Hybrid View

Default CTI repeaters dinner/beach party

has anymore been said about the repeaters dinner and the beach party being on the same night? i really wish they would move one to a different night...

bump

Still the same night. I cant see them closing the restaurant for another night just to accomodate. You will have to stay two Monday's to do both.

It is impossible to do both in the same evening as the repeaters dinner is very long and drawn out but worth it if lobster in season which is what we had last week with chicken at CTI it was yummy!
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

If this is your first "repeat" go to the dinner, If you have attended the dinner before then just do what ever strikes you on that evening. We have been to the repeaters dinner, on our second trip, and have decided that we will probably not do it again. At least not for our next trip, which will be our fourth. Don't get me wrong, the repeaters dinner is a lovely time, but it does make for a very long dinner and takes up a great deal of the evening. We just prefer the beach party atmosphere and the variety of food offered. The repeaters dinner just seemed to be too long at one table for us.
    Which ever you choose to do have a great time!

Long and drawn out?? We haven't had that experience at CTI. We went in July and had Prime Rib and Lobster. Our first repeaters it wasn't long and drawn out either, but chicken was served. Both times we still had time to make the party part of the Beach Party, just missing the buffet.
    Vicky

Quote Originally Posted by StarrandBrianinWI View Post
    has anymore been said about the repeaters dinner and the beach party being on the same night? i really wish they would move one to a different night...
    The talk on the MB about switching the day upon which one of the events is held was solely by guests. No one from Couples ever indicated that such a change was being considered.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

We went to the repeaters dinner in November and were able to go out and enjoy most of the showtime at the beach party. The buffet was still going on as well if you could possibly fit more food in... We didn't feel that the repeaters dinner was drawn out at all, although we had very nice conversation with the other guests as well as with the staff member that we ate with. (Kirk)
    Last edited by Barren; December 23rd, 2009 at 10:26 AM.

Default it'd be nice to attend both

I agree, we had a great time last Mon. night, but it was mainly because of our host, EZRA! I didn't think the meal was that great but we ate 2 other times 12/12 - 12/19 at 8 Rivers, and they were both excellent. I had the shrimp, it was awesome! I had Orlenga, our waiter, to pass on compliments to the chef, " that it was the best seasoned, flavored shrimp I had ever had in my life" and he asked if I would like more and brought me 4 more, that was a nice treat!

we really enjoy going to the repeaters but i guess i just want to both...next year will will have to 2 mondays! lol

Ok, probably a dumb question...but when is lobster in season? We will be at CTI in Feb. Is lobster usually served at the repeaters dinner?

One other question...I just signed up as a repeater, our 2nd time going to Couples. YAY!!! Is it possible that we won't get an invitation to the dinner? If we don't do we just ask at the desk? Or at reservations?

I'm so excited!!

TLB

Quote Originally Posted by TL B View Post
    Ok, probably a dumb question...but when is lobster in season? We will be at CTI in Feb. Is lobster usually served at the repeaters dinner?

One other question...I just signed up as a repeater, our 2nd time going to Couples. YAY!!! Is it possible that we won't get an invitation to the dinner? If we don't do we just ask at the desk? Or at reservations?

I'm so excited!!

TLB
    Yes, it is in season in February. It's not in season from April through June as the buggers are mating. You will get your invite sent to your room. However, if by Monday you don't have it, just go to guest services and let them know. It's not like you need it to get in the door, but they do like you to RSVP so they know how much food to prepare. Our dinner was awesome with lobster and filet mignon (not prime rib like I stated before) and it was melt in your mouth good. Also a delicious mushroom soup and then a wonderful chocolate dessert. Hubby got 2 of everything as it was his birthday. Once they found out, they treated him like royalty.
    Vicky

If you're a repeater, you should get an invite. We didn't even ask about it and they delivered our gifts and invitations to our room.

We had lobster skewers with chicken at our dinner at CTI in November.. it was AWESOME! If you search around for Lobster on the boards, you might be able to find the "in season" times.. I remember a thread about it.

This past week, the repeaters dinner and beach party were both on Monday at CTI.

Lobster is in season in February....lobster is not available from April 1st through June 30th. So you are good to go
    Kristen

I will have to say that we were disapointed that both were the same night. We felt that the beach party is the high of the nightly entertainment and to have to choose was a real downer. I do hope they get more entertainment at night too other than the music which is wonderful ut other things would be great too as a main event at night. Not sure what ever happend to movie on the beach, comedy act??? Another suggestion is maybe make it a bit earlier in then winter months? The sun is starting to set at 5:30 in December so early dinners and early sun are our thing as was many other couples, having to wait for entertainment was hard trying to keep our eyes open with full bellies!