Default Who has flown Air Canada from Toronto (982/983)?

Hi - we are scheduled to go to CSS in January and were lucky enough to get executive class. Air Canada has old cabin styles and new cabin styles. When we booked, there were 3 seats across (as per the new cabin style) and we got F & K. But there is a note on Air Canada's web site that these flights have old cabins. If the cabin is old style - then F&K are not together (similar to another thread about changing planes). Has anybody flown AC executive class recently who can tell me the layout. When I call Air Canada, the representatives don't have a clue what the plane layout is.
    Thank you

Haven't flown Air Canada from Toronto yet but I will in April, LOL! But I have fallen upon a website named seat guru (found it via TA)and they have the seat lay out of every plane from almost every airline. Check it out, it might help you out. Have a fun trip and a safe flight.

We just came back on Saturday. The flight from Toronto to MB. The Executive Class had 2 seats on either side of the aisle. The rest of the plane had 3 seats on either side, seats numbers were ABC on one side and DEF on the other... there were no k's. Hope that helps.

Hi Air Canada flight:
    Seats F & K are a middle and right side seat in the new cabin configuration of the 767/763 Boeing planes. They are flat bed seats, so you will not be that close to each other. AC has been flying A320s in December due to smaller number of bookings.(2+2 Executive seating plans)
    If they change equipment, you will be together.
    We do not like the new "executive" class seats unless flying to Europe.
    Hope this helps:
    Winterpeg

Quote Originally Posted by iriesue View Post
    Hi - we are scheduled to go to CSS in January and were lucky enough to get executive class. Air Canada has old cabin styles and new cabin styles. When we booked, there were 3 seats across (as per the new cabin style) and we got F & K. But there is a note on Air Canada's web site that these flights have old cabins. If the cabin is old style - then F&K are not together (similar to another thread about changing planes). Has anybody flown AC executive class recently who can tell me the layout. When I call Air Canada, the representatives don't have a clue what the plane layout is.
    Thank you
    We have the exact same issue! We are booked for CSA in February. I just talked to someone at Air Canada Vacations and she said they are seeing the 3 seats across new cabin. Yet the website for Air Canada specifically says it is not the new interior. That said though, if you click on preview seat availability it shows the new interior?!?!

I think I will keep an eye on it for now and hopefully they will figure it out soon! We are booked in 1A and 2A (debated about which setup is better!) so if they change to the old interior we definitely won't be together!
    COR Feb 98; CN Jan 09; CN Oct 09; CSA Feb 10; CN Oct 10; CN Sep 11

Thank you everyone for your comments. They have all been helpful. I checked out seat guru and that helped as well. I guess its just up to whether they change planes.
    A note to "Redsgj", when we get back Feb. 1, we will post an update to the actual seat layout for you.
    Thanks again
    IrieSue

From an article published 21 December 2009 in Air Canada's "Daily" employee/retiree newsletter.

Retrofit of B767-300 fins 687, 689 and 690 now complete. With the delivery delays of our B787s from Boeing, the last three B767-300 aircraft (fins 687, 689, 690) are remaining in our fleet a little longer. The retrofit of these three aircraft is now complete, with cabins reconfigured to 24 standard North America Executive Class seats with a 38" pitch, and 223 Economy Class seats offering 31-32" pitch. The cabin interior has been refurbished to reflect our new color scheme. These aircraft do not have the Thales personal inflight entertainments installed, and will continue to have the previous system with overhead video screens with complimentary clip-on headsets offered to all customers.

For winter 2009/2010, these aircraft will operate mainly to sun destinations.
    Hope this helps,
    Cheers,

982/983 junkies
    Tom & Erin 22x CSA Veterans
    The Janadians

Don't worry about a thing, 'cuz every little thing is gonna be all right...
    Robert Nesta Marley

Quote Originally Posted by Tom & Erin View Post
    Retrofit of B767-300 fins 687, 689 and 690 now complete. With the delivery delays of our B787s from Boeing, the last three B767-300 aircraft (fins 687, 689, 690) are remaining in our fleet a little longer. The retrofit of these three aircraft is now complete, with cabins reconfigured to 24 standard North America Executive Class seats with a 38" pitch, and 223 Economy Class seats offering 31-32" pitch. The cabin interior has been refurbished to reflect our new color scheme. These aircraft do not have the Thales personal inflight entertainments installed, and will continue to have the previous system with overhead video screens with complimentary clip-on headsets offered to all customers.

For winter 2009/2010, these aircraft will operate mainly to sun destinations.
    So if I'm reading this right, they had planned to get rid of these 3 planes rather than change them to the new interior but they are keeping them longer than planned so they have done some updating to them.

However, it sounds like (from the description) executive class is still the 4 rows of 6 (2-2-2) seats. Is this what they mean by a standard North American exec class seat? They mentioned a 38" pitch and the new "pod type" seats don't indicate a pitch at all. Also, the economy section mentioned 223 seats and the new layout has only 187 economy. This webpage (http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...t_intexec.html) mentions these planes at the bottom of the page. So it seems like it may be the 2-2-2 for exec class seating.

I don't really care too much which layout it is. I just wish they would get the seat preview to indicate the right layout and confirm with Air Canada Vacations which layout it is too!! We are currently booked in the "A" column of seats (one in front of the other) for the new layout but I certainly don't want to be in 1A 2A on a plane where I should be in 1A 1C !!

This could be a huge mess at web checkin time and boarding if they don't figure it out soon!

Default Still confused!

So I just got off the phone with a very nice Air Canada person. She tried very much to help but I think somebody has messed up!!

My thinking now is they are flying these three planes which do not have the new interior BUT nobody seems to know what layout they do have. She talked to someone else in her office and they said that these three planes have been reconfigured to 8 rows 1-1-1 but with the "old" seats (I can't imagine that - it would look really strange to me!). Also, nowhere on the Air Canada site can I find a reference to this layout. All references to these three planes mention either 4 rows 2-2-2 or 5 rows 1-2-2!! I think this other person was just saying that to justify the info the website is showing!

It seems to me they have switched the "plane" itself to one of these three "not new layout" planes but they have NOT switched the "layout" of the plane away from the new layout to whatever these planes are (if that makes sense!). This theory is supported by the fact that Tom&Erin mentioned 223 economy seats. The layout that the website is showing is less than that!

We are flying excu. class from Toronto (April) to Jamaica also. This is our first time flying exc. class so I am not quite sure what to expect. Please post after your travels as I am interested in the layout. My husband is 6'6" so it was worth the upgrade! About being together, wouldn't most people switch seats or assign you seats together? I wouldn't worry to much as I am sure it would sort itself out fine. Besides a few hours later you will be in JAMAICA!!Maybe we will see you there...

Hey gang!
    Watch this thread and I'll see what I can find out.
    Although retired I still have some connections within the company. A good friend is a departure gate controller/planner in system operation control. She works the seat, capacity, and equipment charts for day of departure
    She returns back to work midnights on the 25th. I'll see if she can shed some light on this matter.

Cheers,
    The Janadians

Robert Nesta Marley

Iriesue on what day in January are you leaving for JA.
    You can email me off list at teskorattbayteldotnet (remove & replace the at & dot) if you'd rather not broadcast the exact date.
    Cheers,
    The Janadians

Robert Nesta Marley

Hi Tom and Erin. We leave on January 21st. We can't wait. This will be our 12th time to Jamaica but our first time at Couples. We are very excited after reading about CSS - can't believe we will be there in 4 weeks. I look forward to any information you can find out from your contacts.
    Thanks
    Iriesue

Just wondering if you have been able to find out anything Tom & Erin?

Thanks!

Iriesue,

Please email me off list @ teskor-at-tbaytel-dot-net with your email address.
    I have the seating chart (as of today Janu02) for 21January which I'll email back to you.

Cheers,
    Tom
    The Janadians

Robert Nesta Marley

Default :D 2 days and counting :D

We are at the final countdown. We fly out of Toronto on Thursday morning.
    As of now, everything still shows the new layout (3 seats across).

"Redsgj" - when we get there I will post details of the seat layout (well as soon as we get on the internet).

IrieSue

Quote Originally Posted by iriesue View Post
    We are at the final countdown. We fly out of Toronto on Thursday morning.
    As of now, everything still shows the new layout (3 seats across).

"Redsgj" - when we get there I will post details of the seat layout (well as soon as we get on the internet).

IrieSue
    Have a GREAT time! I'm jealous - we are at 16 days and counting (not too bad though )! That would be great if you could post the info on the layout - thanks much!

Default We made it - and its wonderfull

Hi - I am sitting on the sofa typing this message. Just ordered room service because we were too tired to hike to the Bella Vista (tomorrow).
    Good news - executive class is the new layout - 3 across. All I can say is the mini-suites are SWEET!
    We had 6F & K - we could see each other but it was hard to talk.
    Some people were behind each other you can talk but the person in front might get a sore neck. Having said that you will be going to Jamaica and all will be wonderfull.

IrieSue (very Irie)

So.... My connection didn't lie.

Enjoy your stay.

Cheers,
    The Janadians

Robert Nesta Marley

Default Ac 982/983

Hi Tom,
    Any ideas of what the layout will be for flights in August? Thanks in advance!

Hey Buster1330!

We just returned April 28th. Boeing767-300 new interior equipment on the way down and Airbus A-319 on the way back.

It appears that equipment is all Airbus A-319 for the "off" summer season. Seating 120 seats total 14 Executive & 106 Economy. Seating chart link below.

http://www.aircanada.com/en/about/fleet/a319-100xm.html

Hope this helps, if not let me know and I'll see what I can do to help..

Enjoy your trip, we're now planning our 17th.

Cheers,
    The Janadians

Robert Nesta Marley