Default Honeymoon Suggestions?

Greetings!

My fiance and I are getting married on July 10, 2010 and are looking for suggestions on which Couples Resort to visit on our Honeymoon.

We are a low-key couple in our early 30s. We aren't into fancy excursions or sight-seeing - we plan on spending time at the Swim-up bar in the pool or laying on the beach or floating in the water. We can be very social at times, but also want to make sure we have plenty of "couple" time as it is our Honeymoon!

We are the type of folks that will sleep in, usually miss breakfast, but will catch lunch, dinner and a late night snack. We aren't into crazy night life but a fun activity every once in a while certainly wouldn't deter us!

So, I am throwing it out there to the wisdom of the Couples Message Board - which Couples Resort sounds the best for us? I have read the board and seen the pros and cons but still can't decide. Any advice would be appreciated!

CSA CSA CSA! Our honeymoon was there, if you are looking for low-key, laid back, romantic you will find it at CSA. The resort is beautiful on the best beach in the world. CSA doesn't have crazy night life but Aura and the piano bar are awesome laid back fun. Trust me CSA will not dissapoint.

For rooms if you are looking for romantic seclusion the suites will do, wooden slats on the doors and windows, no tv. The Verandah suites are a bit more modern still have slats but glass as well, TV, full mini-bar huge verandah (they both have big patio's), both have air...my personal choice is a 3rd fl corner beachfront verandah (yes you can request this, as we did on our honeymoon). Enjoy you honeymoon which ever resort you choose, but I think CSA will fit you (from what you described) best.

You will find everything you are looing for at CSA, CN, CSS or CTI. Sorry, but you aren't looking for anything that isn't available at all the resorts.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

You are going to get alot of different answers here.
    We have been to CSA, CSS, and CN. I like them each for different reasons. Which ever you choose, you will not be disappointed. They are all romantic by their own rights. Pick the one that calls to you.
    CSS has room service, which could come in handy on your honeymoon.
    CN is the best "all-around". Perfect sized beach, good food, good staff.
    CSA-we haven't been since they've built on to it in 2006, but it was very romantic, food was fantastic, nice long beach to walk.
    Good luck choosing. I know this probably didn't help narrow it down for you. If I HAD to pick one for you, it would be CN, for the best all-around. Have a wonderful trip!

Here are some quick differences:
    CTI - Completely private beach, yet small; separate island for nude sunbathing, 5 restaurants including Bayside that sits on the water; the most inclusions (Dunn's River, catamaran cruise, horseback riding in addition to the others). Only 5 buildings with rooms so the resort is very compact and intimate (though it seems like only 3, since three are connected). Everything revolves around a central location. Just underwent a $30 million renovation - new rooms, new decor, new pools, etc. Fantastic food.

CSS - the newest to the Couples resort, but not the newest built. It used to be a Grand Lido then Couples bought it. Also have a completely private beach. Separate beach for nude sunbathing. Resort is spread out and built on cliffs. It's split into 3 different levels, lots of steps throughout. Lots of foliage and hidden spots. Does not offer a catamaran cruise. 3 restaurants but full menu room service. All rooms are suites with mini bars. Rooms are more hotel like as far as the decor.

CN - Sits in Bloody Bay which it shares with 3 other resorts and public beach access. Separate section of main beach used for nude sunbathing. Individual buildings throughout the resort for the rooms. All on beach level. Somewhat spread out. Huge main pool with swim-up bar. Rooms decorated in bright colors. 24 hour room service only in select room categories and it must be ordered a day in advance. All rooms have mini bars.

CSA - Sits on 7 mile beach. Separate buildings for rooms that are cabana like, dark wood and white linens. Resort is spread out along the beach but all on beach level. Only resort with rooms right on the beach where you can walk off your first floor patio into sand. Fantastic food. Night Club. Some rooms do not have televisions or mini bars. 5 restaurants. No nude sunbathing option. Huge sports complex across the street.

We have been to them all, and they are all great! Everyone on here has their favorite, but that doesn't make one better or worse. Check out pictures on this website, read the message board and then go with your gut! I'd be happy to share pics or maps if that would help (amy.welch@hotmail.com).
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

First, congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

We are a couple in our late 40s, and we spent our honeymoon at CTI in November 09. While we weren't into "fancy" excursions, the trip to Dunns River Falls and the horseback riding were lots of fun. You really can't go wrong with any of the resorts.

However, it sounds like Negril or Sans Souci might be more suited to your tastes. CN has a great beach and CSS is so romantic. Good luck with your choice and enjoy your honeymoon.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

If you're looking for a swim up bar with social life, maybe CN would be for you? The swim up bar seems to be a great place for gathering at CN....You may want to check out TripAdvisor and take a look at the photos posted there for each resort - there are TONS of photos that may help you to decide which resort "speaks" to you....Regardless of the resort you choose, you're sure to have a great time with Couples!!

That's a tough one and most MBers will tell you to go with the one that tugs at your heart. Here's some info. Hope it helps.

All Couples have swim-up bars. The one at CN is our favorite. Having the waterfall to play in is so much fun. CSA does have a waterfall with their swimup bar, but it is much smaller.

If you want to float in the ocean, CN, CSA, & CSS would fit the bill. If you are beach people, then I would suggest CN or CSA.

Don't worry about missing breakfast, there is lots of food available all day long.

Both CN & CSA have a nice night life. Ultimate at CSA rocks! And CSA has a nice disco. CTI does have a piano bar with sing alongs & karaoke. CN also has a piano bar which is a little larger than CTIs and they have disco nights, plus the sing along and Karaoke.

CSS is incredibly romantic, but the beach isn't as great as CN's or CSA's.

CSA can be fun as you can walk Long Bay and visit all the different bars and vendors along the 5 mile beach. CN is on Bloody Bay which is 2 miles long and has a couple other resorts on it as well as 2 bars.

We love CN & CSS. CSS for it's romance and CN for its beach.

Whichever you choose, you won't go wrong.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

Any Couples that you find keeps calling to you. Keep researching and you will find one that keeps calling you back. Our favorite is CTI but then it's the only one we have managed to get to in 3 visits. We visited CSS, but did not stay there. Best wishes and good luck!
    Vicky

akhubbard

Take the time to look at as many pictures as possible of the 4 resorts and let your heart make the decision on which features it likes. I would do so soon as rates are due to change.

If you need some pictures to look at..... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/JamaicanMeCrazy/

I think CSA or CN would suit you very well.

Csa all the way!!!

We just came back from our honeymoon. We went to couples swept away and it was everything and more that you are wanting. Definitely my recommendation is for swept away.

From your description, I'd recommend CSS or CN, but as everyone says, you can't really go wrong with any of them. If you can't decide, perhaps you might want to try the secret rendezvous and let couples choose for you? We did that twice and had great results.

Quote Originally Posted by akhubbard View Post
    Greetings!

My fiance and I are getting married on July 10, 2010 and are looking for suggestions on which Couples Resort to visit on our Honeymoon.

We are a low-key couple in our early 30s. We aren't into fancy excursions or sight-seeing - we plan on spending time at the Swim-up bar in the pool or laying on the beach or floating in the water. We can be very social at times, but also want to make sure we have plenty of "couple" time as it is our Honeymoon!

We are the type of folks that will sleep in, usually miss breakfast, but will catch lunch, dinner and a late night snack. We aren't into crazy night life but a fun activity every once in a while certainly wouldn't deter us!

So, I am throwing it out there to the wisdom of the Couples Message Board - which Couples Resort sounds the best for us? I have read the board and seen the pros and cons but still can't decide. Any advice would be appreciated!
    ....I think you will really enjoy CN.