Default leaving soon - help with ipod question please!

Going to CN for the first time this week and sooooo excited. I really want to bring my ipod but don't know how to charge it (I only ever do it by plugging in the cord to my computer at home).

Can anyone tell me (and please be specific about anything i need since I'm obviously not technical) if I can charge it while there and if I need to bring anything.

I was not planning on bringing my laptop b/c i don't know how to get internet on it unless I'm at home (pathetic i know). Not sure if I'll need to bring it just to be able to charge up my ipod?

Please help! Thanks so much!

There are docking stations that fit your iPod, which will charge as you play it aloud (it did our Ipod Nano). Enjoy

If the room's alarm clock has an iPod doc (I hear they do at CSA, not sure about CN) that charges, then you would just place it on the doc.

If not, then you would need to purchase an AC charger. One end goes into the wall outlet and the other into the bottom of your iPod. Search "iPod charger" on Amazon and you will see a ton. Example: http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Wall-Ch...1574829&sr=8-4

You need a wall outlet charger. Pick one up before you go. They sell them for Ipods. Also, it might take a bit longer to charge than here in the states. Jamaica is 50 Hz.

Relax and have fun

Most iPods will charge on the alarm clock/docking station. The iTouch will play on this, but will not charge. I have an older 4GB mini and it works just fine--plays and charges. You can always go to any electronics store and get a wall charger.

Attachment 3730

One thing you should know is it depends on the IPOD you have. If you have the older version (Although not that old that is what they call it) then it charges one way…. If you have a “new” version such as the IPhone, IPOD touch (second generation) and I think a few others, they require a different cable.

So to what Tallman said, it sounds like if you have one of the original versions you should be all set . If however you have a newer version You will need to do as Beach-bum suggested and get an adapter.

My recommendation to be safe is to buy an adapter they sell them at virtually any “electronics” store Best Buy, Radio Shack etc…. and usually cost about $20. This way you can test it here in the US to be 100% certain your Ipod will charge and you can use it at any future time also.

Default thanks but still not sure - can someone verify

thanks so much for your answers - as much as i really appreciate them, I'm getting told different things so i'm still confused! Can anyone verify for sure that all the rooms at CN have this ipod charger?

If not, then i'll need to go out and get the wall charger some of you are telling me i need - today's my last day to do shopping before we go so i'd really appreciate knowing for sure if i need one!

Thanks so much in advance!!

I should have mentioned we were in a Garden Suite at CN, which had the iPod docking station.

The rooms at CN have ipod docking stations. As long as you do not have an iphone or itouch, it should work just fine.
    Have a great trip. CN is amazing!

What version/type of Ipod do you have? The docks do not work with shuffles or gen 1 or gen 2 regular ipods. Does yours have that rectangular flat connection on the bottom or does it change via USB/Firewire?

About a year ago, Couples changed out the old cd/radio/alarm clocks in every room... at all resorts... and replaced them with the ipod/radio/alarm clocks. For those of you with non-Apple players, fear not.

On the back of the unit, there is an AUX IN jack. All you need is a male-to-male patch cord that will plug into the AUX IN jack and into the earplug jack of your player, be it an MP3 player or portable cd player. We found our cable at BestBuy, usually available for from $10-$15.

If you're still worried, just pack your charger and plug it in.

Enjoy!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Default thanks!

thank you, thank you! i have an ipod nano (recently bought - but not touch screen so i'm assuming old generation?)....and I'm staying in a garden deluxe at CN so it sounds like i'll be able to charge it there.

thanks for the info! i'm counting the hours....

Quote Originally Posted by lilou View Post
    thank you, thank you! i have an ipod nano (recently bought - but not touch screen so i'm assuming old generation?)....and I'm staying in a garden deluxe at CN so it sounds like i'll be able to charge it there.

thanks for the info! i'm counting the hours....
    All Nano's will work, I have a first gen nano that I still use daily, it will be fine.