Default Just the 2 of us wanting to get married

We are in our mid 40's and are experiencing our first "couples" resort this Feb. It's next year, 2011, that we want to get married. Depending on what we think of the couples resort, we may consider going back.

Has anyone done a "just the 2 of you" wedding. How did you make it special? What did the resort do for you? Did you have a planner? Did you invite other resorts guests you had met?

Any information would be helpful. I have a whole year to plan but I'm gathering my information now.

Thanks.

First, congrats on your upcoming wedding!!! My hubby and I got married at CN in November and it was just the two of us as well.
    I am 35 and he is 30. It was our first time at Couples as well.

E-mail me at ddub325@gmail.com and I will give you the details and answer any other questions you have...

Happy New Year!!

We were married in November, we are also in our 40's and just the 2 of us. We did the ceremony at sunset....absolutely beautiful. Tamika and Kenisha the wedding coordinators do all the work. Had my hair done in the salon and Tamika helped with my dress. We had the resort provide the music...there was a recording of a steel drum band as I entered the beach and Bob Marley's "Is this Love" after our vows. Tamika and the photographer signed as our witnesses. We did meet a wonderful couple on the beach that afternoon that just so happened to ask how long we have been married. We invited them. Not only did they come, they took pictures and a video! For something special we did the dinner on the beach. Since it was an evening wedding, I stayed in my dress for the evening. I since have donated my dress to Brides against Breast Cancer.

Congratulations.

wow! that's a great story! I am so excited

It feels weird planning a wedding for just 2, but the more I read of others experiences, the more it seems the most natural thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Molly229 View Post
    wow! that's a great story! I am so excited

It feels weird planning a wedding for just 2, but the more I read of others experiences, the more it seems the most natural thing to do.
    Oh you definitely shouldn't feel weird, lol, my husband and I just got married at CN in November and we're both 25. We actually did have friends come just for the wedding and later I told my husband, I wish it had just been the two of us. It's so intimate and romantic there that I think you'll find having a wedding with just the two of you will be so sweet and really special

We are in our 20s and we did it just the two of us. We loved it. I would not have changed it. I loved how romantic and special it felt. The resort was wonderful! The wedding coordinator helped me with the button on my dress and took some in the room photos before going down to meet my husband. Afterwards everyone you walk by is congratulating you. We went for a walk on the beach and then to dinner at Feathers.

I was worried that even though I did not want the big wedding I would miss having family and friends around but i didnt. I think just being the two of us was the way it was meant to be (for us at least). Hope this helps!

How did you make it special?
    We were married at CSA just the two of us and they made it very special. The wedding planner came to my room and helped me get dressed, and they took us to the ceremony site. I shed some tears that my family wasn't there but there were comforting.

What did the resort do for you?
    Everything. We didn't have to worry about a thing. We did a sand ceremony and we just gave them our sand and vase and they set it all up for us and then brought it to our room. I paid to have my dress steamed and that was taken care of. They set up hair appointments and everything.
    Did you have a planner?
    Yes she was wonderful. You will meet with her two days before your wedding. You will need to book your wedding/time seperate from your resort booking, but it was super easy.
    Did you invite other resorts guests you had met?
    WE met a couple the night before our wedding and had them be our witnesses and also had them join us for our reception. It was really nice, and we were amazed at home many people we met at the resort that shared our day with us. CSA truly becomes your family. We will be returning in May 2011 for my graduation from nursing school. I cannot wait.

One tip: Apply bug spray, and the sunset wedding isn't worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by Molly229 View Post
    We are in our mid 40's and are experiencing our first "couples" resort this Feb. It's next year, 2011, that we want to get married. Depending on what we think of the couples resort, we may consider going back.

Has anyone done a "just the 2 of you" wedding. How did you make it special? What did the resort do for you? Did you have a planner? Did you invite other resorts guests you had met?

Any information would be helpful. I have a whole year to plan but I'm gathering my information now.

Thanks.
    Molly229,

First and foremost, congratulations! We are also in our 40's and were married at CSS in April 2008, just the two of us. Since this is our second marriage we didn't want to do the big church wedding so decided that a destination wedding, weddingmoon, was the way to go. This resort has now become our "home away from home" and we've been back last year for our anniversary and will be going home again in 83 days.

We made it special by having our his/her massage done the morning of our wedding in the massage hut by the ocean after breakfast on our balcony. Nadia, the wedding planner, was great in helping us set up our wedding. We brought our own music and she helped us by setting up the flowers, cake and resort photographer/videographer. An hour before our wedding it began to rain and they pushed back our wedding until after the rain so we could be married in the wedding gazebo which required good weather (God came through with that).

We invited people we met to attend and they would have but couldn't stay because our wedding time had changed and they had other plans. We had our wedding dinner, in wedding attire, in the Palazina restaurant on the patio after going to Sunset Beach and enjoying our first sunset as husband and wife. Over dinner our friends came over to our table and toasted our marriage. It was just the perfect day!

The nice thing is that we were able to take our wedding video and photos home to show during our reception there. It was done with a festive "Jamaican" theme. We put the photos into a presentation with Jamaican, Bob Marley and Luciano, music and followed it up with the wedding video. Afterwards people told us they felt like they'd been right there with us.

Going to CSS and having the wedding with just the two of us was the absolute best! No matter which Couples resort you choose you'll find that the wedding planner and staff will go out of their way to make your wedding day the best day ever!!

Best wishes on your wedding,

Bart & Bug

Default Just The Two of Us

We are a young couple in our late-20's looking to have a small secret wedding in Jamaica at CSA. We eventually will have the big family ceremony, but unfortunetly cannot afford it for a number of years yet. However, our current financial situation would really benefit from having that little peice of paper, so we thought while we are on vacation this Spring we might as well do it!

It will just be the two of us, and we are looking for information from others who have had the ceremony as well. There will be no "wedding dress" or "wedding rings." We just want a simple private ceremony on the beaches of Jamaica. Does anyone have any tips, advice or suggestions for us? Any and all comments are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Iceice brit!! You sound just like my fiance and I....We cant affors a big wedding and we wil benefit being married so this is what we decided, small secret wedding good luck! When Are you getting married?

It will just be the two of us, and we are looking for information from others who have had the ceremony as well. There will be no "wedding dress" or "wedding rings." We just want a simple private ceremony on the beaches of Jamaica. Does anyone have any tips, advice or suggestions for us? Any and all comments are greatly appreciated! Thanks![/QUOTE]

Well you're not going to get a private ceremony on the beach since it will have people all over it. I literally had a topless sunbather laying no more then 15 feet behind where I was standing but trust me, they'll all just admire you! Some people were even taking pictures of us getting married and then took pictures of us getting pictures taken. It's a fun time, you'll love it! But if you really want a private ceremony, then you should look into getting married at the Gazebo!

AHammon - I'm sorry I just saw this post! My fiance and I are looking at this coming december.

Does anyone know if there are times (for the complimentary ceremony 10 - 4 pm) that would be better to be "alone" on the beach for our ceremony?

16 more days and just the two of us will be arriving at CSA to be married September 4th! We will let you know how it goes but we think that it is going to be amazing and beautiful and everything we wanted! Congrats to you!

Jen & Ian

My husband and I got married in 4.23.04 at CN. I was 28 and he was 45. We went by ourselves.

When we arrived the wedding planner asked us if we wanted to be married on the beach or in the garden. We have gardens back home and no beach, so we opted for the beach. The wedding planner failed to inform us that the location for the weddings is right on the line that divides the regular beach from the au naturale beach. No worries though. We are the only couple that I know of that have had nude people at their wedding!!! My husband did say it was awkward to have a minister of the Lord talking to us with nude people watching us.

In that initial meeting with the planner we were able to select flowers and cake. We brought our own music for the videographer to dub in and music to walk down the pathway to the beach to. Honestly I don't even recall hearing the music as I walked toward my husband to be.

What I would do differently. In April it rains mid morning and once it is over the sun comes back out and the island becomes a humid, sticky mess. So I would get married first thing in the morning. Also the water is not nearly as pretty after the rain. So if you want sparkling blue water in your pics, get married in the morning. The photographer was the resort photographer and did a pretty lousy job. I don't know if they have upgraded to digital photography or not, but we did get the negatives and I did have them touched up some at our lab back home. If I could go back I would have hired my own photographer. The video was pretty sub par too. The music was dubbed in nicely, probably because the videographer demanded a huge tip. My husband paid the fee because he did not want our video to somehow disappear.

Other than that the resort did a great job making our day special.

We started the morning with a massage, I had my hair done, and we dressed ourselves. We wore our wedding attire to dinner. I look forward to going back for a renewal someday.

Quote Originally Posted by iceicebritney View Post
    Does anyone know if there are times (for the complimentary ceremony 10 - 4 pm) that would be better to be "alone" on the beach for our ceremony?
    We've been staying at CN annually since 1999 and sometimes stay more than once a year. Based upon our experience in our 13 trips to CN, I can tell you that people are on the beach all day. It's never empty during the day, and there will be people who stop to watch your ceremony.

We hit the beach right after breakfast. We take a short break for lunch, and then we're back on the beach until we return to our room to shower and dress for dinner. Others are similar.

However, if guests are set up close to the wedding arch, the wedding coordinator, minister, photographer, or security guard will ask them to move, and there won't be beachgoers in any of your photos. We've even seen them call out to people in the water and ask them to move for a few moments so that they weren't in the shot.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).