Default Same sex couples at CN

I know that I have read several posts in the past regarding same sex couples, but I was not able to find them on my search, they may have been on the old message board. So I am hoping that some one can help me out.

We have some very good friends that would like to join us on our vacation this summer to CN who are celebrating their 10th anniversary this year and they are a same sex couple. From what I can remember reading this is not a problem at Couples. I truly hope that this is the case, does anyone know what the policy is?

Thanks,

Karin

Randymon has stated that Couples is for all couples in love. The problem is that same sex coulles are generally not accepoted by the Jamaican people. If they go on any off resort excursions, they should act accordingly. There should be not problems on the resort. By all means, bring them along.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Couples does not discriminate; same-sex couples are welcome. However, Jamaica, like most of the Caribbean Islands, is not homosexual friendly, and laws criminalizing homosexual acts still exist in Jamaica. If your friends choose to accompany you, they will not be treated with disrespect or discourtesy by members of the Couples' staff, but they might want to avoid public displays of affection while not on resort property.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie View Post
    I know that I have read several posts in the past regarding same sex couples, but I was not able to find them on my search, they may have been on the old message board. So I am hoping that some one can help me out.

We have some very good friends that would like to join us on our vacation this summer to CN who are celebrating their 10th anniversary this year and they are a same sex couple. From what I can remember reading this is not a problem at Couples. I truly hope that this is the case, does anyone know what the policy is?

Thanks,

Karin
    I recently read same sex couples is not permitted at CN, however it is permitted at CSA..Best bet would be to call and confirm.
    Kevin

Not an issue for me one way or the other but I thought I had read somewhere on this site last year that Couples was for "traditional" couples. Can't find it anywhere on the site now though. Has this changed recently or am I misremembering?

KC&JC and JJ-JD

NO! Randymon stated recently in a post on this board that same sex couples are welcome at ALL Couples resorts!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Quote Originally Posted by JJ-JD View Post
    Not an issue for me one way or the other but I thought I had read somewhere on this site last year that Couples was for "traditional" couples. Can't find it anywhere on the site now though. Has this changed recently or am I misremembering?
    There was a time when Couples defined a couple as "any man and woman in love". That was a long time ago however and the resorts now welcome all couples without regard to their sexual orientation.

From Randymon's recent "rants" on hot button topics:

"2. Same Sex Couples: YES! Couples Resorts welcomes ALL couples in love. Having said that, homosexuality is illegal in Jamaica so the destination is not viewed as gay-friendly."
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Thanks everyone, that is what I thought. I do know that Jamaica, as most of the Caribbean are not homosexual friendly and they do understand that. Even though it is more widely accepted here in the states, they are still very careful about PDA's as they do not want to offend, irrate or make anyone uncomfortable, so that is not a problem.

Thank you Wally, I thought I had read that but I just wanted to make sure. And no offense Kevin, but why would it be ok at CSA and not at CN? Just asking, as CN is our favorite place.

Peace.

All couples are allowed. NB that homosexuality is illegal in Jamaica; any PDA particularly off-resort will not be welcomed to say the least and may incur an openly hostile reaction at the worst. We were at CTI and met a lesbian couple--I detected a somewhat chilly reaction from the photographer in the restaurant at the time.

I believe a recent visitor to CSA (Nashvegas and if I am incorrect please forgive me) may have posted a review both here and on Tripadvisor. We have seen same sex couples at CN and all was irie Mon Enjoy
    Ya Mon

Jamaica in NOT a gay friendly country. A couple of years ago we were talking to our driver about gay travel in Jamaica and he said that gays (known as Batty Man) are really not welcome. The local gays are sometimes beaten and usually treated with much disrespect. If you are a Jamaican gay, life is not easy and moving to a different country, if at all possible, is what most hope to do.

Having said that... would I feel uneasy with gays and "singles" at Couples? Maybe. I have gay friends (in a committed relationship) who travel quite a bit and would I recommend a destination that would make them feel uncomfortable? No, especially if there is a chance that they would be treated badly and with disrespect. But... if they really wanted to go, and Couples was the place for them - then that would be their choice... or Couples, if they allow same sex couples at their resorts.

Here is your answer straight from Randymon!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems that every so often I am compelled to restate our position on a few topics which keep rearing up their ugly heads, so here I go:

1. Public Displays of Affection: NO! Couples Resorts does not condone nor will we tolerate any display of public sexual activity. Guests caught participating in such behavior will be asked to leave the resort immediately without any compensation. If having sex in public is your thing, then Hedonism Resorts would be a better fit for you. Bottomline? Keep it in your room.

2. Same Sex Couples: YES! Couples Resorts welcomes ALL couples in love. Having said that, homosexuality is illegal in Jamaica so the destination is not viewed as gay-friendly.

3. Singles: YES! Couples Resort does accept a minimum number (5% of the total group count)of single guests when they are traveling as part of a wedding party. There is no discount for single guests. Every piece of collateral we produce talks about and shows couples only. The number of singles on property at any given time is insignificant to the overall resort population.

4. Tipping: NO! Tipping is NOT permitted to any Couples Resorts staff. The only on-property exception is in the spa where 10-15% gratuity is normal. At the airport, porters require a tip if you chose to use one - $1 per bag is customary. Drivers for your transfers are not Couples Resorts staff so you may tip them, but not required.

5. Specific Rooms, Buildings or Floor requests: NO! As a result of daily arrivals and departures, it is impossible for us to guarantee any specific room number, building or floor. Rooms are assigned upon arrival and we will do whatever we can to accommodate you at that time. Coming with an expectation of a specific room assignment may only serve to unnecessarily disappoint you at the start of your vacation. This applies to all reservations, even if you or your travel agent request it or note it in the reservation.

6. Message Board Etiquette: C'mon Folks! Be Nice! Enough of the nasty comments and personal attacks when someone asks a simple question.

From the Forum Rules: http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/misc.php?do=showrules "The Couples Message Board is for polite, thoughtful discussion and inquiries about Couples Resorts only. Posts that are abusive, off subject, silly, containing personal attacks, threats, name calling libels, illegal activities, or hate group messages will not be allowed. By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws."

Message board moderators will become more aggressive in rejecting posts that we - in our sole discretion - feel are inappropriate and unhelpful. Continued negative posts by any individual will result in banning you from posting the message board.

Further - we know the temptation exists to try to compare our resorts with resort companies, to promote your specific travel agent and/or tour operator. Again, from the Forum Rules - "Couples Resorts reserves the right to reject or edit posts for any reason, but specifically prohibits naming other resorts or resort chains, travel agent or tour companies, other destinations, offsite and/or third party vendors/service providers and other websites or links."

7. Ok - one more. Its Sans Souci, not San Souci. :-)

Ok - Off my Soapbox.
    Kristen

This should answer your question. Direct from Randymon

http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=3881
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

I was at CSA last August last Aug and saw a few same sex couples. As randymon has said, all couples are welcome, but the same can't be said off the resort.

There was a lesbian couple at CSA when we visited there last year and it was no big deal.

There was a same sex couple at CN last October while we were there. I think Wally's post is correct.

While visiting CSS in 2007, we saw several same sex couples at the resort.
    No problem.
    Barb

We met a lovely girl/girl couple at CSS a couple of weeks ago. No problem, they are in love just like anybody else.

This is taken from a post Randymon made on December 2nd. I think he titled it "Hot Button Topics":

"2. Same Sex Couples: YES! Couples Resorts welcomes ALL couples in love. Having said that, homosexuality is illegal in Jamaica so the destination is not viewed as gay-friendly."

Hope this helps!

Same sex couples are welcome at all of the resorts. I would think the the east side resorts, CSS and CTI, would be a better choice because the are more private and not on a public beach.
    Irie Mon

I would just like to thank Blondie for opening this thread. We will be visiting CN in just a few short days for the first time and chose it based on the immense amount of great reviews, many of which we found on this message board (yes, we have been reading it somewhat addictively as the trip gets closer ). While we are sure we are going to have a great time, we hadn't been able to find any posts on this subject and are happy to hear that CN will be open and welcoming to this female couple.