have stayed at the Couples Negril two times in the past year. Both times we filled out the pre-check in form from the Romance Rewards. However, neither time did this save us any time at check in as they had no record of pre-check in. Nor did they have our promised benefits of being a returning guest. The second time I asked to speak to a supervisor who immediately rectified the situation and delivered our spa passes and other items. I just can not help but feel like whomever is handling the pre-check in job takes it very seriously. I to emailed ahead of time to the romance rewards department but never received a reply. We keep going back to Couples Negril because we like it overall. Still, the customer service really falls short in this area. BTW, I filled the form out about 3 weeks prior to our arrival.

We did pre-check in, and I couldn't remember if I had done it, so I did it again. Either way, no worries, our rewards were given to us at check in.
    Jamie & David
    CN 11/2005 & 10/2008 & 11/2011
    CSS 9/2007, 9/2009, 9/2010, 11/2011, 9/2012, 9/2013
    CTI 9/2013