Thread: CSS Dining

Default CSS Dining

On my last all inclusive vacation in Mexico the restaurants did not have mixed drinks and/or bottles of wine/beer when we had dinner, not even in the places that required reservations. At CSS can we order a cocktail or bottle of wine directly from our waiter? Also the sit down restaurants still had buffet salad/appetizer/desserts - is that true at CSS?

You order your drinks directly from your waiter. If you ask for wine they will typically just pour you a glass and keep topping you up. But you can ask them to leave the bottle - no problem, we did this most evenings. For dinner at Casanova and Palazzina all courses are waiter served.

You can definitely have drinks at your table or a bottle of wine. There are bar servers, who are different than the waiters, who just take your drink orders.

Not all of the sit-down restaurants have the buffet style app/salad/dessert. Casanova and Bella Vista are order off the menu, while Pallazina has both menu and buffet.

Check out the sample menus here: http://couples.com/14cs/44diningCS.htm

Hope this helps!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

When there last August, we were able to get drinks and wine from our waiter at all of the restaurants. Salads and dessert are menu only items at the Cassonova. The buffet was only at the Palazina, but that was huge at all three meals.

We were at CSS in Janaury.

Palazzina - breakfast and lunch buffet. You can get drinks from your waiter, including beer and wine. Champagne and bloody Mary station for breakfast. For dinner (reservations required) you order off of the menu (no buffet at dinner). Again, you can get any drink you want, including wine, beer, and cocktails.

Bella Vista - for lunch, you order off the menu, but they also have a small salad and soup bar. This is the beach restaurant, so you can get whatever you want to drink from the beach bar. At night, this is the only restaurant that does not require a reservation. However, if you get there early, you can get a primo table on the beach. At night, you order ala carte from the menu. Again, you can get whatever drink you want.

Casanova - formal dinner reservation restaurant. You order off the menu. They will leave you a wine bottle if you ask, but honestly, the service here is so attentive, our wine glasses never even got close to being empty. For a particularly memorable dinner, try to get seating on the terrace.

I just glanced thru the sample menus for all the CSS restaurants and am a bit worried... I am a picky eater and don't eat a lot of the stuff offered...hell, I didn't even RECOGNIZE a lot of the stuff offered LOL... the odd thing is, the in-room sample menu seemed a lot simpler and I'd eat nearly anything off of that! Do you think the restaurants will keep things plain and simple for me, or will I be given a hard time?

I also just read that you cannot wear open-toed shoes at Casanova? Are they strict about that? All I was planning on packing were dressy sandals... ???

RisiLeigh~

You can wear dress sandals, but the men have to wear closed-toe shoes at Casanova.
    Wendy

RisiLeigh,
    I also am a picky eater & am the queen of special ordering !! I have never had a problem changing menu items to my liking at any of the Couples resorts. Just tell them how you want something prepared & I am sure they will accommodate you.

Jackie

Quote Originally Posted by RisiLeigh View Post
    I just glanced thru the sample menus for all the CSS restaurants and am a bit worried... I am a picky eater and don't eat a lot of the stuff offered...hell, I didn't even RECOGNIZE a lot of the stuff offered LOL... the odd thing is, the in-room sample menu seemed a lot simpler and I'd eat nearly anything off of that! Do you think the restaurants will keep things plain and simple for me, or will I be given a hard time?

Risi - the men cannot wear open toed sandals at Casanova; the ladies can wear sandals.

Regarding being a picky eater, the menus do change all the time. I'm assuming you've at least tried jerk chicken or pork? This is available every day at lunch at the beach bar. However, if the idea of trying new items just freaks you out, you might want to reconsider going to a foreign country for your vacation. Even the beef will taste different than it does in the U.S. We were at CSS in January, and my husband, who is allergic to fish, had no problem finding plenty of food to eat. Keep in mind that Palazzina has a buffet for breakfast and lunch, with many "American" items, such as cold cuts and salads.

We just returned from CSS Sunday. Seven nights of unforgettable food and drink. The only change we noticed this year was Cassonva Rest. had nightly specials in addition to their main menu. Palazzini rest. did change to a buffet style appetizer and salad bar. Worked out better for us. They had seasoned boiled shrimp, cevechi, assorted cheeses, meats, steak tar tar, roasted veggies, ect. Everything else is ordered from the menu.

Quote Originally Posted by BobandJudy View Post

Regarding being a picky eater, the menus do change all the time. I'm assuming you've at least tried jerk chicken or pork? This is available every day at lunch at the beach bar. However, if the idea of trying new items just freaks you out, you might want to reconsider going to a foreign country for your vacation. Even the beef will taste different than it does in the U.S. We were at CSS in January, and my husband, who is allergic to fish, had no problem finding plenty of food to eat. Keep in mind that Palazzina has a buffet for breakfast and lunch, with many "American" items, such as cold cuts and salads.
    Oh, I have no problems trying new foods. We have been to other countries before. It just sort of freaked me out that a lot of the stuff on the sample menus I could not even identify, or recognize. Like ok, they have a filet of beef, but then its served w/ pumpkin such-and-such... I dont like pumpkin, so I assume I could get it on the side? Thats all I meant Thank you for your honesty!

Quote Originally Posted by JackieMRP View Post
    RisiLeigh,
    I also am a picky eater & am the queen of special ordering !! I have never had a problem changing menu items to my liking at any of the Couples resorts. Just tell them how you want something prepared & I am sure they will accommodate you.

Jackie
    Thanks, Jackie!!! Appreciate it!