Results 1 to 12 of 12

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default rain !please no !

    We will be at css on thurs the 7th of jan. forecast is rain everyday while we r there. Does the weather change frequently? I am so depressed thinking that it will rain our entire trip !

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    266

    Default

    You'll drive yourself crazy if you worry about the forecast showing rain. It always shows some rain. Remember, it's a tropical island. It's lush because it rains. It does rain at least a little almost every day, then it passes.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6

    Default

    DONT WORRY ABOUT RAIN!!!

    We were at CSS the week of Christmas and it was also forecast to rain everyday when we first arrived, but the weather changes frequently. It did rain the first few days, and by no means did it ruin our vacation! We had a great time getting settled in, and the staff does a great job of entertaining in the rain. We had a blast hanging out at the beach bar listening to Marcel the Christmas DJ and playing games with the staff. If its not lightening, the hot tub is a great place to spend a rainy day.

    Anyway, we were forecast 7 days of rain and only say 2 full wet days.

    Have Fun!

  4. #4

    Default

    You're in a tropical climate - there is always a chance of rain. No worries, mon! It's usually just a quick afternoon sprinkle. January is actually pretty low on their monthly rain averages.
    Last edited by Amy; March 1st, 2010 at 07:18 AM.
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4

    Default

    A five day weather forecast and $3 will get you a cup of coffee at Star bucks, but weather underground shows a 0% chance of precipitation on the 7th and 8th.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,735

    Default Rain in the Forecast

    First of all, it is extremely hard to accurately predict rainfall in the tropics, especially on a small island. It could rain anytime. Because of this, you will almost always see a 30% chance of rain on the Jamaica weather forecasts.

    Second, a 30% chance of rain also means a 70% chance of no rain…all day. The 30% is the probability that it will rain sometime during the day, not the percentage of the day that it is predicted to rain. So, a 100% chance of rain does not mean they think it will rain for 100% of the day, just that there is a 100% chance that it will rain sometime during the day.

    Third, it is quite rare that it ever rains all day in Jamaica, unless there is a tropical storm nearby. That usually only happens in hurricane season, not in the winter. Usually, when it rains in Jamaica it is a short one hour burst in the afternoon and then sunny again. Plus, it is 80-85 degrees outside and you have your swimsuit on, so it really isn’t a big deal. The average rainfall for the month of January is only 2.7 inches, one of the lowest of the year.

    Fourth, we have been to Jamaica in March and May for a total of 23 days. It only rained on two of those days for a total of 45 minutes the first time in May and 50 minutes the second time in March.

    Don’t worry about the rain. You can’t do anything about it anyway and worrying will not help. If it rains, it rains…make the best of it! It won’t spoil your trip!
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

  7. #7

    Default

    anytime you look at the weather for Jamaica it will say "rain" everyday. We have been 4x's and are going back in March, it does rain BUT for a very short amount of time. We have never been "rained out". ENJOY!

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sammylvr View Post
    We will be at css on thurs the 7th of jan. forecast is rain everyday while we r there. Does the weather change frequently? I am so depressed thinking that it will rain our entire trip !
    i you cancel your trip then you will not have to worry about the weather and become depressed. there you go problem solved .. smart money says don't worry go to css get nekkid eat drink and spark like rock stars
    ps vegas and phoenix seldom get rain as aruba just a note to self for the future

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,204

    Default

    sammylvr

    You will see tropical showers listed for every day. Most don't last long so think on the sunny side.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Chill....it MAY rain during your stay...but ....its warm rain ...and it doesn't last... if it rains you have choices...
    1. Stay in the sea
    2. Have a drink
    3. Have an lie down with your better half.....it is a couples holiday!!!
    Please don't be depressed all will be fine...

  11. #11

    Default

    do NOT NOT NOT look at weather before you go!! IT said rainy or hazy every day for our 7 night stay. It rained 2-3 times, once it was so quick we stayed in the pool. The other times were later while we were getting ready for dinner. You need the rain to cool you off, otherwise the heat just beats you. And say it does rain for an afternoon, its not like there is not anything to do. In our 14 days in 2 years of being there, i would say under 1.5 hours of total rain. Dont worry

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sammylvr View Post
    We will be at css on thurs the 7th of jan. forecast is rain everyday while we r there. Does the weather change frequently? I am so depressed thinking that it will rain our entire trip !
    ...Rain comes and goes quickly. As the song goes; "Don't worry about a thing. Every little thing going to be alright".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •