Thread: Mature Couple

Default Mature Couple

Ok Guys & Gals here is a question I haven't seen, would like an honest answer.

My wife and I are a " Mature Couple " haven't hit 80 but passed 60 years old. Will we feel/look out of place at a Couples Resort ??

This will be our first non cruise adventure and looking foreword to having a wonderful time.

Thanks for you input and comments.

Your age will only be an issue if you make it one. We have been to Couples on several trips, and have met/seen people of all ages having the time of their lives. Couples Negril is a beautiful place. The staff has always given us what we asked - sometimes going way beyond what is expected! You will have a wonderful time! In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if you turn into coupleholics.

Don't worry bout a ting, mon. It will all be irie!

Peace

We have crept into our 60s, too. Come February, Bill and I will be making our 5th trip to Couples and JA. There have been couples of all ages at the 3 Couples we visited: CSA, CSS, and CN. Everyone seems to enjoy each others'company, and those wishing to be "private" are given space. Perfect!

My husband and I are both several years past 60 and we have never felt out of place at any Couples resort and we have been to all 4.
    There are couples of all ages and this just isn't an issue. Go and have a great time!

There are lots of us "old" couples at Couples! We saw a couple on one of their nude beaches that must have been 80. No one gave them a second look.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

We're both 56 and still don't consider ourselves to be mature.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    On the web, always open

Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Quote Originally Posted by Condo-Pop View Post

My wife and I are a " Mature Couple " haven't hit 80 but passed 60 years old. Will we feel/look out of place at a Couples Resort ??

This will be our first non cruise adventure and looking foreword to having a wonderful time.

since you are going to a romantic resort catering to couples, i am not sure what impact the age of other patrons will have on your stay.. i am sure they run special cruises for > 60 yo which if it is that important you may wish to consider.
    the real differnce will be when you are sitting at the paino bar and you make a reference to duke ellington and benny goodman and the guy next to you say yea did they jam with limp bizkit last year go get nekkid spark up and have a blast

We have been to both CSA and CSS, and both resorts had plenty of "mature" couples. I really don't think that you will feel self conscious at all. We are in our 40s, and I am long past being a size 4, but there is something about Couples that makes you feel special.

Age is a state of mind. There are couples of all ages that stay at these resorts. Frankly, I think that is one reason it makes it so great. It gives variety to all the interesting people we meet on vacation. You will not feel out of place...go and enjoy. You will love it there.
    After you go, you will soon be giving someone else the same advice!

No problem. Couples has guests from 18 to 95. You will not be out of place.

Come and Enjoy the Couples experience.
    Irie Mon

We are all headed there,and many of us are past... who says we have to stop acting like kids at ANY stage of life? We've been amazed at how the romantic environment of (insert your favorite Couples) transforms barely 20's into people who have been together forever... and vice versa. And many of those "vice versas" have provided US with inspiration!

Welcome to Couples, and enjoy!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

If you need more reassurance, go on trip advisor and read the reviews too...it will totally ease your mind...

It not the years it's the attitude.

If you like to laugh and smile , eat terrific food and sample any drink you want, enjoy the sun,beach and pool, partake in as little or as many activities as you want, then I'm sure a vacation at couples is for you.

We are in our 50s, each trip seems to get better. Each trip we meet and make new friends, come back with tans, smiles on our faces, a few extra pounds and a bunch of happy memories. Just came back from our 7th trip . Looking forward to our 8th.

Don't worry or give it a 2nd thought about being too old for Couples ............ You're NEVER too old for Couples. Age doesn't matter at all & everyone mingles together. We're only in our late 40's but LOVE to see older couples while we are there & enjoy visiting with them a lot. It makes us smile to see "older" couples there because it makes us feel like we will still be doing the things we love even when we have another 20 or 30 years on us. Go & ENJOY!!!! Age is only a number at Couples.
    Julie

No Problem!

One of the most fun guys we met was I think 83.

We're in the just past 45 age group and we're not mature either!
    ... it keepsh me shane

.....Not at all. We are mid 60s ourselves, and certainly never felt out of place. You will see people from early 20s to 80s there. There's something for everyone. The thing is to have fun, regardless of age.

NO WAY WILL YOU FEEL OUT OF PLACE. We are in our early and late 50's. Made great friends with a couple in their 70's this past December. Had a wonderful time with them. Go and enjoy, you will have a blast.

I'm 70 years old and never gave a thought to being out of place because of my age. I'm planning on returning to CSA each year until my body says no more.

Bob

While at CN, we watched a couple share there 75 wedding anniversary togethor!!! Imagine that
    One Love, young and mature.
    Barb

Age is not an issue...to give you an example we (I am 50 my wife is 40) ended up spending evenings with two couples, one couple was younger than the other way older. We had a blast...it's about attitude. One of the major things we loved about couples was that we had the days to romance ...do our own thing and post dinner (Most nights) a great social scene. Please don't worry, hope you are at CSA with us in 31 days time....

Having been to Couples Negril and Couples Swept Away, we have never seen age as a factor. We are a very young over 65 couple and fully enjoy all that Couples has to offer, including the Au Natural beach at CN. As started in earlier post, age really is a state of mind. So go to the resort that draws you and enjoy the time of your life.

Hi, we spent out 54th wedding anniversary at CSS and we are planning our 55th anniversary next December at CN--or CSS cannot really decide but will before Jan. 15th. We are 74 and my husband will be 75 by then and we will keep going to Couples as long as we can. We have been to CN, CSA, Css and a day trip to CTI. Our only problem now is to decide which one. CSA has the best patios and long beach, CN is more compact and we love the beach and the staff -CSS is the most beautiful and probably the most romantic and Mr. P really made our anniversary so special. So which one we go to will have to wait until Jan. 15 when we have to decide!!!

One thing we all have in common is we're on vacation during our respective times at Couples, which makes for a great equalizer. Besides, age is meaningless. Doesn't matter if you're 21 or 101, we will be social and offer a hand in friendship to any & all we happen to meet during our stay.
    Ron

Reading is fundamental. It's just that for some, it's more mental than fun.