Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

that video is amazing. I have to admit I watched it because we were there about that time and I was wondering if we were in it. After the first minute I didnt care. Your photos and editing skills are excellent. It is sure a tear jerker if you truly love Jamaica

Wonderful... You captured it so nicely...

Cant wait to go home again....

Awesome!!! We'll be there in 25 days...can't wait to sleep on the beach after a few mid-afternoon drinks!
    Patti

Great video really enjoyed it! Was there the same week as you now counting down till our next trip. 336 days to go.

Quote Originally Posted by jamaica_hooked View Post
    Great video! Who sings Your My Jamaica? Love that song!
    Hi all,

Wow - thanks for all the compliments! I really enjoyed creating this.

Jamaica hooked: Believe it or not, Charlie Pride sings that song! Great, isn't it??

Beergirl

Aside from songs written by Bob Marley this song has to be one of the best written about Jamaica.

No wonder many have picked it as their theme song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpBXEXVq6BY

You're My Jamaica by Charlie Pride words

Every day I read ads in the paper saying come to the island.

(come to the island)CHORUS SINGS

Bikinied ladies, sweet rum drinks, they'll keep you smiling.

(down in the island) CHORUS SINGS

I've got calypso music on the record at home.

When it comes to the warmth and sunshine, I got my own.

You're my Jamaica, you where I want to be.
    You're my island when I'm being tossed on a stormy sea.
    A heavenly haven, where I can spend eternity.You're my Jamaica, you're paradise to me.
    White sun and sands, palm trees and tans it sounds so inviting.

(sounds so inviting)CHORUS SINGS

Limbo dancin, starlight romancin, it's all so exciting.

(come on down, come on down, come on down) CHORUS SINGS

I've got my flowery shirt and rum punch in my hand.

And my own exotic lover in my native land.

A heavenly haven, where I can spend eternity.
    You're my Jamaica, you're paradise to me.

A heavenly haven, where I can spend eternity.
    You're my Jamaica, you're paradise to me.

Catch the tune and you'll start singing it everyday.

Brought back lovely memories. I caught two CSA photos!!

I love it! Great video too!

Hey Beergirl,

My husband and I will be back home to CN in 91 days!!!! This will be our 4th trip. I noticed a picture of the kitchen with all the desserts. How do you go about getting a tour of the kitchen?

Thanks,
    Myapapya
    One Love,
    Mya

Beergirl - what a great video! Seriously wondering now if we should check out CN this time around. We want to know please - what kind of room did you stay in?

Hi BeerGirl,

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Video!!! Really Nice & Loved the Music too!!! And OMG Thank You for the Cameo Appearance!!! Very Nice!!!
    Hubby Loved it too!!!
    Great Seeing You Again - Happy 2010!!!
    Art xo Francine

Quote Originally Posted by Lisaroy View Post
    Great video really enjoyed it! Was there the same week as you now counting down till our next trip. 336 days to go.
    Hi Lisa - It was Great to see you again!!! Hope the New Year treats you and yours Very Well!!!!
    Art xo Francine

Quote Originally Posted by Beergirl View Post
    Hi all,

Wow - thanks for all the compliments! I really enjoyed creating this.

Jamaica hooked: Believe it or not, Charlie Pride sings that song! Great, isn't it??

Beergirl
    ....Yep, love this song.

Jim and Jean.......THANK YOU for providing us with the words! I am totally hooked on Beergirl's video! My Hubby and I are coming Home in 25 days, Good Lord willing! Gary's having some complications from lung cancer again. When I heard this song, I realized he truly is MY Jamaica, even if we can't make it back! Now can someone tell me how I can 'save' this video someplace else on my computer for eternity?

wiwistle

The song "You're My Jamaica" was the theme song for the 2006 April Fools of Couples Negril. You may have heard about the famous green hats.

The thing about this song is that when you hear it you have to start singing it. Around the swim up bar, on the Catamaran cruise, during entertainment hour. Any place that you are at when the song plays>> you sing along.

To save the site simply click on the heart on top of the UTUBE page and save it to your favorites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpBXEXVq6BY

The link is on this site also...http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JamaicanMeCrazy/

You're my Jamaica. You're where I want to be.
    Last edited by RDYJMJM; February 20th, 2010 at 05:38 PM.

Hi Francine,
    Thanks for being my dance partner on stage and all your help at Bingo! We are book for Dec 2010 but I know u will also be there in April. Have a Happy and Healthy New Year. Cousin says hello!

Quote Originally Posted by Myapapya View Post
    Hey Beergirl,
    How do you go about getting a tour of the kitchen?

Thanks,
    Myapapya
    Hi Myapapya,

Look in your weekly schedule when you get there. Unless it's changed, it's listed on Tuesdays at 11 am. Meet by the Cassava Terrace bar. You get a little print-out telling of all the eggs, meat, etc. they go through in a week - very interesting!

Musicalrose,
    We always just stay in a first floor garden room - this year was 2103. They're always nice, and we're in our room so little, it doesn't pay to upgrade. We got upgraded to a suite once for a few days, and, while it was nice, we didn't feel like it was worth the extra money.

Wiwhistle,
    If you're that interested, email me at ka6321 at aol.com, and I'll send it to you. I do these videos for all our vacations and bore the inlaws with them!! Just put CN video in the subject line, and I'll know it's from you.

Beergirl

For me, 54 more "sleeps" until this newbie gets to experience everything that I've read & viewed. Your video was excellent! The song was perfect! Thank you for sharing and adding to my excitement. Everyone that I talk to, that has been to Jamaica in general, absolutely loved it and says that Jamaica is their favorite locale out of all the places they've traveled to. I already expect that I'll feel the same way! Temps in PA are only going to be between 16 - 25 degrees this week.

Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart, Brenda!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2