Thread: CN versus CSA

Default CN versus CSA

Loved Couples Negril last year. Thinking about trying Swept Away this year. What's difference besides larger with almost 100 more rooms?

We were at CSA for the first time in Dec 2009. We thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of this beautiful, well run resort. We went to CN for one day during our stay. We enjoy the villa type builings at a resort, like CSA has, compared to the hotel like structure of the buildings at CN. The grounds at CSA are far more extensive than at CN, and therefore, walks around the propety, day and night, are just that much nicer. But for us, the biggest difference was the beach. The beach at CN, at least when we were there for the day, had quite a bit of sea weed in the water, CSA had absolutely no sea weed at all. At CN, even when you went out to the buoy markers, you were still only waist deep, whereas at CSA, it was about 7 feet deep out at the markers. The sand is also much wider at CSA.

We are going to CSS for the first time in February, as we want to have some time at SSB. Even though we really enjoy the A/N experience on a vacation, the next time we go to the Negril side of Jamaica, it will be to CSA, not to CN. For us, it is just that much of a nicer resort!

Quote Originally Posted by ginnykeith View Post
    Loved Couples Negril last year. Thinking about trying Swept Away this year. What's difference besides larger with almost 100 more rooms?
    you can get nekkid at cn
    csa is also on long bay so much more to see if you walk the beach

CSA has more rooms but it also has a lot more space. CN felt crowded to us and a bit claustrophobic on our day pass there. Maybe it would not have felt that way if we went there first, but after a few days at CSA with its incredibly long beach and huge roped off swim area, CN just wasn't for us.

I went to CN and CSA in December. I had been to CSA three times and this was our first visit to CN. Couples Negril was beautiful. I really liked our room and it's decor. The beach was smaller than CSA and seemed more crowded (due to the size). The property was a lot smaller and everything was centrally located. I did not like the food at CN as much as at CSA. I felt that a lot of food was fried. CN is definitely beautiful! I just prefer CSA. CSA is more spread out. If you don't like walking long distances just request a centrally located room. Our room was in the center of the property along the beach path. We were close to everything. I love walking the property at night while listening to the tree frogs. The beach is longer so it feels less congested. The food is delicious. My husband and I look forward to eating the Sweet potato chips at Sea Grapes and at Lemon grass all year! The sports complex across the road is amazing! I recommend going to see it-even if you don't workout. A few couples were at the lap pool daily just to lay out and spend some quiet time together. The beach party at CSA is a lot of fun and the repeat guest dinner is amazing.

I am sure you will love CSA! It is an amazing property with something for everyone!

I just posted a review and compared CN to CSA quite a bit. You may want to check it out ("longest review ever - CSS and CSA split Dec 09"). We were big fans of CN and now we love CSA, too!
    Melea & Joseph
    CN - '06, '07, '08
    CSS and CSA - '09
    CSA - '10

Try CSA. Variety is the spice of life. Also, you won't know which one you like better if you don't try. I think a big difference is the rooms at CSA are really classic looking. All wood and white linens. You will love CSA. We do.

Here are some quick differences:

CN - Sits in Bloody Bay which it shares with 3 other resorts and public beach access. Separate section of main beach used for nude sunbathing. Individual buildings throughout the resort for the rooms. All on beach level. Somewhat spread out. Huge main pool with swim-up bar. Rooms decorated in bright colors. 24 hour room service only in select room categories and it must be ordered a day in advance. All rooms have mini bars.

CSA - Sits on 7 mile beach. Separate buildings for rooms that are cabana like, dark wood and white linens. Resort is spread out along the beach but all on beach level. Only resort with rooms right on the beach where you can walk off your first floor patio into sand. Fantastic food. Night Club. Some rooms do not have televisions or mini bars. 5 restaurants. No nude sunbathing option. Huge sports complex across the street.

But the only way to know for sure whether or not you're missing something at CSA is to try it out! One piece of advice if you go to CSA, don't expect CN. They are both fantastic, but each is unique.

If you're still not sure, book a split stay, with CN being the second half. Or take advantage of the Trading Places program and spend the day at CSA while you're booked at CN. I am sure you will love CSA as much as we do!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015