Hybrid View

Default Questions about CSA?

Hi...I will be visiting CSA at the end of February for the first time with my wife and I was wondering if I could as a few questions:
    1. We will be staying in a Beachfront Verandah room and was wondering if you can specify what liquor types (if any)that you would like stocked?
    2. Is there a restaurant or bar where you can get a Cappucino or Espresso?
    3. I am a fairly large person (6'2"" and 250 lbs) are the Bathrobes going to fit or should I bring my own? I was in Mexico last year and the robes were so small I could barely get an arm in.
    4. Is coffee only available at the restaurants and is it available to take back to the room (in larger quantities). We are big coffee drinkers!

1. We will be staying in a Beachfront Verandah room and was wondering if you can specify what liquor types (if any)that you would like stocked?
    I've never done this, but I have seen people here say they have requested certain things and their request has been granted. I don't think they will go so far as to fully customize your mini-bar though.

There are Nescafe machines at several locations (the Palms restaurant, the Internet cafe, the Cabana Grill). They are from a machine, so pre-made but, frankly, I LOVE them (Note: I'm also not a fan of Blue Mountain coffee. Those that are seem kind of mortified by the Nescafe machines..hahaha, oh well).

3. I am a fairly large person (6'2"" and 250 lbs) are the Bathrobes going to fit or should I bring my own? I was in Mexico last year and the robes were so small I could barely get an arm in.
    My guess is no. They fit me and I'm a 5'8'' female, average weight. I don't recall them being overly large on me so I'm guessing they may be small. But someone more in line with your build could probably answer with more specificity than I.

4. Is coffee only available at the restaurants and is it available to take back to the room (in larger quantities). We are big coffee drinkers!
    I believe you can get coffee in the morning if you opt for breakfast room service. I think they will come with a caraf of it. Other than that, you can get it at the restaurants or the Nescafe machines. There are also coffee makers in the room. They're small, but they serve to supplement the other options.

My husband and I just got back from CSA a week ago. It was our third time there and was even better than the previous two visits.
    When you get to your room you will have wine, gin, rum, and vodka in your room (along with soda and beer in your mini-fridge). We wanted extra beer and a certain type of rum in our room. We left a note by the mini-fridge and he didn't have a problem personalizing our alcohol for us.

There is an espresso machine across the street at the sports complex. I am sure they have machines in the restraunts for meals. When you go to CSA make sure you go across the street. The sports complex is amazing (even if your don't workout). They have sports on the tv, and the most amazing smoothies!

My husband is the same height and weight as you...he fit in the robes just fine. There isn't a need to pack yours.

You can get coffee at all of the restaurants for breakfast/lunch/dinner. There are coffee makers in your room. They only the have the single service sealed packs. When you see your cleaning lady...you will see her ALOT...ask him/her for more coffee. They are always more than happy to get you whatever you need.

You will LOVE CSA!!! We also went to Couples Negril but prefer CSA! It is an amazing property and the Jamaican people are wonderful!

One hint...do not over pack! Dave and I have over packed everytime! It is unreal the amount of outfits you DON'T need.

Also, when you check in and they take you to your room...go right back to the customer service desk and make your reservations for dinner for the next two nights and the catamaran cruise. The reservations fill up fast!

Have an amazing trip!

You can get espresso drinks at the Wellness Bar in the sports complex, and at the Seagrapes Cafe bar (after 11AM). I also had a cappuccino with breakfast at Patois a few times. They asked if I wanted "sweetened or unsweetened" where sweetened=Nescafe.

Quote Originally Posted by time4usnow View Post
    Hi...I will be visiting CSA at the end of February for the first time with my wife and I was wondering if I could as a few questions:

We've always requested more Diet Pepsi for the fridge and have been accomodated, along with extra juice. I've never tried ordering specific spirits, although you could always leave a note.

Yes, several.

The robes are fairly roomy - Bob is 6" and has never had a problem, although he is under 200 lbs.

There is a coffee maker in your room. Bob always heads over to the Palms first thing in the morning for a cup, too. In addition, you can order a carafe of coffee to be delivered to your room as part of the continental breakfast room service. There are room service tags hanging on the back of your door. Just fill it out before you go to bed, and it will be there for you the next morning.

Thank you all very much!
    It sounds like everyone tends to be very cooperative. The minibar question was aimed principally at less booze and more diet drinks etc..we are not huge drinkers (I like a glass of red wine or a beer throughout the day but drink coffee and soft drinks normally).
    The Cappucino issue sounds a bit dicey but heck...its holidays. Was in Mexico last year and they had great "special" coffee and cappucinos. We are huge coffee addicts. I would guess that I'll just bring a thermos for coffee and keep filling it up from the restaurants when I need my late night fix.

Thank you all again..you were all very helpful!!

The mini bars are stocked with a lot more then just booze. There were 4 bottles of water daily (more if you wanted), indivodual sized cans of pineapple juice, cranberry juice, Clamato juice, I think there was even a can of orange juice, a few cans of beers and a few bottles each of Pepsi, diet pepsi, 7up, Ting and gingerbeer. The fridge was completly full and it was almost all non-alchonolic (except the 2 or 3 cans of beer). I thought it was awesome!

To clarify on the coffee issue. They have Blue Mountain coffee (just regular morning coffee) in all the restaurants and will bring a carafe to your door in the morning if you so request it. The have the fake coffee drinks (flavored sweet things) in the internet cafe, the Palms, and the Cabana Grill--these come out of machines pre-made.

You can get the real deal espresso at the Sports Complex and at Sea Grapes. You can also request them at some of the restaurants.

Basically, they have it all!!!! You are gonna love CSA and if you haven't had Blue Mountain coffee, you are going to have a new favorite.

I'm an early riser, usually walking the beach shortly after sunrise. I so enjoy walking with a bottomless cup of coffee, and do so every morning when we're at SweptAway. Just go to either end of the resort (easiest at Patois Patio where you'll be staying)... just ask anyone there for a carafe of coffee to go. Its never been a problem.

As for types of refreshments, I understand that you can now ask for them to stock it your way. I don't think there is a charge for this, but I do recall seeing an announcement about it.

Enjoy your stay!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"