Default CSA Dress Code question....

Hello everyone! My wife and are I going to be at csa from 12/28-1/2 for our honeymoon! It's our first time and we cannot wait to get there!

I do have one question...I understand that at feathers (and i think lemongrass) guys are required to dress more formally than the other restaurants. It says that collared shirts are a must....can this be a short sleeve polo shirt that has a collar or does it have to be a button-down shirt?

If anyone could fill me in that would be great. I'm sure I'll have more questions as the time gets closer! We are counting down the days!!!!!

A polo shirt is fine for feathers. Have fun at CSA.
    nobody's favorite poster

A "short sleeve polo shirt that has a collar" is just fine!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

A short sleeve polo shirt is fine.

We ate at Lemongrass a few months ago and there were men wearing shorts, sandals, and polo shirts (with collars.) Feathers is a bit more dressy and I think you'd feel out of place in polo shirt.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Just a point on Feathers, we just got back from CSA and we were denied our reservation at Feather's because one of the guys' shoes "looked too much like sneakers" - they were brown and black shoes, but had a thick grip. The guys were very formally dressed. We were very frustrated, especially when we went into town to buy another pair of shoes, and then saw other guys wearing flip flops/sandals at our next reservation! Also - the website just says dress shoes/closed toe shoes for men, but the sign at the restaurant actually says no flip flops, sandals or sneakers.

A suggestion would be to make the website and the actual restaurants read the same dress code. That way people, who have never been there before won't plan based on the website and get a surprise when they get there, or sell something that is acceptable in the gift shops so that people can still go to the restaurants without a lot of hassle.

We saw lots of polo shirts at Feathers. You're fine.

Bob usually packs one dress, button down shirt with a collar for Feathers and a tie (no jacket, though). Although a polo would work for Feathers, you will see many men more dressed up than that. Bob usually wears a polo and dress shorts at Lemongrass.

I have a question about the no flip flops rule for ladies. Are fancy flip flops ok? For example, I have a pair of flip flops with a leather sole and gold straps. If I wore those and a sundress would I be turned away from any of the restaurants? Is it more about whether you look dressy or not vs. the actual dress code rules? I don't particularly like wearing heals--especially when I'm around sand, so fancy flip flops is what I would want to wear to dinner every night. Thanks!

Hello lo99! Gold and leather sandals sound fine. When they say no flops they mean like beach store rubbber ones. I think a good rule of thumb is to ask yourself would I where this to a nice restaurant at home? No need for heels if you are not comfy in them.

Thanks NJ Bride! This will make packing a lot easier!

Quote Originally Posted by jofrank View Post
    Just a point on Feathers, we just got back from CSA and we were denied our reservation at Feather's because one of the guys' shoes "looked too much like sneakers" - they were brown and black shoes, but had a thick grip. .

We saw someone turned away - - he was wearing Black and Brown DC shoes, which are SKATEBOARDING shoes...not nice dress shoes. His wife was in rubber flip flops with a wedge heel...they did finally let them in - but it was uncomfortable for a while.

That wasn't us - our guy definitely wasn't wearing Skatboarding shoes. We also didn't push the situation too much, we just left. It was surprising to see the number of people who didn't comply with the dress code though...

On our first trip to CSA in 05 we had dinner at the old Feathers location. While we were there we saw a couple turned away because the gentleman had on sandals. Nice sandals, but sandals none the less.
    I think they try to be consistent with enforcing the dress code, but it is a resort where folks are paying a premium for service and amenities so it may be tough to turn away a paying customer at times. That said, I would also guess that it us up to the individual maitre de to make the final determination as to what is passable on his watch. My shoe of choice for feathers is a pair of nice top-siders. Casual, but they pass muster for the dress code.
    This has been a point of contention on the message board for quite some time and it occasionally boils over into a vigorous debate.

Quote Originally Posted by WandA View Post
    We saw someone turned away - - he was wearing Black and Brown DC shoes, which are SKATEBOARDING shoes...not nice dress shoes. His wife was in rubber flip flops with a wedge heel...they did finally let them in - but it was uncomfortable for a while.
    was it tony hawk? how cool is that

Thanks for this Share I appreciate your post.