Thread: CN questions

Default CN questions

Hi All,
    We are completing the Couples Circuit this year.
    We have been to COR twice, CSS twice, CSA once, and going to CN in 6 weeks. These questions relate to CN only.
    1) what are the best dinners and deserts at each restaurant?
    2)What are the best massages, by who, and whats the best location? tree house or other location.
    3)AN beach bar, can you get humming bird drinks or any frozen drinks?
    4)Are there two Office Of Nature locations down the beach?, which is the original?
    5)does Office Of Nature have JERK pork, chicken, or fish?

Thanks
    Craig&Karen

Quote Originally Posted by Craig&Karen View Post
    Hi All,
    We are completing the Couples Circuit this year.
    We have been to COR twice, CSS twice, CSA once, and going to CN in 6 weeks. These questions relate to CN only.
    2)What are the best massages, by who, and whats the best location? tree house or other location.
    4)Are there two Office Of Nature locations down the beach?, which is the original?

Thanks
    Craig&Karen
    ....Of the restaurants at CN, we really liked the "Lychee" the best. This is NOT a typical "Chinese Restaurant"!

wow, best dinners and desserts... that's tough. My wife and I didn't have a bad meal when we were there. Everything was good and we enjoyed the wide variety of food that was available. The appetizer plate at Lychee is something worth having though. Our favorite restaurant was heliconia mostly because we enjoyed sitting by the beach feeling the warm evening breezes and listening to the tree frogs serenade us.

Massages? Is there a bad massage to be had? LOL We only had the Couples massage in the tree house. Thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it (don't forget to wash off the oils/lotions they use before you apply your sunscreen!)

Yes Frozen drinks are available at the AN Beach bar.

Sorry I can't help you with the rest.

ENJOY!!!

Our opinion only....
    Difficult question as there are so many choices and the menus change.
    Desert-wise, Heliconia has great Tiramasu and dark chocolate cheese cake. Also like the "Lychee Creme Brulee" at Lychee, Otaheite always has great choices - a chocolate torte or similarly rich cake-like item, Panna Cotta, and also Creme Brulee. Cassava has some of the above and we've had delicious banana flambe there.
    So many dinner choices, but lobster at any of the 4 is tops. Heliconia's Calamari, Gorgonzola Rigatoni, Seafood & Artichoke kabob. Anything at Otaheite. Lychee's Curry & Coconut Chicken, Mongolian Lamb, and Kaisen Fry. Must emphasize again that there are many great choices beyond these that I'm sure we're omitting.

acranger- Lychee is billed as Asian Fusion and I don't think the food has much Chinese influence at all. The Lychee Chef is originally from the Philippines and most of the food is Thai, Indonesian, and Japanese influenced it seems. All very, very good.

We like the tree house because of the atmosphere and the view - which admittedly you can only see before and after the massage. Like the beach spot because you can hear the waves more clearly and you know you're on the beach. The spa rooms are the most quiet and give a more private feeling. Can't recommend a particular person.

There are two now and you'll past the impostors or, rather, name-usurpers first. They have a fancy looking sign and a more permanent bar/hut structure. The original guys are a bit further down.

Good question, but not that we've noticed. We only recall seeing grilled lobster as that is what most people request. I've watched them grill several times and didn't see anything other than lobster for main fare, but it is possible there was another grill or pit going somewhere that we didn't see.

1) what are the best dinners and deserts at each restaurant? It is hard to say which is the best dinner and desert at each restaurant, they change the menu every couple of days as well as on a regular basis. In addtion, what I love, you might not. There were a couple of pasta dishes at Helconia that I thought were great and Lychee is wonderful. We ate at Otaheite but that was for the repeaters dinner. As you know all the food is wonderful.
    2)What are the best massages, by who, and whats the best location? tree house or other location.We did not do the tree house this trip and I did talk to a couple of people who did both and said that both were great. I had a massage with 2 different people and they were great but I am really bad at names.
    3)AN beach bar, can you get humming bird drinks or any frozen drinks? Haven't been to the AN beach, can't answer.
    4)Are there two Office Of Nature locations down the beach?, which is the original? Yes there are 2, the first one that you come to as you walk down the beach is the newest one, we did not go there. The second one is the original. We went there, have been there several times. They have wonderful lobster and garlic bread. Did not see any jerk.

We just got back on Saturday night and I have to say all the food is wonderful. Our favorite is Lychee (the sushi and Miso soup,the beef dinner and Pad Thai). We were there 2 years ago for the grand openning/repeaters dinner and I have to say it was good then but better this time. On the kitchen tour they said that they change the menus every two weeks.My husband loves Otheite but I like Heliconia better. As Blondie says what one may like you may not.
    As for the massages they are all wonderful. We had the spa credit of $350 plus the half hour repeaters so I had 4 massages this week. I really like Diane and Frances as my husband liked Doreen.You can't go bad with anyone. I love the beach hut at about 4:30-5 and my hubby loves the tree house so we had them in both. The tree house they charged an extra $10. That is new as last year there was no extra charge. Enjoy!