Default Couple Negril room question??

We are going to be booking our Honeymoom to CN very soon... we're torn on what room category to choose. Are the Beachfront rooms really worth splurging on?? Are they all beach "walk-out" rooms? What are some of the differences?

Thanks for the help

Buildings 1 thru 5 are what I consider the Tropical Garden side and buildings 6 thru 9 the open ocean side.

Attachment 3780

None of the buildings actually have a full ocean facing view.

If you want to splurge go for a Beachfront Suite.

Personally we enjoy a Deluxe Garden room on the 2nd floor but we all have our own preferences.
    Last edited by RDYJMJM; January 13th, 2010 at 07:02 PM.

I agree with Rdyjmjm, we booked a gardenview both of our trips, but having said that, being it is your honeymoon..... splurge on either the garden suite or the beachfront suite......you only honeymoon once!

We booked the gardenview suite and stayed in Block 8...we LOVED it...we splurged too...it was so close to the beach as well...let me know if you want to see some pics...you can e-mail me at ddub325@gmail.com

dandpdub

We had room 8207.

Attachment 3785
    Last edited by RDYJMJM; January 13th, 2010 at 07:02 PM.

Please know that the beachfront ROOMS and the gardenview ROOMS are exactly the same room inside. Neither room looks directly at the ocean We have stayed in both and I say -save your money and book a gardenview room. You are going to love it. The beachfront suites and gardenview suites are much bigger but much more expensive.

There are two kinds of rooms/suites at Couples Negril. All rooms are the same and all suites are the same, except for location. The Beachfront Rooms only have a partial veiw of the beach and ocean. As you can see by the map above, none of the buildings face the ocean. The Garden Veiw rooms may have a partial veiw of the beach and ocean. Since you won't be spending much time in the room, the extra expense for a Beachfront Room may not be worth it. However, we always get the Beachfront Room when we're at CN. It really doesn't cost that much more
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

We have been to CN twice and stayed in bldg 2 once and bldg 3 the second time, both in Garden Suites. Very nice rooms that are plenty close to the beach, water sports and the main pool (CN is very compact). We actually enjoyed the bit of seclusion when sitting out on the veranda overlooking at the wonderful gardens. All rooms at CN have a minibar now, which is a nice touch.

I would recommend this room without hesitation, and would say you could probably stay an extra day (or two) staying in this room at the same price as beach front rooms. I really like this idea!! In any event, congratulations on your wedding, and have a great trip.

If you can afford it, I'd splurge for a suite. Gardenview suites are fine. If you can't afford the extra $$, I'd probably go with a gardenview room and spend the extra on spa treatments, a beach dinner, excursions, etc.

I have the same question for my honeymoon plans! I'm ready to book but I can't decide which room to book!
    Is there a huge difference between the beachfront deluxe vs the beachfront suites? I don't think we need more space, but I would like to be on the 2nd floor or 3rd(if there is one).
    Is there still a view of the ocean from the Garden rooms?

Can I request not to be on the 1st floor?
    thanks!

We also believe in getting a suite. we were in a garden suite in building 8...it was awesome....you get a personal dinner served in your room or on your balcony if you book a suite....Congrats!

Thank you all so much! We are so excited!

RDYJMJM:

We were in 8107

Default suite versus room

We stayed in a suite last January. In touring the buildings the only differences we noted were that the bathrooms in the suites are HUGE with jaccuzzi tub, separate shower and 2 sinks versus the small bathrooms & tubs viewed in the deluxe rooms. I believe that the suite balconeys are twice as long as well.
    I did not know that the suites offered a private in-room diner though. I believe that you can request which floor your prefer as well as which building but it is not a sure bet and depends on availability. We did not hear a single negative remark from anyone that we spoke to about their room, the beach, the pool, the activities or the food. Everyone looked so happy all the time. We cannot wait to return this January!

When you check in, you can request not to be on the 1st floor. They will do everything they can to accomidate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimnmariann View Post
    When you check in, you can request not to be on the 1st floor. They will do everything they can to accomidate you.
    For our trip in November, I had made a comment on the reservation itself, asking for third floor. Though I know they can't guarantee it, we did get what we had requested. We had a deluxe oceanview (8301) and absolutely LOVED it. It is worth it to put it on the reservation. If you have made the reservation, maybe you can try the contact us link and give the reservation number and see if that works. Otherwise, when you get there, they will do all they can to accomodate your request

Hello! We have stayed in a garden suite, building 9...it was lovely! Loved the extra large balcony and the hammock. Last year we stayed in a beachfront room, first floor building 6 and it was INCREDIBLE!!!! Steps from the beach, sand right outside our patio. I know they can't always honor requests, but I'm hooked on that room. I will always book a beachfront room (not suite, though) at CN and probably humbly request building 6.

That being said, all the buildings and rooms are so close to the beach. And the grounds and gardens are so beautiful...you honestly can't go wrong. Many people choose to use the money a suite would cost and stay an extra night. I totally understand that choice and think its a smart way to go.

We have stayed at CN 4 times always the Delux Ocean category.

1x in building 7
    1x in Building 8
    2x in Building 9

We are active people and want to get as much vacation in as possible, so we dont spend a lot of time in the room. What we like about Couples is it doesnt matter what category your room is, the service is the same for all guests.

dandpdub

We didn't keep you awake did we?

Great location and if you were watching at the right time the Mongoose would sneak over to the pond.

I missed the mongoose but will have to look this year....what is the "right time"?

Quote Originally Posted by octbride View Post
    We are going to be booking our Honeymoon to CN very soon... we're torn on what room category to choose. Are the Beachfront rooms really worth splurging on?? Are they all beach "walk-out" rooms? What are some of the differences?

Thanks for the help
    .....We had an "Ocean View" (nice View) in room 9306. On a note, all of the rooms are pretty much alike. Just the balcony views are different. The 3rd floor rooms have the best views, but there are those 36 steps to climb!! On the other hand, the 1st floor rooms offer no privacy at all from passersby.

Default Garden room questions - CN

My fiance' and I are headed to CN Jan. 23rd and can not wait to get out of this freezing weather in NYC - we want to make sure we request the best option for our Garden room. We didn't spurlge for an ocean view or suite but we want to make sure the location is quiet, safe and comfortable.
    Any block suggestions for us?
    Also, should I call in advance to make this request or can we do it when we check in? Any help is appreciated!

jaccat 15 - I think all the garden room locations are quiet, safe and comfortable. We have stayed in several different garden view rooms and loved them all. You made a good choice. We use to get the higher priced rooms but realized there is not much difference especially in location.
    You can request a block or room at check-in and they will try to help you. I like the bottom floor but many people prefer the upper floors. Don't worry. You are going to love it! It's all good

Quote Originally Posted by jaccat15 View Post
    My fiance' and I are headed to CN Jan. 23rd and can not wait to get out of this freezing weather in NYC - we want to make sure we request the best option for our Garden room. We didn't spurlge for an ocean view or suite but we want to make sure the location is quiet, safe and comfortable.
    Any block suggestions for us?
    Also, should I call in advance to make this request or can we do it when we check in? Any help is appreciated!
    ....1st, I don't think it really make any difference. They're all going to be good. A 1st floor gives easy access, but little privacy. A 3rd floor gives a better view, but there ARE those 36 steps to climb! And I don't think you can really request a room or building ahead of time. We went with my daughter and her fiance. We got building #9, and they got Building #5, on the opposite side of the resort.

For our honeymoon we spent 2 nites in a Beachfront suite and the other 5 nites in a Deluxe ocean.