Default Where to get married - just the 2 of us

We are planning on getting married next winter (2011). We are both in our mid 40's and are eloping as our families and friends are scattered and we don't want the hassle.

We are vacationing at CSS this Feb. and will have a better idea of the couples experience after that.

What I'm wondering is which couples resort would be the most intimate and romantic setting for a 2 person wedding. Does anyone know how couples could make it more special for us?

We were going to do a cruise but that seems like a drive by vacation, so now I'm leaning towards this route.

Thanks for your ideas.

Molly229

From everything I have read, CSS is the most intimate and romantic resort. I'm sure there are many different locations for your wedding. Check the website for wedding info and hopefully someone who's gotten married at one of the resorts will give their input too.

And, being someone who has taken a cruise and been to Couples.....you will love the AI experience and being at just one place for days in a row. It is so relaxing!

CSS is by far the most intimate and romantic setting of any of the Couples resorts.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

You've already picked the perfect Couples to get married at. CSS has a cabana that overlooks the ocean and it is very private, beautiful, and romantic. I highly suggest that spot.
    Juliann & Jeff
    Jamaica Soon Come

My husband and I have been to CN and CSA. I prefer CSA for an intimate wedding for two. The property is more spread out, so there aren't as many people in a given area of the resort at one time. The garden gazebo is amazing! The grounds are very lush with flowers, plants, and palm trees.
    I would HIGHLY recommend CSA to anyone who is getting married.

We have only been to SweptAway. That's because, on our 20th anniversary we were, well, Swept Away on our first visit there. This May, for our 35th anniversary, we will be returning for our 7th visit.

I normally don't try to recommend SweptAway, because I personally feel that the resort selects the couple, not the other way around. But you request seems to be asking for something only two places in the world can provide, in my opinion. I'm thinking wedding gazebo at SweptAway, or the koi pond nearby.

We see lots of weddings on the beach. I don't mean to be overly critical, but there are days when it seems like a Vegas wedding chapel... one after another. But the gazebo or the pond... very romantic, in our opinion, and either can be done with minimal lookers-on, and seem to be rather under-utilized.

Good luck!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Default CSA, very romantic wedding

We are Joy and Jonas, we are 64 and 51 and we were married @ CSA on 2/27/09. It was awesome, the most beautiful and romantic time of our lives. Here is a link for our pics.
    http://www.xoopit.com/s/20xvoiqjl2oc6ygj8yek

We got married at CSA on the beach and while CSA is our "home", we liked CSS also. We had a private dinner at CSS in the wedding gazebo and if you are looking for the most private and gorgeous place to get married, that would be it.We LOVED our beach wedding but as Chris said,there were onlookers.We didn't care and really, in the moment we didn't notice either.It was just the two of us and it was the best day of our lives.Whatever you choose, I am sure it will be as great as ours was.

Beautiful photos Joy and Jonas!!

Beautiful photos Joy and Jonus. Thank you for sharing them.

This Feb. is our first couples experience at CSS. Unless it's over the top extraordinary, I don't normally visit the same resort twice as I like to experience new things.

I like that everyone has an idea of what they like or don't like and the experiences you shared. A beach wedding probably wouldn't be our route, I like the other options better.

Thanks again

Default Eloped to CTI

Quote Originally Posted by Molly229 View Post
    We are planning on getting married next winter (2011). We are both in our mid 40's and are eloping as our families and friends are scattered and we don't want the hassle.

We are vacationing at CSS this Feb. and will have a better idea of the couples experience after that.

What I'm wondering is which couples resort would be the most intimate and romantic setting for a 2 person wedding. Does anyone know how couples could make it more special for us?

We were going to do a cruise but that seems like a drive by vacation, so now I'm leaning towards this route.

Thanks for your ideas.

Molly229

We eloped (we are also in our 40's) to CTI in 2007 and got married on the beach. It was PERFECT. I would highly recommend it. Flowers, photos, video, the sun, the sand, the water...AWESOME. And all taken care of. We met with our wedding coordinator the day before for a few minutes, and that was it. Easy peasy. (Have to say that I fretted....needlessly.)