Thread: Tipping

Default Tipping

I know tipping isn't allowed at Couples... but what other tips should I be ready to pay? Example-- the ride from the airport to CN... Excursions... just trying to be ready for when I need to tip. Thanks for all the help!

Tip the Driver from MBJ to CN, and back.
    Tip for Spa Services ( same % as you would at home )
    Tip Excursion drivers, Catamaran crew etc.

None of them are Couples Staff.

Also, bring $$ to the Bonfire if you want to buy a CD from Moses "Shyam" Beckford. His new "Love Story" CD is beautiful.

What currency should be used for tipping? US dollars?

dont forget the porters at the airport. usually a dollar a bag there.

Tsluby

but what other tips should I be ready to pay?
    You shouldn't be ready to pay anything. A tip is simply a reward for the service provided.

Bring $1.00 's and $5.00's and be reasonable.

For this information you can gladly send my tip to the ISSA Foundation.
    http://issatrustfoundation.com/05-01-Gleaner.htm

They will gladly take any denomination you would like to give.

Tipping to outside employees should be in US Dlrs. That is what they prefer

Quote Originally Posted by Tsluby View Post
    I know tipping isn't allowed at Couples... but what other tips should I be ready to pay? Example-- the ride from the airport to CN... Excursions... just trying to be ready for when I need to tip. Thanks for all the help!
    ....The drivers and luggage handlers are private contractors. Those handling your luggage at the airport and from the van should be tipped $1 for each bag. Also the driver, especially if he was a good one (some are better than others) We had a driver named "Eliot" back to the airport that kept us laughing the entire way. I think this also applies to the Catamaran as well.

Catamaran cruise...........how much would you suggest?

OK, here's what I got to say about tipping. WATCH OUT IN THE AIRPORT. We have learned that WHOEVER handles your bags WANTS a tip. We have had to pay out 3 times between the plane and the Couples Lounge on our rookie year, 5 years ago. Your best bet is to HOLD ONTO YOUR BAGS through the entire airport until you get to the Couples Lounge clear at the opposite end of the airport. Then, from that point on the Couples staff will handle your bags and put tags on them. When we come to Jamaica we bring 50 $2 bills and 50 $1 bills. The Jamaicans go CRAZZZZY over the $2 bills! Usually can get good deals with them. Also we go to Bath and Body and pick up those $1 bottles of body spray, shampoo, lotions, and we leave them for the Couples house keeping staff. They really enjoy them and we enjoy giving them to them. And if you can bring some Hersey Chocolate with you do that as well. I guess Jamaica is in short supply of chocolate. Other things would be paint brushes and sand paper the crafters will give you a supper deal on items because these items are hard to come by in Jamaica.

It doesn't have to be Hersheys Chocolate...any kind of Chocolate is appreciated ( it's expensive there )....I travel with bags of Dove chocolates and Ghiradelli...

Before our trip last month, my friend called and asked me to bring her, of all things.....
    Nestle's Crunch bars..easy enough !!