Thread: Jamaican Cake

Default Jamaican Cake

Has anyone had this option, or are choosing this option for their wedding?

We've asked for the Jamaican Cake, but are wondering if the cake is really moist or really dry. I've tried it both ways, and much prefer my cake to be moist.
    Getting Married at CSS November 10th @ 11am!

We had the Jamaican fruit cake for our vow renewal at CSS and it was delicious. Not at all what you think of as the typical fruit cake. It was more like a cross between spice cake and carrot cake and very moist. YUM! I highly recommend it. I thought it was more fitting for the occasion and more special than vanilla or chocolate which you can get any old time.
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

I was just @ CTI w/ my husband to renew our vows and we had the Jamaican Fruit cake also. It is good and not at all like the usual other two that we can get at home so, we deceided to go for it! It does have nuts and raisens but if I didn't already know that, I never could tell.

The Jamaican wedding cake was very good. We were sad not to be able to sit and eat the rest of it!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That's good to hear! It sounds like the cake is a lot like the fruitcake my Grandma used to make, which I love!

Thanks so much!
    Getting Married at CSS November 10th @ 11am!

Quote Originally Posted by Shari and James View Post
    We had the Jamaican fruit cake for our vow renewal at CSS and it was delicious. Not at all what you think of as the typical fruit cake. It was more like a cross between spice cake and carrot cake and very moist. YUM! I highly recommend it. I thought it was more fitting for the occasion and more special than vanilla or chocolate which you can get any old time.
    Hey Shari & James, I have some some questions about our upcoming vow renewal and you seem to be the resident experts! Would you be so kind as to email me at lasheets@yahoo.com? Thanks
    Lucy

Sounds like either way you go, the cake is good. We had the chocolate and I loved it!

Just got back. We had the jamaican cake. It was extremely rich. Almost too rich. We couldnt even eat a full piece. Kind of wish I would have just got white!! It is very heavy. Not like a christmas fruit cake.

We had the vanilla cake....and let me tell you, I was leary. I prefer chocolate. However, I was insanely delighted with my vanilla cake, and have never experienced anything quite as yummy as it was. It was a totally different experience than what I was expecting, so don't think you will just be getting boring old vanilla. It's anything but!

I have a question do they provide a cake knife and server, or do I need to bring one? An can you take the rest of your cake back to your room if you do not eat it all?

Yes they had a very nice cake knife and server. They asked us if we wanted our cake to go to the resturant for our dinner that night and we said no it was too rich. Now I really wished I would have taken some rubbermade containers with me and just taken it home for the kids. I am sure it would have kept in our mini bar frig

This is from the Wedding FAQ page on the website...

What is Jamaican fruit cake?
    Jamaican fruit cake is a heavy cake that has preserved fruits such as raisins and cherries, wine and Jamaican rum.

Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

I am so glad that they offer the Jamaican rum cake for free so many other resorts you have to upgrade. This is a big plus for me. My neice married a Jamaican and his family made this cake and brought it to Canada for the wedding. YUM YUM YUMMY

We did the top half Jamaican rum cake the bottom half vanilla. It was delicious! I would definetly go for it. I requested to try it through e-mail with states wedding co-ordinator. When we met with the co-ordinator at CSA they had a slice ready for us to try!

Jmca_0704,
    Did they charge you an upgrade fee to have 2 different flavors on your cake?

no upgrade charge for two layer cake. I agree with the earlier posting that the vanilla is not plain old vanilla!