Default any advice for couples

We are looking to go to CSA in jan but have heard mixed reviews. We are both 24 and would like to know if this resort is more focused on older married couples or if offers mixed amenities for both. Do they have an activities team that helps get guest involved in activites such as volyball, drinking games ect. Also some photos look as if the resort in worn down and in need of paint and updating. Any advice would be great.

CSA has a great mix of activities, and it's a lovely resort.
    nobody's favorite poster

You will love CSA! We saw all different ages there and you will feel totally comfortable. You can be as active as you want or just veg on the beach and have someone bring you drinks. The rooms are very Caribbean classic with lots of wood and white linens. We loved our Ocean Verandah Suite.....it's not glitz and glamour, but it shouldn't be when you are vacation on a tropical island.

Don't worry at all, you are going to have a blast! CSA ROCKS!

All of the Couples resorts have couples in your age group and many others; age has nothing to do with it. There are some organized sports and activities, but the focus is on Romance with a capital "R". And as far as "worn down and in need of paint and updating" nothing could be further from the truth.

We just returned from our 4th trip to CSA (6th in total) and have already booked April and October for both 2010 and 2011 there, as well. If it's a vacation to Jamaica, we wouldn't consider any other resort.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Quote Originally Posted by ahdk4421 View Post
    We are looking to go to CSA in jan but have heard mixed reviews. We are both 24 and would like to know if this resort is more focused on older married couples or if offers mixed amenities for both. Do they have an activities team that helps get guest involved in activites such as volyball, drinking games ect. Also some photos look as if the resort in worn down and in need of paint and updating. Any advice would be great.
    ah - couples is a great resort with a lot to offer however the resort target demo is probably 15-20 years your senior. During any stay you will see a range of couples from early 20's to 70's just keep in mind on averag while you are at the piano bar or the swim up bar the person to your left and right will be older and at a different stage of their life. It woudl be very hard ot go to a couple and not have a blast just manage your expectation accordingly dress properly and enjoy

"Do they have an activities team that helps get guest involved in activites such as volyball, drinking games ect."
    -Yes but I think cancun resorts offer more activities and more people tend to participate. Alot of people at couples don't want to be bothered and would rather "chill" on the beach or pool.
    "Also some photos look as if the resort in worn down and in need of paint and updating."
    -It definitely isnt a resort like you would find in cancun or other caribbean islands. No fancy rooms, marble everywhere, etc... If you are looking for a "fancy" resort then you will be disappointed.
    BTW, WE LOVE CSA!!!! Plan on returning in June. Good luck planning your vacation.

We've been to CSA three times (fourth time will be in January), and we've always seen a wide mix of ages. In fact, there have always been many couples there in their 20s who are there on their honeymoons, babymoons, etc. And then you have to put up with oldies like us in our 40s.

We've been to other AIs that have activity directors who are constantly hounding the guests to participate. I loathe that. While there are plenty of activities to keep you busy at CSA, and the Activity Directors do organize volleyball games and such, it is not a rah-rah place. As someone else said, the focus is on romance.

CSA is NOT worn and run down. Many of the buildings are less than 5 years old. The focus is on a rustic caribbean feel, so there are no fancy marble and gold plated fixtures in the rooms. This does not mean it's run down, though. In fact, they just updated many of the bathrooms in the original section and they repainted and updated The Palms restaurant. It seems like they are constantly updating and improving. Will you find the occasional nick in the tile in your room? Maybe. But the room is spotlessly clean and the bed is ultra comfy.

Nobody seems to realize that the resorts are supposed to look rustic and island-y. The worn down look was done purposely. They didn't want it to look like some fancy schmancy hotel you can find in the states. When I go to JA i want to feel like I am somewhere tropical, not at the Ritz Carlton. The resorts are designed for specific age groups. It's for people in love whether you are 24 or 74.

I'm 22 and my fiance is 26 and we're heading to CSA for our HM in May/June. I have a feeling we'll be on the "young-ish" side... but who cares