Default ~~CSS stairs issue~~~

Hi
    We will be going to CTI for 2 weeks but were considering splitting our stay between CTI and CSS. We stayed at CSA for our wedding for two weeks and we found the entertainment to become repetitive.

My only concern is the stairs at CSS. I have low vision and it can be difficult going down stairs especially if the stair are poorly lit. From the reviews I've read it sounds like I have to go up and down hundreds of stairs to get anywhere. Is this resort not a good fit for us or are the stairs manageable? Is there a certain room category and location that would be best? Thanks!!!

the couples resorts can be special for everyone. You can call for a van to pick you up. You can can request rooms in the middle so you are good either way. Yes there are alot of stairs but they will work with this. there are less stairs at cti.

If you stay in a One Bedroom Beachfront Suite (all rooms in building blocks “A” and “B”) you will be right at beach level. There are no stairs from here to the beach, ocean, Sunset Beach (nude area), main pool and swim-up bar, beach bar beach grill (Bella Vista Restaurant in the evenings), water sports area, the Palazzina restaurant (breakfast and lunch buffets and gourmet restaurant in the evenings) and the running/walking/bicycle track and the Starlight Gala. There are 102 steps from this level to the lobby (highest level), but they are spread out over several stairways. If you want a ride from anywhere on the resort to anywhere else, you can just call the bell captain and they will come and get you. Within 5-10 minutes. I have asthma and emphysema and with a couple of short rest stops on the way up, I did just fine doing the 102 steps. We also use the resort van to get up the hill several times. The stairways are very well lit at night. Here is an example:

[
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Wally really summed it up very well. We also stayed in the "B" block in January. The only time we had to climb any stairs at all was when we went to the spa and fitness center (not too many stairs), and going to Casanova, the lobby, gift shop, or Balloon Bar. There is also a lovely pool outside the Balloon Bar that has fantastic views that is worth climbing the steps. We found that we could skip the stairs entirely and walk up the road that goes from the beach area to the top. It's a bit longer, but if you are dicey with steps at night, this is a good option. And yes, we saw the van picking up folks a lot, too, although we did not use it.

We actually enjoyed the stairs, but you can call for a van pick up anytime. If you stay in the beachfront suites, you will only need a pickup for the lobby, gift shops and Casanova restaurant (which is fantastic, don't miss out).

Thank you so much for posting the picture, that makes me feel much better! Being only 24 years old it makes it pretty frustrating to have low vision. We will look at the rooms in those blocks! Thanks again! Happy New Years!

Quote Originally Posted by Meeko View Post
    Thank you so much for posting the picture, that makes me feel much better! Being only 24 years old it makes it pretty frustrating to have low vision. We will look at the rooms in those blocks! Thanks again! Happy New Years!
    Here is a thread with pictures of the resort and the Beachfront Suites. All rooms in blocks "A" and "B" are just like this one. First floor are walkouts and 2nd and 3rd floors are balconies.

http://couplesjamaica.biz/mb/showthread.php?t=4232
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

We stayed in G Block, at the top of the hill near the lobby and Hibiscus cottage. We used the elevator at the spa, and avoided most of the stairs.

One word of caution about the elevator. It goes from the top of the resort at the lobby level to the bottom at the spa office area, mineral pool and excercise room. In order to get to the beach area from the bottom of the elevator, you must go up 2 flights of stairs anf then back down 2 flights.
    [