Hybrid View

Default Candid review of December stay at CSA

Let me start out by saying we are already booked for December of 2010! This year was our third visit to CSA. Starting off with the bus ride, it was the fastest trip ever even with some constuction going on. Not a lot of traffic on Sunday. Our check in was flawless. Our housekeeping staff seemed to know us because our daughter and son in law were in the same building a week prior to our arrival. All the employees were as plesent as we remembered. A special thanks to Marlon on the snorkel team, and to Richard , a new employee working on the beach in the morning, he always had a smile and a greeting when we seen him in the morning. Our food experiance was fine, only complaint in that area was at the beach party the lines were long and it was impossible to skip some stations for the ones we wanted. Feathers was great, Lemongrass and the Martini bar were one of our favorites. We love the place and and are counting down to our next visit, we are bringing another couple with us next year. Here are the bad points. Some of the public areas need some attention, Loose fixtures in bathrooms, etc. The Float matts on the beach are getting worn. Logos are faded and they show ware. I don't know if it has always been the case, but I noticed the bottles of Alcohol in the room are 40 proof instead od 80. They have never had my drink of choice in the room either, there is rum,gin,vodka,scotch, but no whiskey of any kind. We are counting the days until next December.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazu View Post
    They have never had my drink of choice in the room either, there is rum,gin,vodka,scotch, but no whiskey of any kind. We are counting the days until next December.
    Wow, since when is Scotch not a whiskey????

Default Scotch vs Whiskey

Scotch of course is type of whiskey, but my drink of choice is a simple bourbon blend or Crown Royal. They do have these at the bars , so I don't go without! A very small compaint on my part not having it in the room,we are still counting the days until December 3,2010

I love scotch. Scotch, scotch, scotch. Scotch in my tummy!

Scotch is whisky; everything else is whiskey (note the spelling.) As a member of the Scotch Malt Whisky Society, I drink only the finest of the single malts. But when I'm in Jamaica, I give my taste buds a change of pace and stick with rum.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Scotch and whiskey...no, they are different or else they would have have the same name.

We were recently (two weeks ago) at CSS and it was a week of heaven. I would like to say that the floaties were very worn... VERY worn. We never found one that looked remotely new... and the "Couples" logo is pretty much gone from all of them. Is there plans to replace these soon? They are an integral part of our beach time, they are wonderful to put on the loungers when laying there on the beach, and then it's great to take them out to the water with us to float on. Thanks!

I agree about the floats! They are in BAD shape! That being said, I can't wait to get there in March!