Default Loved CSS....will we love CTI?

Hi All,

I appreciate any advice/observations/thoughts that you could share before I go ahead and book it.....

My wife and I went to CSS about 2 years back and enjoyed it very much.
    We have already booked the flight to Jamaica and now are debating which resort to choose, and have pretty much decided on CTI. But, I need reassurance! LOL

So.....is there anything we should know that is MUCH different at CTI then at CSS, good or bad?

For those that have been to both, which did you prefer and why?

Thanks!

Rich

Is CTI different than CSS? Yes. The 2 resorts have a very different feel. Will you love CTI? Almost certainly. I have toured CSS and, from what I saw that day, I much prefer CTI. In my opinion, CTI has a more relxaed feel to it.

Don't worry, the exceptional service, food and air of relaxation that you experienced at CSS is also present at CTI. You are going to have a great time.

Both CTI and CSS are wonderful. Just don't expect the grounds thqt you had at CSS at CTI.
    Expect the same great service, great employees and great food

Sign up for trading places and you can visit CSS for the day. That should bring back some memories for you!

In my opinion, yes, you will love it just as much!!! Maybe even better!!!
    Kristen

The biggest difference that we could find, although we only did the Trading Spaces was that CSS is V---E---R---Y spread out and has lots of steps that CTI doesn't have. You probably already know that not all the rooms at CTI are suites, nor do they have the room service that CSS offers. The buildings are closer to the beach. Also if you really like Sunset Beach, the island at CTI is very nice, but the pool much smaller, and no food service, at least as of our visit. Who knows hopefully this will change as this has been a major complaint with many guests. Worse case scenario--you get there, you are really unhappy. So you talk to Mr. Henry or another manager and chances are if there is a room available, you transfer down to CSS. But chances are you will find something that you really like about it, and chances are you already have or you wouldn't be tempted to change.
    Vicky

Will you have a good time, it all depends on what you are looking for and want.

We love CTI and were not turned on by CSS. The two resorts are different and offer different things. CSS is a large resort with lots of stairs and CTI has few stairs and is smaller. CSS has a mineral pool and CTI does not. The AN area at CSS is bigger,less private and they serve food, CTI has a private island without food. Both have a pool and swim up bar. The beaches are about equal. CSS has room service and mini bars in all rooms, CTI has breakfast only and mini bars only in suites. CTI has the most off resort trips included. CTI has a cat cruise and CSS does not. CTI staff in my option is more friendly and will to serve you without asking, CSS sometimes it is hard to get service.

It is very hard to compare the resorts because they are so different and offer different things. The are all great. Just keep an open mind and not compare everything to CSS and you will have a great time.
    Irie Mon

Been to CTI 4 times CSS 2 and CN 1. CTI is tops in our opinion. More inclusions, more restaurants and the best staff. Separate piano bar that rocks and nice dance floor to dance to the band. Hope this helps.

I have found css to be very caribbean. It is beautiful and so comfortable. our first experience to Jamaica was cor. It was wonderful also except the boat. Then we discovered css and it was all we wanted. we went to the new cti this nov. for a day of trade. we found all the character gone since the remodeling. It is pretty but doesn't have the beauty of Jamaica anylonger. I am sure the service is the same and the food. But the atmosphere is what we missed.

I like CSS's atmosphere and the lush grounds more than CTI.
    CTI is lovely, but it's laid out more like a hotel, centered around the Lobby, Pools and Dining options, whereas at CSS we could roam around and it felt like we were alone sometimes, and our room was secluded and large - plus the Room Service is a big plus when you want to stay on your balcony and relax with the views and music.
    The service and food were similar ( great ) at both and the new Spa at CTI is very nice.....but I prefer CSS for the reasons stated above.

Peggy and I have stayed at both CTI and CSS and we love both very much.

It's like having two children..Both children could be different but you love both of them.

All of the four Couples Resorts are loved "best" by many guests...I can say that I love CN,CSS and CTI "best"....Have not had the pleasure of staying at CSA yet.

I can only highly recommend CTI..Will you love it like CSS?I can not answer this for you but I truly think you will enjoy CTI very much and I think you should try it and see if it also fits inside your heart along with CSS.
    Last edited by Tommywommy; February 14th, 2010 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dickie3770 View Post
    Hi All,

I appreciate any advice/observations/thoughts that you could share before I go ahead and book it.....

My wife and I went to CSS about 2 years back and enjoyed it very much.
    We have already booked the flight to Jamaica and now are debating which resort to choose, and have pretty much decided on CTI. But, I need reassurance! LOL

So.....is there anything we should know that is MUCH different at CTI then at CSS, good or bad?

For those that have been to both, which did you prefer and why?

Thanks!

Rich
    Rich,

It all depends on what you liked or disliked about CSS as to whether you'll love CTI. We have been to both and enjoyed CSS more. We enjoy a stroll through the lush vegetation at CSS in the evenings and couldn't do that at CTI. As was previously mentioned, the resort is smaller with everything being centralized...like a high rise resort. The service at both were great so if you were happy with that at CSS you'll be equally happy with CTI. Not only does CTI offer the catamaran cruise that CSS doesn't but they also offer a very nice horesback riding excursion. It can be a difficult decision to try something new when you're already satisfied with what you've had. That is why we are going to do a split stay this year between CSA and CSS...trying something new and still going to the place we love. That's something to consider. We feel it only fair to visit all the Couples properties to see what is special about each. The good thing that we've found from going to CSS, CTI and reading the message board about the other 2 (and will experience soon) is that there is no thing as a bad Couples resort. Good luck with the property you choose.

Bart & Bug

Thanks, everyone, for all the advice and thoughts.

We have decided to go ahead and book CTI, based on our feelings and those of the folks on here.

We did really enjoy CSS, but I do not think some of the differences between the two will affect us that much, and it would be cool to try something new.

We definitely are looking forward to the Cat cruise (which CSS did not have) and we may also try the horseback riding. I think we will miss the "lushness" of CSS but at the same time, we will not miss the steps, LOL.....

We are not into the AN experience, so we will not be affected by that either way. If we were, though, I think I'd choose CSS for that. Seems like it would be nice to have a beach for that.

Got lucky, too....seems there was a deal today to get 3 nights free in 2011, should we decide to go back to CTI.

And, we may very well also check out CSS again, by going for the day. We'll see....if we love CTI, we may not want to go anywhere!

Thanks again! I am sure I will be posting more questions in the near future......

Rich,

We have stayed at both and feel they are both very different. As mentioned, CTI is a high rise hotel and very small property. Everything is centered around the main hotel. We found the resort to be less romantic and didn't like the hotel feel of the resort. We also found small things like breakfast being loud and not as intimate as at CSS. CTI does not have the winding trails that we enjoyed exploring everyday.

It really boiled down to CTI not being our type of resort. We really loved CSS and have been to CN and honestly can't tell you which we like best. They are both fabulous.

If you are set on trying out CTI, I'd do what someone suggested and book a split stay. That way you are guaranteed to have a fabulous time at at least one of the resorts.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

We liked CSS - We love CTI!