Thread: It came today

Default It came today

We got a foot of snow yesterday. The temps are in the teens with a wind chill factor of minus something.

But I just got the mail and the new Couples calendar has arrived. I couldn't wait to tear off the envelope and see the new pictures for each month. I held the calendar close to my chest, closed my eyes, took in a deep cleansing breath, then exhaled. I was transported to my happy place. A deep sigh and it was gone. But that moment can and will be repeated time and time again. It's what gets me through each day.

The 2010 edition is sitting quietly here on the desk. The 2009 pages are all but a memory. When we begin the new year, the number will be 101 and counting.

Now I'm all soft and warm and mooshy inside. I'm going to curl up in a corner and just smile.

Richie

Here's something else you can do to help get through the year till you are back at Couples. Make your own calendar with pictures from your last year's trip. I am giving one to my husband for Christmas. For January there is a picture of my husband walking on the beach. For February, there's a picture of us on the catamaran cruise and it goes on and on. Each month is a different,wonderful memory you two shared at Couples.

What a wonderful idea!!! Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimnmariann View Post
    Here's something else you can do to help get through the year till you are back at Couples. Make your own calendar with pictures from your last year's trip. I am giving one to my husband for Christmas. For January there is a picture of my husband walking on the beach. For February, there's a picture of us on the catamaran cruise and it goes on and on. Each month is a different,wonderful memory you two shared at Couples.
    Kristen