Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Packing List

Default Packing List

If anyone has a packing list I'd love to see it for our upcoming trip. We are buying luggage and trying to figure out what we will need. please e-mail to mel_messerli@hotmail.com
    Thanks!

Default You need way less than you think

I read these exact posts before we left about people needing less clothes. I didn't listen to them and packed far too much. We just got back a week ago, we spend 7 days at CTI. Seriously, you don't need a lot. We were in swimsuits with coverups a lot of the time. Evenings are relatively brief, so multiple outfits with multiple shoes are unnecessary. We ended up coming home wearing only 1/2 the clothes we brought with.

here is our packing list. hope it's helpfull
    Attached Files Attached Files

16 days at css ONE suitcase (42#) still came home with some clothes NOT worn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Swimsuits plus coverups, shorts and T-shirts. Evening wear beach casual was enough for everywhere, except Casanova's so pants for hubby, shirt with a collar, two dresses for wifey. If you like SSB you can get by with even less.
    Enjoy a less complicated life while at CSS!!!!!!!!!

Linda

Dont have a list for you, but can recommend one thing, bring a Journal.
    Its wonderful to re-read all that you enjoyed, its a great way to write down names of the staff and other guest you meet.
    I would spend my morinings re-cap'n my day prior, with a nice cup of Blue Mountain coffee!
    Barb

As a guy I can say you need about 3 bathing suits unless you don't mind wearing a wet one. It's hard to dry anything down there. I wore a tshirt at the end of the week after lots of sun. The only time you really get dressed is at night though. So bring a shirt for dinner each night and some pants/shorts. And lots of sunscreen. That's about all you need other than some bathroom items. We packed twice as much as we needed so pack what you want and then put half of it back in the closet.

Bring ziplock bags for sunscreen. Ours exploded but the bags protected our stuff.

Take multiple cover ups......especially if you go on the catamaran cruise! Which I highly reccommend!

When my husband and I go to CN, I've learned that the best thing is to bring at least 5 swimming suits, along with at least 3 cover ups, one outfit to wear home and a great dress for every nght and one great pair of shoes to go witht the dresses. Thats all you need!!!!!
    One Love,
    Mya

Amy has a great list!

search packing list and presto
    here is a link
    http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/search.php?searchid=126663

I just sent you our list. One thing we have learned after 8 trips is to not pack many outfits at all. If anyone else would like our list, I'm happy to share (amy.welch@hotmail.com).
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Bathing suits don't dry out real well, so bring extra of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    I just sent you our list. One thing we have learned after 8 trips is to not pack many outfits at all. If anyone else would like our list, I'm happy to share (amy.welch@hotmail.com).
    Can you email me your list Amy?

Quote Originally Posted by Myapapya View Post
    When my husband and I go to CN, I've learned that the best thing is to bring at least 5 swimming suits, along with at least 3 cover ups, one outfit to wear home and a great dress for every nght and one great pair of shoes to go witht the dresses. Thats all you need!!!!!
    It's amazing. I read this message board before we went in November and everyone said just bathing suits and cover ups...not much else during the day. I thought "we're not like that, we like our shorts and t-shirts" so we took a lot of t shirts....and wore them maybe an hour a day. Though we went out a couple nights in our t shirts and I would have rather had a little nicer shirt on.....SOOOO...Next year we are following the advice. Less clothes, just a few t-shirts (if you see us in the same one a couple days, oh well) and a few nicer shirts for dinner. Not too dressy, but just a blouse. Lychee in a T-shirt was a little under dressed. But like everyone on here says...you really don't spend much time during the day in anything but suits and cover ups.

Enjoy.

Default What to pack??

Can someone PLEASE PLEASE e mail a packing list at all?? 1st time ever traveling to a resort! kjdspies@hotmail.com THANKS!!

just sent one hope it helps!

Yes, lots of swim suits, for guys and ladies both. Not much casual wear, other than travel days.
    Guys: some nice shirts and shorts/pants for evenings. Ladies: some nice dresses or light stuff for evenings.

Second here on the journal, or something to write down the days highlights. I do this at breakfast also, nice time to recall the previous days events. These notes will be priceless in the years to come.

Pack your sun screen, expensive at the gift shop, you will need it.

Ladies, something nice for after hours!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cypresspeeps View Post
    Can you email me your list Amy?
    I just emailed you!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

amy, could u also send me the packing list. it will be my first time going in april..thanks so much
    kak2836@aol.com

kelli

If anyone else would like the list, feel free too shoot me an email at amy.welch@hotmail.com

Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

Can I get the packing list too please?

Don't forget over the counter meds. and Bug spray.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsalwaysright View Post
    Can I get the packing list too please?
    Sure! Just send me an email
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!

For us the most important things are:

any Rx meds
    prilosec(& tums if you indulge in a lot of spice)
    conditioner(CN has shampoo only)
    lots of sunblock for me(it's expensive to buy there, and I like my coppertone 30spf continuous spray)
    1 pair trousers for the guys &
    couple of buttoned, collared shirts
    sperry top siders for dinner
    2-3 sets swimwear
    air freshener for room(or candles)
    mp3player/Ipod(non Ipod will need aux connection cord)
    any chargers for mp3 players,cameras, etc
    * we bring a couple of extra hangers for closet
    * extension cord(CN bathrooms had no outlet)
    * lots of writing pens for customs forms(carry on)
    * plenty of 1's & 5's

A few other things....we brought "bendy" straws, so that we didn't have to"sit up" in our beach chairs to sip our drinks
    ***if you like bloody mary's in the a.m. they have mixing stations, but no celery salt or tabasco...just a thought.For you cheeseheads & canucks..they DO have clamato in the mini fridges

--If you would like to snorkel off the beach, usually watersports will only let you use mask/snorkel for the "trips"

--If you have connecting flights..have enough room in your "check" bag(s) for liquor purchases to go upon arrival in the U.S.as they are liquids in excess of 1oz and can't be "brought" on the plane

Amy, I sent you an email too. Thanks in advance

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast