Default First time at Couples in 31 days!

Hey all!!! I've posted a bunch of times earlier in the year, but now that our trip is only 31 days away, I feel the need to pick everyone's brains some more

We will be at CSS from 8/1-8/8 and are staying in a 1-bedroom Ocean Suite. Can someone tell me, are those rooms usually higher up? We are sort of hoping so, as we could both use the exercise of climbing up and down the stairs several times a day LOL!

We got married last August, and since we're going before our 1 year anniversary, I was told by someone that we could tell them that we're still Newlyweds and we'd get a free (or discounted) couples massage? Anyone know if this is true? Just curious!

I am sort of dreading the ride from the airport to the resort, only b/c I am a TERRIBLE flier with bad motion sickness, and then to have to look forward to a 2-hour car ride... not gonna be pretty! Does the van (or car) that takes us to the resort have seats up front that they'd let me use, if I needed to? That usually helps the motion sickness thing, so I figured I'd ask to help ease my mind!

This is also my first time to Jamaica - besides Dunns River Falls which we will DEF be doing, what other things do you recommend seeing/doing outside of the resort? Just looking for some suggestions.

Thank you all in advance for answering my silly questions!! I am sure I'll be on here all the time as we get even closer! YAY!!!

You have to have been married only 1 month to get the Honeymoon massage perks. You will be able to ask to sit up with the driver, ask as soon as you are taken to the bus. Have a great trip.

Default Honeymoon Perks

Honeymoon perks, including the 30-minute couples massage, are for couples traveling within 30 days of their wedding, and they're required to present proof of their marriage date. If you've been married for a year, you're ineligible to receive honeymoon perks.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

YAY for you first of all!!! I'll bet you are excited!!!

If you were married more than 30 days ago, you do not receive the honeymooners couples massage. You have to show proof with your marriage license.

As far as riding up front, NO-ONE will have a problem with it, just ask the driver, he will let you. No problem mon!!

We will be there the same time, 8/2 through 8/8. We are also in early 30's and celebrating our 3rd anniversary. Had to respond b/c of same time.

We went last year and stayed in same room category that you are in and we were up on the cliffs, amazing. As for the trip from the airport, I get motion sick and I was completely fine. The scenery and excitement of getting to the resort will likely take over.

Cant speak to the rest of the questions, as we only left the resort for jet skis (I do not recommend), although we plan to do Dunns River this time.

Anyway, I hope you have a great time. We have never gone to the same place twice, like we are this summer with CSS. Have a blast, enjoy and relax.

You will have a great trip!!

Quote Originally Posted by RisiLeigh View Post
    Hey all!!! I've posted a bunch of times earlier in the year, but now that our trip is only 31 days away, I feel the need to pick everyone's brains some more

We will be at CSS from 8/1-8/8 and are staying in a 1-bedroom Ocean Suite. Can someone tell me, are those rooms usually higher up? We are sort of hoping so, as we could both use the exercise of climbing up and down the stairs several times a day LOL! Yes, the One Bedroom Oceans are mainly in Building G, the highest on the cliff, as well as F and D. I have a map that I'd be happy to send you (amy.welch@hotmail.com).

We got married last August, and since we're going before our 1 year anniversary, I was told by someone that we could tell them that we're still Newlyweds and we'd get a free (or discounted) couples massage? Anyone know if this is true? Just curious! It's true that Couples does give honeymoon perks, but you have to show proof that you were married within 30 days. Sorry!

I am sort of dreading the ride from the airport to the resort, only b/c I am a TERRIBLE flier with bad motion sickness, and then to have to look forward to a 2-hour car ride... not gonna be pretty! Does the van (or car) that takes us to the resort have seats up front that they'd let me use, if I needed to? That usually helps the motion sickness thing, so I figured I'd ask to help ease my mind! Yes, there is seat in front where you would have a good view out the front window. If another couple is sitting in it when you get on, just politely ask and I'm sure they'd be happy to let you sit there. I hope you take dramamine? My friend gets horrible motion sickness too, but she takes that before the flight and has no problem on the bus. It's really not a bad drive. The bus is pretty small and the road isn't bad.

This is also my first time to Jamaica - besides Dunns River Falls which we will DEF be doing, what other things do you recommend seeing/doing outside of the resort? Just looking for some suggestions. We are such Couples' bums that we rarely leave the resort anymore..LOL! But we have done the ziplining which is really fun!

Thank you all in advance for answering my silly questions!! I am sure I'll be on here all the time as we get even closer! YAY!!!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Sorry, but you can only get the newlywed benefits if you have been married in the last 30 days and then you need proof.

The buses they use are more like mini-vans and yes there is a seat up front. Just let them know of your condition and they will gladly let you sit up front.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

We went to CSS last year and stayed in the one bedroom view with balcony and were up in the cliffs. We were in room G10 and we had a great view of the sunset. I liked being up on the cliffs because we did get a bit more exercise walking up and down the stairs then we would have if we stayed closer to the ocean.
    We did the Dunn's River Falls and it was a lot of fun. We also went zip lining (canopy tour) which wasn't included but was worth the extra money. We booked through Chukka Tours and they were very safe an professional.
    Have a great time. Going to CTI in 27 days. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by catla View Post
    We will be there the same time, 8/2 through 8/8. We are also in early 30's and celebrating our 3rd anniversary. Had to respond b/c of same time.

We went last year and stayed in same room category that you are in and we were up on the cliffs, amazing. As for the trip from the airport, I get motion sick and I was completely fine. The scenery and excitement of getting to the resort will likely take over.

Cant speak to the rest of the questions, as we only left the resort for jet skis (I do not recommend), although we plan to do Dunns River this time.

Anyway, I hope you have a great time. We have never gone to the same place twice, like we are this summer with CSS. Have a blast, enjoy and relax.
    Catla - thanks for replying and YAY for being there at the same time! Are you staying in the same room category again? Maybe we can meet up while we're there for a drink We are also going to do Dunns River Falls - cannot WAIT!!!