Default Which Couples Resort?

My fiance and I are getting married May 2010 and as the groom, I am trying to find that "perfect spot" to go. I have read many reviews and at this point there is no clear winner of which resort to go with. We want to be somewhere that we can spend "couples" time together and not feel out of place. I have read that some of the resorts have AU beaches and some dont and it would be nice to have that clarified as well. We are not looking for the "Hedo resort" experience, but we do like to have a goodtime and enjoy ourselves on vacation. We went to a resort in Mexico earlier last year. Even though the resort is "topless only", in the evening up at the hot tub it became "clothing optional"! We are looking for that same experience, will we find it at "Couples"? Any help would be great! Thanks...Jason

Number 1: You will not see any Hedo acts at a Couples resort, in the AN areas or any other place. Hedo play will get you removed from the resort without refund. They do in force this rule.

Couples offers AN, not clothing optional at CSS, CN, and CTI. It is not offered at CSA. All AN areas are not on the main beach areas and are in a special private areas. Top less is allowed at the resorts, the areas it is allowed depend on the resort. Couples Tower Isle: topless sunbathing is permitted at the end of the pier off the main beach. CN and CSA topless sunbathing is allowed on the main beach. Topless is not allowed at any of the non AN swimming pools. (Have to be bottom less at the AN areas)

Couples Resorts is for Couples in Love. All love making is done in the rooms, not out in the open like Hedo. Couples Resorts has all couples unless they are part of a wedding and they are limited.

If you have any other questions please ask them.
    Last edited by jon1963; December 30th, 2009 at 12:12 PM.
    Irie Mon

Quote Originally Posted by JasonKatNOLA View Post
    My fiance and I are getting married May 2010 and as the groom, I am trying to find that "perfect spot" to go. I have read many reviews and at this point there is no clear winner of which resort to go with. We want to be somewhere that we can spend "couples" time together and not feel out of place. I have read that some of the resorts have AU beaches and some dont and it would be nice to have that clarified as well. We are not looking for the "Hedo resort" experience, but we do like to have a goodtime and enjoy ourselves on vacation. We went to a resort in Mexico earlier last year. Even though the resort is "topless only", in the evening up at the hot tub it became "clothing optional"! We are looking for that same experience, will we find it at "Couples"? Any help would be great! Thanks...Jason
    well perfect spot would require some prerequisites so since you didnt share your priorities you will get info overload...

best beach + getting nekkid CN
    best getting nekkid set up CSS
    csa getting nekkid is forbidden
    cti you get nekkid but not on a beach
    that pretty much sums up the
    i would suggest CSS great An beach pool grill setup a great combination of private time and social time based on your whims css as a resort may be the most " romantic feel as it is quite different in layout then the other 3 properties
    enjoy

Here are some quick differences:
    CTI - Completely private beach, yet small; separate island for nude sunbathing, 5 restaurants including Bayside that sits on the water; the most inclusions (Dunn's River, catamaran cruise, horseback riding in addition to the others). Only 5 buildings with rooms so the resort is very compact and intimate (though it seems like 3 since three are connected). Everything revolves around a central location. Just underwent a $30 million renovation - new rooms, new decor, new pools, etc. Fantastic food.

CSS - the newest to the Couples resort, but not the newest built. It used to be a Grand Lido then Couples bought it. Also have a completely private beach. Separate beach for nude sunbathing. Resort is spread out and built on cliffs. It's split into 3 different levels, lots of steps throughout. Lots of foliage and hidden spots. Does not offer a catamaran cruise. 3 restaurants but full menu room service. All rooms are suites with mini bars. Rooms are more hotel like as far as the decor. Wonderful massage huts.

CN - Sits in Bloody Bay which it shares with 3 other resorts and public beach access. Separate section of main beach used for nude sunbathing. Individual buildings throughout the resort for the rooms. All on beach level. Somewhat spread out. Huge main pool with swim-up bar. Rooms decorated in bright colors. 24 hour room service only in select room categories and it must be ordered a day in advance. All rooms have mini bars.

CSA - Sits on 7 mile beach. Separate buildings for rooms that are cabana like, dark wood and white linens. Resort is spread out along the beach but all on beach level. Only resort with rooms right on the beach where you can walk off your first floor patio into sand. Fantastic food. Night Club. Some rooms do not have televisions or mini bars. 5 restaurants. No nude sunbathing option. Huge sports complex across the street.

We have been to them all so don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions! I'd be happy to share our pics and maps if that would help (amy.welch@hotmail.com). Have fun!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Amy View Post
    . . . . CN - . . . . 24 hour room service only in select room categories, and it must be ordered a day in advance. . . . .
    Just to clarify, CN does not have 24-hour room service in ANY room category. Continental breakfast is available for all rooms. For the suites, in-suite dining is available for dinner only, and as Amy indicated, it must be requested a day in advance.

Under "Dining & Restaurants" on CN's web page:

Dinner:

In-Suite Dining:

[F]or guest staying in Garden Suites or Beachfront Suites, a special in-room dining menu is offered.

Must be ordered one day in advance.

Dinner can be served between 6:30pm and 9:00pm.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Quote Originally Posted by JasonKatNOLA View Post
    Hey everyone, thanks for all of the advice!

After all the research and the reviews I have read, we have decided to spend our honeymoon at.....Couples Sans Souci! This place sounds & looks great, and I cant wait!

We will be there from May 31 - Jun 7!

Would love to hear stories & see pictures for everyones trip!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
    Just to clarify, CN does not have 24-hour room service in ANY room category. Continental breakfast is available for all rooms. For the suites, in-suite dining is available for dinner only, and as Amy indicated, it must be requested a day in advance.

Under "Dining & Restaurants" on CN's web page:

Dinner:

In-Suite Dining:

[F]or guest staying in Garden Suites or Beachfront Suites, a special in-room dining menu is offered.

Must be ordered one day in advance.

Dinner can be served between 6:30pm and 9:00pm.
    Thanks Pamela! I just keep copying and pasting those blurbs so I'll make sure to change it with the correct info
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015