Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What to do if you arrive early?

Currently our flight is supposed to arrive in MB around 11:30 am and the way I figure it we will probably be on resort by 1:30 pm. I read on the FAQ page that check in is not until 4:00 pm so what can my wife and I do until then and also what do we do with our luggage?

While I was typing the message above I also thought of this question; What's the earliest you guys have ever checked in?

Thanks in advance for the info.

The earliest we have ever checked in has been around 11:00am. No worries! Chances are that Couples will have your room ready even if you are there early. In fact, for the past few trips, we always arrive at 3pm and have gone straight to our room (Well, we go to the room, drop the bags then hit the bar and grill!). I think the 4:00p check-in is what they technically have to go by, but is rarely followed. Almost all rooms are ready when you arrive.

But if they are not ready for whatever reason, no worries mon! Couples takes care of everything! They will take care of your luggage and store it for you. (You might want to pack a swimsuit in your carry-on, just in case, so it's easy to get to). All you have to do is change into your swimsuits and head down to the bar for a drink then the grill for some food. Just wait - you are in for a treat!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

Make sure you can easily access a swimsuit and coverup. We only travel with carry-on luggage, but people who pack a lot of luggage make sure they have a swimsuit and coverup in their carry-on bag. Change into your swimsuits and head to the bar for a drink, the Beach Grill for something to eat, or directly to the beach to play in the surf or stretch your legs after the long ride by taking a long walk. There is a changing facility near the Beach Grill where you can change and shower if you'd like.

Your room might already be available; it simply depends upon occupancy and how early other guests have had to depart for the airport. There used to be an early morning flight out of JFK, and we were at the resort and in our room by noon. Enjoy
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Your not going to miss a thing arriving early. Take along your swim suits in your carry on or pack them in an easily accessible area of your suitcase. After checking in grab your suits and head for either a nearby restroom or the dressing room of the spa or gym. Put on your sunscreen, swimsuits and head for the beach. You could easily grab a bite to eat or have a beverage. Around 4:00 head back to the lobby to secure your room assignment and head back to the beach or your room.

That's a great question, and I would be interested in knowing too. We will be getting in to the airport at 9:30am, and probably getting to the resort around 11:30am--way before 4:00pm. Will they be ready for us?

Quote Originally Posted by dreamin_of_couples View Post
    Currently our flight is supposed to arrive in MB around 11:30 am and the way I figure it we will probably be on resort by 1:30 pm. I read on the FAQ page that check in is not until 4:00 pm so what can my wife and I do until then and also what do we do with our luggage?

While I was typing the message above I also thought of this question; What's the earliest you guys have ever checked in?

hit the beach ...... i am sure some folks will grab a bite to eat or walk the property or sit in the lobby gettin their drink on. Have your bathing suit easily accessable either in carry on or your main luggage change in a rest room and enjoy

We have arrived around that time before and no worries. If you room is not ready yet you can leave your bags with the front desk. Go have lunch, go to the bar, put a suit on and swim. Pretty much anything that you want.

When I booked our tickets for August, I choose the flights that would get us into MoBay by 11:30 (that was the earliest) I am figuring, like you, that we will be at the resort by around 1:30 or so which is why I will have a bathing suit in my carry-on.

Hey dreamin_of_couples

My flight arrives in MB @ 10:30, and I figure we won't get to CSS till 12:00 or so. Our TA told us it would be "No Problem Mon". She said Couples will take care of you as soon as you step off the plane. You can wait in the lobby sipping drinks, have lunch, or whatever. She told us to pack our swim suits in our carry on, and towels will be the waiting on us. Your luggage will be safe in the lobby. She said we could check in around 2:00 I think, or they would try to get you into an available room. I hope she is right. Whatever, from what I hear all over the grapevine Couples will take great care of you. Hope you have a great time. Jonathan&Nikki (Martinsburg,WV)

Once you get to your resort, you can check in right away. If they have a room available, you will get it. If not, they'll keep your luggage for you and show you to lunch or a drink.

If it's going to be a while, you could grab your swim suit and relax. We've never had to wait very long for a room though. Usually til we eat some lunch and sit for a little bit our room is ready.

And our flight usually lands around 11 am and we're in Ocho Rios by 1 or 2.

If I remember correctly our arrival time was about the same. Depending on flights being on time and the length of time to get through the airport, you may show up, fill out your check in papers and go to your room. We did and I think we were unpacked and at the bar by 3:00

If not, have a swimsuit and cover up in your carry on. The front desk can secure your main luggage for you while you grab a bite to eat, explore, have a cool beverage, just get in 'jamaica mode' while you wait for you room!

You can check-in as soon as you get there a room just might not be available yet, but you can do anything you want to at the resort. The bellhops will keep your luggage for you.

Remember to pack your swimsuit in your carry on bag so you can change into it when you get to the resort.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Your room will be ready, if not go get something to eat or walk around grounds, they will take your bags to your room so NO WORRIES, ITS AWESOME. I got there at 2 pm

We arrived at the same time around noon. Our room was ready and we checked in. Hopefully that will happen for you. If not make sure you have access to your swimsuits, hit the restaurants and the beach!!

Sometimes your room is ready. If not change in the lobby bathroom and go straight to the beach.

The quickest that we have ever made it to CSA is the year that we came in on a Wednesday, landed at 11:15. No lines at immigration, we flew first class on Air Jamaica, so our luggage was waiting for us, straight thru customs to the TimAir desk, toes in the sand by 1pm.

If you are taking the shuttle add at least 1-2 hours to the above.

We have checked in at 10:00am (loved the AJ red-eye from LAX). Our room wasn't ready and we were told to call from any of the bars around noon to see if it was ready...didn't actually turn out to be ready until about 3. Our suitcases sat in the lobby, along with a huge mountain of other suitcases. We changed into swimwear and headed out for a late breakfast. I kept my purse with me (which contained all of our money, passports, etc) and then we lounged at the beach. My husband even managed to get on the 1pm snorkel trip.

One of the funniest things was that apparently one of the other guests wasn't comfortable leaving his suitcase in the mountain of suitcases in the lobby so he rolled it out to the beach. Personally, I have a lot more faith that nothing will get stolen in the lobby as opposed to somewhere in the mysterious world of checked baggage.

If you get there early, just relax, maybe get something to eat, go lay on the beach, or just check out the resort. I would pack my swimwear in my carryon. That way you have it if you need it before you get to your room.
    Linda

I would think that would be a BEAUTIFUL thing, getting there early and taking in almost a FULL day in paradise. I've never gotten there early. My trip to CSA I arrived at around 3:30pm more or less...I think my flight landed around 12:30 pm. I wish from TX I could find a flight that had me there that early. I'm always scared that I will arrive at night and miss out on a day. I mean, the rooms are nice, but I didn't plan to ONLY sleep on my first day there. So I say if you arrive early JUST LOVE IT. It sounds fun to me. And "Ivgal" I love the story with the guy who rolled his suitcase to the beach. How funny. Sounds like something my husband would do, he's a little uptight.

Default Pamela

Pamela,

Do you have a packing list? We are wanting to only take carry on luggage, but have no clue how to do it without overpacking. If so can you please email it to me? april_wellman@hotmail.com
    Thanks!
    April

Ladybug, I sent an e-mail to you listing everything that we pack (I had my husband look it over to make sure I didn't forget anything). If you don't receive it, let me know: pamelaboland@optonline.net
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Pamela, could you maybe attach a file with your packing list? Folks on the message board are always looking for a good packing list to snatch ideas from or to comment on. You might get some ideas on missing items or clever packing techniques.

I love a good list!

Quote Originally Posted by dreamin_of_couples View Post

Based on your arrival time at the airport once you get through customs - get to the lounge and on the bus you arrival will be closer to 2:30. There is a good chance your room will be ready - if not pack a suit in your carry on and either hit the beach or go grab a bite to eat. If you do not check your luggage it may be a few minutes earlier.

...it's not like Vegas- get there early from the eastern time zone lose your money before they give you your room.

I wish we had that option to get there early, we always seem to arrive @ sunset. Would love to be able to take in the first day on the beach at the bamboo bar

Thank your Lucky Stars ! Count Your Blessings! AND HAVE LOTS AND LOTS OF FUN!!!!!

The best thing to do is when packing, pack your bathing suits and beach/pool supplies on top. You can grab a drink, getting something to eat, hang out at the pool/beach. You have full use of the resort. As of now, our flight leaves at 7am. We should be at MB around 930am. Hopefully we will be at CN around 1130am. We have already decided we are packing differently than we usually do, so our swimming stuff is on top. We will enjoy the day at the resort and go to our room when it is ready. Have a wonderful vacation

Maybe this is a dumb question but I was just wondering, if you arrive at the resort before your room is ready where do you get a beach towel from. I know that when I visited CN last year the beach towels were provided in the room and you had to bring them to the towel hut to exchange them. They also ask you for your room # too. So can you go to the towel hut with no room # or towel to trade and get one ?????

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast